Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I actually convert and apply a lot of this strategy to my strengthmeter Trading .....

TRO keeps it brutally simple ...........and that is the key ......

if you have personally developed (or follow Vendors and Experts) that apply complex (200 page) strategies then you have not yet truly completed your trading journey to achieving long term profitability

Simplify simplify simply........theres always space to simplify ....be objective and discard anything that is not adding to the strategy (usually 90% of what you are using)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...lose-again-therumpledone-314.html#post2197966

hey all

dont worry I havnt run away......I'm just looking at a small anomoly on the weekly charts i'm getting on one of my indicators as it doesnt make sence and I dont like posting incorrect indicators/ charts !

nothing world shattering but I like to have things straight.... the Jedster is being consulted ......

N

some say he wont walk on the right side of the pavement ......some say he was offered the Man Utd Job but wanted to use his own Balls (think about it ;)).....we just know him as the JEDSTER :LOL:

Last edited:
thanks for the work Jedster .....I do kind of get it ..........looks like my FXcorrelator can sometimes offer up some very very small marginal price variations...that become more apparent when used on ultra low settings (eg 1ma) ......so I will need to make that clear to everyone when I use them in this way ........I know its because i only use the USD pairs as my baseline relativity calculator..... and I accept the variations in the name of simplicity ...........;)

I do recognise the other indicators you use can load more currencies in for reference... but to be honest unless the broker offers all it really causes more issues i suspect

cheers mate ....
N

Last edited:
ok gang pitstop over .....

the Corrie is about as good as it will get given the need to balance simplicity of programming with the performance of average MT4 broker platforms and feeds .......

so will get so i'm back tomorrow with the usual charts and comments

N

Ps if anyone a bit more in the know on strengthmeters is interested

I just uploaded a USD pair version of the strengthmeter here ....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/179468-forex-strengthmeters-basics-5.html#post2198914

that means you are looking at the strength weakness of all the 7 USD pairs ......

so in effect the USD is the Horizontal Zero line

on reflection possibly more useful to a lot of you that dont trade my pure Strengthmeter - that has the (green) USD as another one of the lines in the chart
N

final day fo the week.........

if you read my Free PDF in the signature area below the rules now state to trade USD and Yen pairs if they are both on the same side (regardless of Dow)

sadly this week we got "suckered" as Yen dropped back below the Zero (although we have had a good run of selling Yen and USD together prior to that) ..........but look now as Yen got north again the PDF states to trade the Yen or USD Currency that is opposing the Dows (bear) direction .............so Yen signalled a buy later this week so far .....I'm not convinced though If I were to also use the weekly (right charts) information as well where Yen is only neutral on the weeks movement .......

such is life .........this PDF is an intro systen designed to show simple correaltion strategies on a Strengthmeter......nothing more nothing less

on the right chart ...a simple weekly 1ma ......the Euro and AUD have been pretty bullish all week .....with the CAD being the dog sell since early doors on monday ......change the weekly tf to a daily and you will see each days progress this week re the individual currencies on a 1ma

later
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 248
hey all ........

Today I finally got my previous host to agree to release my FXCorrelator.com website from their grips.........this has been a saga for nearly 6 months now and not helped by the long term absence/ illness of my dear friend sylvie who was my IT and business partner when I ran my pilot VIP course a year or so back

at bloody last..........no i'm not a vendor but I do need a little showcase for what we do here .......when it does fire up again it will initially forward to these threads at T2W ...

once I get time I can bed some Free basic ideas and systems there in one place again .....

Jedster - thanks again for the advice and support in getting this done :smart:......is there no limit to this mans talent ?

N

some say he demands rose petals be sprinkled in his path......others say he can hold his breath for 10 minutes ......all we know is ...he is the Jedster !!! :LOL:

sorry all

jees ive been sidetracked by helping my wife trying to build a property empire ....Ive talked to so many Estate agents and letting agents in the last 2 days my brain hurts...

even heavy sarcasm is not working .........I am told to sit quietly (impossible for me) whilst she talks business with the grown ups ........

hmmmmm
N

mornin all .....

ok early days for the week so nothing to say

last week the GBP really accelerated south and became the sell of the week with AUD the buy

that was a 400 pip reversal trade on the weekly bar

later
N

Attachments

• early days.JPG
    early days.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 190
  • audGBP.JPG
    audGBP.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 190
mornin all

apologies but we had internet problems yesterday , and today i'm at an offsite meeting all day ....will try to make up for it tomorrow

N

morning all

ok usual 2 charts rolling

1) Dow is getting killed - see comments on both charts
2) I see USD about to go North and join the Yen (left daily chart)
3) on the right chart we are in week 4 of dow falls
4) on the right chart I see the USD and Yen in the north of Zero (they are)
5) I see CAD and GBP as the sells

Trade by selling GBP & CAD against the USD ......you can also naturally pair up with YEN sells as well but that dude has been more aggressive recently than the USD who is fresh meat ...

just my take on things and we play out to week-end unless the situation changes

N

Attachments

• trade signal.JPG
    trade signal.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
here they are .........and I realise I am ignoring the very bullish AUD.......technically we could trade that also against the falling GBP and CAD......but I like to keep the USD in the mix ......even on Daily's

N

Attachments

• trades on both.jpg
    trades on both.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 188
hey all

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1492.html#post2200854

EARLY UPDATE

the G/U is still sweet ....and so is the USDCAD (y)

if you are trading lower than dailies take any profits or retighten ...........................

even if they both keep going they will still naturally suffer retraces before the week is out.....and will not be ridable if you are playing a shorter ATR/ gameplan

cheers
N :smart:

Attachments

• let it run.JPG
    let it run.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 172
  • nice CADUSD move.JPG
    nice CADUSD move.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 195
My Website is back under my control :)

its linked to the new training thread till I get it up and running with new Free resources and links

FXCORRELATOR.COM welcome home !! :)

N

I guess this is a really stupid question, but I have an MT4 account (live) with IBFX and cannot seem to figure out how to load a US30 chart? Any help? Also my demo account with FXCM doesn't show US30 either??

I guess this is a really stupid question, but I have an MT4 account (live) with IBFX and cannot seem to figure out how to load a US30 chart? Any help? Also my demo account with FXCM doesn't show US30 either??

hey dude

it can go by many names DJ30 , etc etc...just ask the Broker what they have available ......

i'm really just looking for any US Equity index to trade off for direction ..............the S&P will do just as good .........these guys are relatively tightly correlated :smart:

N

correlation in global equity indices ?......

jedster .....step away from the thread....dont go there !

(in joke)
N