Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

i'm trying to get to the London moneyshow in november (8-10th).....probably the saturday ...I just need to score points with the wife first.........

N

hey all

finally got home ...........a 2 minute peek tells me the convergence phase continued all week (left chart)....

good week for selling the AUD and the NZD..........nice buys on GBP and the Yen

Yen was the play I called from early doors this week .....USD sat on the fence

one of the nicer moves was therefore a bear sell on NZDJPY right chart

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 265
hey all

I am becoming aware that the weekly 1ma chart shown this week looks a little wierd....

hmmmm let me take a look at my VPS indicators to ensure I have the correct versions on it ....I have been playing with loads and loads of versions (as usual)..........

may need to refer to the Jedster***....... yes i'll blame him....it must be all his fault ....!!!

cheers
N

** some say he wears his trousers backwards .......some say the words he utters are from an ancient druid trading language only spoken by Wizards ........we just know him as..THE JEDSTER

Last edited:
hey all ......well here we are again ....new week

early days on the charts ..........so not much to comment on really......Dow is below its 20ma on both daily and weekly charts so I am interested in chasing any Yen and or USD bull moves (in the absence of any other obvious economic news/moves) ....as I did last week on the Yen sucessfully

later
N

Attachments

• week starting 30th sep 13.JPG
    week starting 30th sep 13.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 483
headline in the FT today

jees .....will we ever learn ?

N

Attachments

• FT.JPG
    FT.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 226
Hey everyone - feel free to browse the posts and attachments below and use the Free resources available

The FXCorrelator - My Basic Indicator & simple system PDF
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1460.html#post2172856

The FXCorrelator_Goldmeter (measures Gold in relative terms to other currencies - nice system ! ):-
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1202.html#post1960456

Trading Exotics (allows you to add other currencies into the mix) :-
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1204.html#post1962866

The FXCorrelator indicator - simple description (See attachment below)

What is Correlation ? - (See attachment below)

If you are unsure or have queries about any of these free resources - please post questions on my threads here at Trade2Win ....or alternatively please contact me at [email protected]

(Note that I do have an FXCorrelator website but it is currently undergoing some upgrades due to server issues)

Attachments

• the FXcorrelator.docx
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Disclaimer.docx
    18.6 KB · Views: 647
  • What is correlation.docx
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:
I notice a lot of people online........Please explore in the signature area below for more information on this thread and what I do alongside some very very good traders that help me

you are very welcome here !

N

i'm looking back over some of TRO's work .......I corresponded with him way back in the day on some of my early
Strengthmeter ideas ...

Theres something on price moves I remember he worked on that i need to find ...the guy is a demon at programming as well

..........he also has a lot of videos on youtube ....try them ....he has always challenged many conventional trading ideas and is worth a look.........heres his take on an interesting book.......and supports a lot of what I try to do these days ............I try to react to momentum in the market ..........nothing more nothing less........I dont care what a market did a day a week or even 15 minutes ago..........I try to deal in the moment ..and play the odds...............Try it ......the more you try it the luckier you may get ........?

N

Last edited:
morning all

well well ......a sweeping move into october as Yen and USD dive south and the AUD starts to move north like a bullet :|

The Dow is not in support languishing below its 20 sma's on both charts ......but screw that .....follow this move as it now develops ....;)

in my Free PFD here (see signature links) I state that the USD and Yen on the same side of the ZERO on any FXcorrelator is a signal to trade them and ignore Dow correlations ...........

on lower TF's (that I try to avoid now on this thread as its more time intensive to follow) the A/U Trade went on around 5am ish........but i was asleep......:)

N:smart:

Attachments

• action stations .jpg
    action stations .jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
sorry all .........I had to say my piece here ...jesus T2W is a really good forum and I am proud to call it home ..........We need some more contributions from Experienced traders thats all

N

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/179592-no-longer-place-scose-5.html#post2197466
While I find the level of expertise from people such as you NVP - among many others – invaluable, there do seem to be a large number of inexperienced traders like myself compared with those evidencing greater experience and skills. I believe Shakone has commented on this situation in another thread.

In my various researches into old threads recommended to me by you and by others, it’s hard to miss the fact that there appeared to be a corps (rather than core) who appeared to be the nub of the site and provided momentum - either through trading or non-trading related matters.

As I work my way through these old threads, a number of things strike me.

1. Posts per day were enormously higher than today.
2. A greater number of people posted on any given day.
3. A far wider range of topics were covered.
4. There was more humour, banter and witty riposte.
5. There was incredible discord between some members debate was often heated and robust.
6. The experienced members’ posts active on any given day outnumbered the newcomers’ posts considerably .

This analysis must be considered within the context of my working through perhaps the more 'popular' threads, but what seems to be missing is the critical mass for this corps or brotherhood to exist. Perhaps the willingness to allow things to get gritty before stepping in allowed discussions to run their course more easily, or to even start in the first place. These members that were the boiler house of the site back then - where did they go and why did they leave?

Timsk has pointed me to the more ‘colourful’ characters as he put it and while I can understand the site’s need to maintain order and discipline, based on Shakone’s comments elsewhere and yours here, if I’ve interpreted comments accurately, and if you’ll allow some flowery prose, it seems that a damping down and a culling has extinguished the spark that kept the flame alight. The site is completely devoid of unpleasantness and a comfortable place in which a beginner like myself can risk posting, but I’d probably trade my current level of safety and endure some of the heat from the robust debate that ensued back then in exchange for exposure to even greater knowledge and trading experience than I currently enjoy.

I hope you’ll take my comments in the positive spirit intended and nothing therein should be construed as critical of any individual or policy. Quite the opposite. As a massively net beneficiary of the advice and support I’ve received from the good members of this site, it has my total thanks as well as support, but I just thought my comments might be pertinent to your plea NVP.

hey PB

I agree with everything you say...and I acknowledge we all can only put our own perspective on things .....

however things turn out only time will tell .....

N

Last edited:
heres TRO again .............I use some of these theories in my advanced Strengthmeter systems (although I play the trades both ways ....not just the reversal principle) ....play the odds ........play the odds gang ..............

N

Last edited:
ok one more gem.........i'd forgotten how much i loved these short punchy videos

now remember I dont really trade any of TRO's pure systems. but I do agree with many of the principles.......and I am not affiliated to him (you can probably see hes not much into cosy Vendor relationships ? :cool:)

but he keeps it simple and that irritates the hell out of most forums and Vendors trying to charge $000's of dollars for courses and trading secrets .....

so all you have to do now is go and find how and where you will set those buy and sell lines ...............right ? :smart:

N

morning all .....

sorry - early meetings so didnt get to my charts .....will try later tonight

I will also try to add more installments to my new "what is a Strengthmeter " thread below in the signature area

N