Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N,

It's not volume - but currency weight or share in the market.
Started forward test yesterday - AMAZING accuracy!!

Got to go, details later.

yes all details very welcome please give an example
many thanks

yes all details very welcome please give an example
many thanks

hey GG

You have to excuse me - but with respect I have over 200,000+ views on this thread and a hell of a lot of people that follow and trust me.......so you can appreciate I average 2-3 spams a day here that are deleted and a lot of approaches regarding potential correlation software and systems ...

please share the system here with us - or I am happy to see it by pm'ing me and i'll have a look ...

[email protected]

all my correspondance there is treated in the strictest confidence and I am happy to give
any thoughts I have on tuning it (if any)

I dont think that 1 days trading gives an impression of what a system can Truly do .....and in fact I dont offer a complete trading system on this Thread per se (thats for my future website)

I merely advance the uses of Strengthmeters as a window to Individual currency behaviour and use a simple 80/20 ma based approach to show its possibilities

the market does what the market does and the FXcorrelator is great at observing that on any timeframe

looking forward to some correspondance on this one as playing is learning

N

Last edited:
heres lunch..........slow day on the 80/20 with just 2 signals :sneaky:

this is all set GMT-1 (the settings are 1 hour before true GMT)

.....as is my post timing here as its 1pm in the uk (???)

N

Attachments

• thats lunch.jpg
    thats lunch.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 214
GBP has entered the SELL zone (y)

this is all to close to Dow open now.....

N

Attachments

• GBP sell.jpg
    GBP sell.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 138
hey GG

You have to excuse me - but with respect I have over 200,000+ views on this thread and a hell of a lot of people that follow and trust me.......so you can appreciate I average 2-3 spams a day here that are deleted and a lot of approaches regarding potential correlation software and systems ...

please share the system here with us - or I am happy to see it by pm'ing me and i'll have a look ...

[email protected]

all my correspondance there is treated in the strictest confidence and I am happy to give
any thoughts I have on tuning it (if any)

I dont think that 1 days trading gives an impression of what a system can Truly do .....and in fact I dont offer a complete trading system on this Thread per se (thats for my future website)

I merely advance the uses of Strengthmeters as a window to Individual currency behaviour and use a simple 80/20 ma based approach to show its possibilities

the market does what the market does and the FXcorrelator is great at observing that on any timeframe

looking forward to some correspondance on this one as playing is learning

N

Hi N,

My aim was to try to suggest improvement to you indicator/system - and not to spam.
I can't offer more than one day trading with this - it was born yesterday...

In any case, here is the logic behind my system (and simple to introduce to your FXCorrelator):

Individual currency weight - How to:
(info gathered from the internet- percent market share)

EURUSD = 28%
USDJPY = 14%
GBPUSD = 9%
AUDUSD = 6%
USDCAD = 5%
USDCHF = 4%
EURJPY = 3%
EURGBP = 3%
OTHER = 28%

Those numbers doesn't change much - but you can update them monthly (or whenever...)

For current example - Let's ignore the "Other" and deal with the 72% (above sum).
Now we take all the pairs that include the USD = 66%.
Divide in 2 (to extract the USD only) = 33%.
Since the 33% is only 72% of the market, USD = 33/72*100 = ~ 45%.

Meaning - roughly 45% of the market volume consists of USD.
(Sorry if I caused some headaches...)

We repeat the above calculation for each of the other 7 currencies.

Now go to the indicator (FXCorrelator in NVP case) and multiply each currency with its "factor", i.e.:
USD = USD*0.45

Just make shure that the total "factors" are equal to 1 or 100%....

And that's it.

To me it makes more sense - a "heavy" currency move (like USD) have more impact than "light" currency (like NSD).

hey GG

N

Forgot to answer that part...

I'm willing to share my knowledge freely - nothing to hide or keep as a secret.
I'll answer any question and freely participate in any discussion or issue.

But - The last time I shared code (EX4) - it was cracked, decompiled and commercialy sold for $xxx.xx ... It was a very famous EA with many "versions"...

I sued, and the judge said (in many words...) that it is Ok - but not ethical... and got my expenses back. This was the last piece of code that I'm going to share. Sorry.

But - The last time I shared code (EX4) - it was cracked, decompiled and commercialy sold for $xxx.xx ... It was a very famous EA with many "versions"...

