Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I am the worlds most twitchy scalper....

Attachments

• 3-4 pips.jpg
    3-4 pips.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 137
because I am clear on what I am doing ......no fuss no frills and no overstaying each visit I make to the Jungle.....plenty of pips there if you take your time and know your strategy 10000% (in this case scalping for small pippage)

the FXcorrelator has thousands of strategies and usages all waiting to be discovered....and an idiot like me can only scratch the surface ;)

N

Attachments

• exit.jpg
    exit.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
if the dollar was more bullish i'd have had a hatful of pips there but I am especially twitchy on selling E/U or G/U until the dudes all finally agree on the debt package......

N

ok ..the 5min 80/20 system is poised on Dow opening bell :eek:

N

Attachments

• dow opening bell.jpg
    dow opening bell.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 169
Hi N,

how are you my friend ?.. almost 1.000 pages, respect (y)

I was quiet busy last 2 months (school, holidays..etc, you know) .. but don´t be worry, i was staring at charts (also in here), forex is so addicting, right :D

And now I finally can be more focus on forex, testing, reading, optimazing and whatever :clap:

K

Hi N,

how are you my friend ?.. almost 1.000 pages, respect (y)

I was quiet busy last 2 months (school, holidays..etc, you know) .. but don´t be worry, i was staring at charts (also in here), forex is so addicting, right :D

And now I finally can be more focus on forex, testing, reading, optimazing and whatever :clap:

K

hey k

i'm fine....................and yes trading is in the blood.....and as soon as I am looking at charts i am in another world and lost for hours......ask my wife :cheesy:

N

ok ..the 5min 80/20 system is poised on Dow opening bell :eek:

N

the 80/20 system on the 5mins is signalling 100% correlation

Dow down on 80 & 20 mas
Yen and usd above 80/20 mas on the FXcorrelator

and we even have the gbp and the euroand the AUD sitting nicely below their 80/20's

we just need some momentum on that Dow to start it rolling......its slow work and the damn USD is like a snail in any Northern moves :mad:

N:smart:

Ive had potential trades on from 12.45 gmt today (on more aggressive/advanced strategies) and they have generated a few pips ......lets see if the more steady 80/20 system can look after us today !

Nailed it........

80/20 rocks ! (y)

N

Attachments

• nailed it .jpg
    nailed it .jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 133
MR CORRELATOR you are genius wowwww an afternoon nigth time for me never made so many pipes in my life the market went crazy oh boy so easy too trade gbp/jpy .gbp/us .eur/chf more the 600 pipes man you are the best you deserved a gold medal thanks again for your good work hope you get a very big reward

hey B

ssssshhhh..........we need to keep it our little secret ;)

N

Attachments

• nice.jpg
    nice.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 149
MR CORRELATOR you are genius wowwww an afternoon nigth time for me never made so many pipes in my life the market went crazy oh boy so easy too trade gbp/jpy .gbp/us .eur/chf more the 600 pipes man you are the best you deserved a gold medal thanks again for your good work hope you get a very big reward

hey B

i'm not convinced on trading outside the Yen and usd pairs .....but you seem to have this all under control...

respect my good friend...you are a corrie black belt (y)

N

everyone ...........B makes it look easy....but it does need practice,practice practice

N

I wrote my own Correlator indicator, which is very similiar to NVP.
Last night I came across a new idea: Why not multiply each currency value in the indicator with it's relevant market volume?
The idea came from the logic that the more "factor" you add to each currency - the more realistic the results.

After running it live for a few hours (side by side with the "normal" one) - the new version with the relative market share for each currency is much more accurate.

Try it and let me know.

hey all

interesting overnights.........:smart:

expect the usd to perform well today and possibly the Dow.....thats not good for the 80/20 system - so I would recommend looking for Yen and chf sells into the usd for a change if Dow flys north in US session - not sure when the senate are voting :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 214
I wrote my own Correlator indicator, which is very similiar to NVP.
Last night I came across a new idea: Why not multiply each currency value in the indicator with it's relevant market volume?
The idea came from the logic that the more "factor" you add to each currency - the more realistic the results.

After running it live for a few hours (side by side with the "normal" one) - the new version with the relative market share for each currency is much more accurate.

Try it and let me know.

hey G

interesting concept..... :sneaky:

over the last couple of years I have looked at the volume based tools out there for Forex but personally find them unproven....but happy to be proven wrong :smart:

and naturally a lot of Currency based global indexes "Tradeweight" their Charts which again is very
subjective and not to my taste....

hey - drop it in here and let us all have a play (y)

N

I love Jack and the boys.......they are always worth a read

heres some Aussie observations

N

Attachments

• black swan boys.pdf
    582.1 KB · Views: 384
I love Jack and the boys.......they are always worth a read

heres some Aussie observations

N

Has china still dont cut her quota from Australia we are safe AUSTRALIA cannot supply all demand from china, even new mine open all the time Australia economy hes very strong unless the world market collapse we all safe

hey G

interesting concept..... :sneaky:

over the last couple of years I have looked at the volume based tools out there for Forex but personally find them unproven....but happy to be proven wrong :smart:

and naturally a lot of Currency based global indexes "Tradeweight" their Charts which again is very
subjective and not to my taste....

hey - drop it in here and let us all have a play (y)

N

Hi N,

It's not volume - but currency weight or share in the market.
Started forward test yesterday - AMAZING accuracy!!

Got to go, details later.

Last edited: