Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok pressure is really on now for a little retracing .....

BEWARE !

AUD looks in a strong position for the buys if / when they come

N

Attachments

• pressure on .jpg
    pressure on .jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 142
all i am doing is using my excellent FXcorrelator tool to watch the market

I cannot guarantee anything .....but my global view of what currencies are doing (instead of watching lots and lots of paircharts) puts me right in the slot to make fast and educated trading decisions

and you can to by loading the tools further below

sorry - there are no magic foolproof formulas to trading the markets :smart:

N

Last edited:
hey all

see how things are developing now

remember - no guarantees !

N

Attachments

• see.jpg
    see.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 140
Hey all

Dow has opened and here we are .....as promised the Dow is slowly fighting north*** and usd and yen are slowly falling on the 15m TF .........and the Euro has offered up early buys .........!

the AUD has dissapointed me by not rising more......but to be honest it is ASLEEP at the moment in aussieland and the GBP and/or Euro would have to be pretty dire and weak not to take charge whilst they are awake !....

*** ok the market could turn on a sixpence...but thats trading !

Believe me - you can do this like I do ........

learn to use the FXcorrelator
just practice practice practice
understand the DOW*/USD/YEN correlation (or any US Equity indices you can load)
start to trust your own feelings about what the market is showing you
experiment on settings if you want - I only offer the default 20ma here

its all common sense isnt it what I have said today ? ....no bells , whistles or magical indicators !

later
N

Attachments

• move starts.jpg
    move starts.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Remember I am not looking for clones here ...........I want you to start out with the basics as shown here and then become your own trader ......thats where sucess lies in trading

I am not you guys and each of you is not me ........thats one of the true secrets to trading

individuality

N

hey all

Now what ?|FXCORRELATOR
let me know about the grey coloured Screen on the left ...I'm trying to make it easier for some people to view the charts .....also if you already like what you get already (on black) just yell as well !

ok on the daily left chart we are pretty Dow Neutral and I see a slightly bullish YEN and USD....

so I need the Dow to show its hand to help with my bias calls.....

just following the 1hr (right chart) got us a Nice Dow kick north in asian session and the predictable sells on USD and Yen ...and a few pips on AUD and the others if you were fast to the table .......(I am hiding CAD , NZD and CHF presently as in truth I rarely trade these Guys)

The AUD is always the best bet on the asian Session ....why ?

c'mon - figure it out !

Have a great days trading - and remember the most Powerful Trading tool you have is your own brain...so use it !

N

Attachments

• what next.jpg
    what next.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 148
I've had a bounce back that my Website may have some type of Malware infection ......will get my IT person to have a look it.....dont enter if you get warnings....

sorry
N

Hey all

apologies my chart pictures sometimes from a remote source are smaller than normal ........

I said to the mods that I would try to lighten up the background when i can...

meanwhile heres the Yen and USD looking bullish to me ......so stay on the buys with them until dow recovers

N

N

Attachments

• buying yen and usd.jpg
    buying yen and usd.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 133
if anyone can show here or recommend nice backgrounds for me to use i'm happy to oblige

I like black as it means my eyes dont go bang when i am spending hours infront of charts

white would kill them ...........but possibly for examples and posting ?

so cmon let me know here

N

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1233.html#post1985220

well well well !

what a pleasant and predictable afternoons trading !

as mentioned earlier ........the Dow keeps falling (see on the left chart ? - plenty of room on that daily chart for more falls before support arrives) and the yen and USD keep rising

see how the blue Euro is the victim on the right 1hr chart ?

on this 1hr chart - I still have CAD , NZD and CHF hidden to make it easier to see my usual trading currencies......and CHF was another sell today if you opened her up (jees what a surprise !)

easy money ......take it with both hands as things are normally much tougher than this to make a buck !

N

Attachments

• yen and usd buys.jpg
    yen and usd buys.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 133
Gold was also a big sell this afternoon .........but it was eclipsed by the Euro's move above so the rules I publish here forbad me to trade it (yeah - right:cool:)

N

hey all

well the Dow futures kept falling in the night and eventually hit a support level I had identified on the 1hr TF from 2nd october (not the daily...a little more in the tank there)

so respect the cyclical nature of markets

N

Attachments

• bounce.jpg
    bounce.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 119
its really starting to motor...

using the lower 15m and 5m TFs (not shown ) i'm up on buying Euro and GBP into USD

N

Attachments

• starting to motor.jpg
    starting to motor.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 124
the market will retrace a little soon so i am locking in a handful of pips on G/U and E/U

not a fortune but enough before I go to work ........I will leave G/U just under 1.60 as a stop....it may hold ...may not

later
N

actually i'm just out the door ......i'll take that trade on G/U at 1.6015 and run..........

not bad at all ........

later all
N

back for 2 seconds........

beware the yen and USD are right in the Neutral zone on 1hr and 15m charts .......let it get some bias first again before trading

N

looking at buying E/U at 1.2865

but I need Dow to keep coming north