I sued, and the judge said (in many words...) that it is Ok - but not ethical... and got my expenses back. This was the last piece of code that I'm going to share. Sorry.

GG.....

apologies for my earlier response - join the club - I am very sympathetic to your cause ......Jees do I know that story , i'm up to my ears trying to threaten litigation on some programmers using my ideas despite confidentiality clauses..I scan the web daily for any evidence of them ever appearing :cry:

lets go pm for a while and talk offline

N

Hey all

heres the 80/20 pm session (y)

later as gotta scoot.......

N

Attachments

• Nice EU trade.jpg
    Nice EU trade.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 170

hey G

my apologies back.............based on my own similar experiences in having some early systems cracked (MT4 has no proven secure method of providing software to clients in my opinion) I will only releasing alert based signal services sent from within my own secure servers

l will discuss the above on PM as agreed (y)

N

hey all

dow got attacked overnight.....nice correlation moves .;)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 200
It is good that you shared us some thoughts about this field. For sure many could gain knowledge from it.

Hey J

many thanks !

as you can see from GG53's comments to us all , you have to excuse some of us for being paranoid about sharing to much information as there are a lot of people out there that are not as ethical in their dealings as one would like :rolleyes:

thats not to say that advanced systems will not be shared here or on Future websites where they are covered by Commercial arrangements involving confidentiality

I am surprised we hav'nt crossed this bridge earlier in the thread - but its a learning curve for us all and I have certainly learned a lot about strengthmeters , trading and how to develop systems using other programmers and vendors in the last 2 years :smart:

as in all things its all about the journey and the final destination becomes irrelevent !

N

Last edited:
hmmmmm......what currency isnt killing the Euro and USd ? :p

No FT - No idea :cool:

N

Attachments

• big deal.jpg
    big deal.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 167
hey all - sorry been in offsite meetings today and still am

business as usual tomorrow - get some pips for me today !

N

anywhere again good day did make so many pips again was a big winner yesterday wowwwwww unbelivable

hey G

my apologies back.............based on my own similar experiences in having some early systems cracked (MT4 has no proven secure method of providing software to clients in my opinion) I will only releasing alert based signal services sent from within my own secure servers

l will discuss the above on PM as agreed (y)

N

in my opinion you are too very nice guy so many GURU or know nothing try too sell piece of junk or do nothing????????????my friend any secret you share you must got a reward for it ,you must spend so much time working on it what about you personal life hope you got one ,anywhere your correlator do some time generated 500 pips a week between all the currency show of course some are very volatile yesterday one currency did generated 35 pips but 3 minutes later went the other way 70 pips grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easy too lost all your money caution hes very recommended stop must be in place at all the time in my opinion you correlator hes a gold making software
cheers :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

in my opinion you are too very nice guy so many GURU or know nothing try too sell piece of junk or do nothing????????????my friend any secret you share you must got a reward for it ,you must spend so much time working on it what about you personal life hope you got one ,anywhere your correlator do some time generated 500 pips a week between all the currency show of course some are very volatile yesterday one currency did generated 35 pips but 3 minutes later went the other way 70 pips grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easy too lost all your money caution hes very recommended stop must be in place at all the time in my opinion you correlator hes a gold making software
cheers :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thanks B.......you are to kind (y)

the cheques in the post :p

N

hey all

Finally North america gets some love :love:.........although it took a big Yen Selloff by the BOJ to do it

The move splits the yen and usd leaving us tempoarily without signals but thats just the nature of the 80/20 system - using the (usual) close correlation between the dow/usd and yen

it will soon be back in business on the lower timeframes so dont worry ;)

I will put another chart up to show what the BoJ are playing at............jees watch the Swissie now as they are gonna retaliate soon

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
so as we await the swissie play......what will they buy ?

spread the love or target the cheapest ?

N

Attachments

• swissie poker.jpg
    swissie poker.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 136
last post for a while as busy elsewhere.....

The BOJ are very active at the moment .......

Trading the yen will be tough today as the BOJ will probably try to buy back their currency during Dow rises to help balance the books

stay out unless you know what you are doing - or at least only trade the 80/20 when yen/usd are below
their Zeros

N

Attachments

• crazy day.jpg
    crazy day.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 140