Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok I tested it and it looked good...........sorry you will now see this below ....

I will reload it after 2pm this afternoon for 2 hours as thats the limit of the freebee test period daily

later
N

Attachments

• screenleap broadcasting.PNG
    screenleap broadcasting.PNG
    118.1 KB · Views: 140
ok .....i'm inbetween meetings for a few minutes so lets set the scene.......

these are just 3 TF's of the same default 20ma setting i post here EVERY day......

the 15m TF (middle) is probably my favourite but ive added a 1hr and a 5min of you want to see what else is going on .........5min would be for scalping but in truth theres better systems than this one to scalp.....

anyway.....I mentioned earlier that I am hoping for some GBP consolidation North today off of the the big sells in the week...also some sells on the NZD but that may miss the boat as we go into the weekend...

so lets see what happens over the next hour or to live .....

a rising Dow will help ....and I see the Japanese Yen is already in trouble so the party is starting early

screens will be up in a few minutes ........we get 2 hours on this SCreenleap Demo - so that will fully cover the DOW opening ....so have fun and ask questions as we proceed ....I may pop out from time to time as also busy elsewhere .....;)

hopefully I will be able to see how many viewrs as well from my side so its all new to me as well :smart:

have fun...
N

Attachments

• 3 stooges.jpg
    3 stooges.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
probably will be as exciting as watching paint dry ...........but this is all practice ......

thnks
N

damn yen has buried everyone ..........now we need to see if its continuation time or some retracing

sorry all ............the mouse is supposed to be auto-moving every 60 seconds to keep the screen "live"............

teething teething.......

N

big question now is whether the Dow attacks the 14,000 ......or bounces back south

hmmm

N

I see GBP is trying to now respond north.....promising and may hopefully start getting short traders nervous....

N

working fine neil but very hard to see some of lines against black background (eg blue eur)

noted............I'm seeing that to and its certainly not as clear as me looking at my screens in the flesh.... ...:cool:

N

i'll be honest as well ....i'm busy on work calls so am babysitting the charts for this test broadcast
but not able to trade ......

N

sorry all ...........will go and try to fire it up again.....i think the 2 hours is up on the meter though ....

N

yep - it was asking me to reconnect and only a few minutes left ...........generally then as long as I remember to set the automouse mover it was working.........

N

heres the last view as it sails off to sunset ..........

soooo - fairly steady buy signals on GBP & Euro............ Dow was rising & Yen was the sell and USD was north so no pure signals were given and you had to get dow(n) and dirty ignoring the USD to trade the E/J and even G/J (if you really like some drama)

later
N

Attachments

• screenleap.PNG
    screenleap.PNG
    573.7 KB · Views: 163
mornin all ........

thanks for the help.......early days and as you can guess my long term plans are not to be broadcasting the very simple charts I offer here already ..... ....

there is no way of safely encrypting Mt4 software so that the code is protected from copying .......so I will never ever release it to the market in this way

Things like Screenleap although restrictive allow TV style channels to broadcast charts and indicators to other Traders without the Auhor losing his privacy

Sure smart Traders can try to guess the settings**.....good luck to them, and I make no secret in use of the Core strategies I use here re Correlation and Strengthmeters .....but as you now realise from years back - I dont use the Default strategy here for my mainstream trading ......its purely for illustrating ideas for new traders ......and also the devil is in the last 10% of any system as programmers will tell you ...

thanks again ....more next week
N

**over the years I have gradually settled on 3-4 levels of TF/MA depth on most of my private settings for each Currency + also incorporating Market correlation patterns and also patterns on Currency groups/clusters....then in truth I still look at the pairchart patterns under scrutiny and eyeball the general market conditions subjectively before pressing the button....

Attachments

• the future.jpg
    the future.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited: