Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

just called these on Flashes thread ........I cannot get to my live accounts though !

Attachments

• sell usd calls.jpg
    sell usd calls.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 105
sorry all - I was far to bold on that move ............I was fine on the 15m and 1hr charts .....but look at the 5 mins shown here in the middle chart ...........technically I was taking a chance on it extending further without a correction .............which really hit on the G/U trade .....

Slapped wrist..trying to turn a buck whilst briefly online.....

My systems are pretty robust...shame about the trader ....;)

N

Attachments

• deserved better .jpg
    deserved better .jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 124
sorry all ............

my Trading screens are frozen at home at the moment and cannot access them

remember NFP today so be careful

N

hey all

back in system - so a brief update here

the week has seen a lot of buying on the Dow which (eventually) got our usd and yen boys south for some nice sells (yesterday was great)

With consolidated buying on the Dow since Tuesday I was going to urge Caution today on selling the Yen and USD any further - as Traders may be looking to lock in Dow gains and possibly trigger some Dow stops (pushing Yen and USD north again)

Its also NFP so all bets off anyway !

In fact (below) we see Dow still flying and this should keep YEN and USD in southern Territory

not for me this afternoon though

have a good weekend
NVP

Attachments

• dow up and usd and yen down.jpg
    dow up and usd and yen down.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 150
ok the very decent NFP's will keep the Dow buzzing north for a while yet....(and keep the usd and Yen bearish)

just be careful of the Dow tightening & profit taking later tonight

later !
N

hey all

hope you got some trades in after NFP's.........as I said in my post(s) above from yesterday ....it was pretty obvious that some profit taking was probably going to happen after a great few days on the Dow.....and therefore the dynamics to change with yen and USD getting north for a while ....

which they did (y)

ok the Dow was not below the 20 smas on the charts below** until much later in the party.........but who said I follow the rules all the time ? ;)

this is all timings GMT -1 below

have a great weekend :smart:
N

** to make you all feel better - Dow was sub 20 sma on the 5mins .....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• time to take profits on Dow.jpg
    time to take profits on Dow.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
and look at the Euro....it never even blinked as usd and yen came north ......

I also saw the (Grey) Swissie catch up with Euros big move (better late than never dude)

I saw an unstoppable CAD (brown) off of NFP's ...(I must trade that dude more)

and poor GBP and Aussie twins took the real pain on the big sells yesterday afternoon

later
N

Attachments

• dynamiccs.jpg
    dynamiccs.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 129
NVP,
I just wanted to say thanks for all your work with correlation. I am new to this thread and wanted to ask if there was a good place for me to start in order to understand your strategy. I am also a little confused with your comparison to the Dow 30; every forex platform that I have been on does not have that listed as an option. Are there some good posts where I should start in order to comprehend your thought pattern. Thank you in advance and hope only the best for you.
Craig

In my opinion, many experiences traders should share experience for newbie so they can learn from and try to apply it to their forex online trading. I am glad to make many people being consistence in their forex online trading.

In my opinion, many experiences traders should share experience for newbie so they can learn from and try to apply it to their forex online trading. I am glad to make many people being consistence in their forex online trading.

agreed......so suggest you set your own thread up and offer genuinely free advice to Newbies (like I do) and best wishes to you sir...its not as easy as it looks day in day out I can assure you ;)

N

Last edited:
NVP,
I just wanted to say thanks for all your work with correlation. I am new to this thread and wanted to ask if there was a good place for me to start in order to understand your strategy. I am also a little confused with your comparison to the Dow 30; every forex platform that I have been on does not have that listed as an option. Are there some good posts where I should start in order to comprehend your thought pattern. Thank you in advance and hope only the best for you.
Craig

Hey Craig

heres my free site - have a look around at some of the menu areas for what I explain re correlation etc etc

http://fxcorrelator.com/corrie2/free-indicator-and-video/

and look at the signature area below regarding a simple document I produced a while back

the thread here is sure long now.........but I do make comments along the way about what I do and the general principles i apply which are pretty simple on the surface !

if you cant get the Dow then the S&P will be fine .....you will see the same Action on the MA's (like the 20ma I prescribe) vs the yen and USD

I am merely showing people that global equities generally move in negative correaltion to the USD and Yen

good luck and ask any other questions here :smart:

N

Last edited:
hey all

that Dow hit has continued through the night in asian session.....

looks like we hunt USD and YEN buys this morning until further notice.....Euro taking a real Bashing at the moment

Watch that Dow support level on the 1 hr chart (right)......will it hold ?

N

Attachments

• Dow falling .jpg
    Dow falling .jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 174
here I am trading the 15m TF...........

I normally hide the CAD , CHF and NZD to make it simpler to see my main trading pairs in the london session

with Dow BELOW its 20ma and yen & USD ABOVE the zero line on a 20ma FXcorrelator...I am simple trying to scalp the currencies dipping below the Zero

so I am looking at sells on

EURUSD
GBPUSD
EURJPY

I dont trade GBPJPY at this low level of timeframe

N

Attachments

• strategy on 15m TF.jpg
    strategy on 15m TF.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 193
my system is simple.....

the real skill is gradually understanding the cyclical dynamics and the timing of the entries so you are not to early or to late to getting your pips !

all pairs cycle whether trending or not........and all Individual Currencies cycle as well.....

practice practice practice .....and experience make it work ....like anything in life

N

hey all

any more coming in the pot ?

N

Attachments

• more to come .jpg
    more to come .jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 201
just beware........

I think that 1hr TF is gonna bounce the Dow soon a little north off of the support level and we will see some USD/Yen sells

Dow futures has now come off some 100+ points since friday s high

time will tell
N

yum yum.........more pips

Attachments

• yum yum .jpg
    yum yum .jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 185