Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

errrr.....Boris ?

isnt this my 2020 scalping system ? :eek:

Thats the last time you take me out and get me drunk.....

Viewers - I feel so cheap and used :rolleyes:

N

Doh........bless him

of course dear readers - there is 1 subtle diference here that makes these comparisons like chalk and cheese

Boris and the other 99.9 % of the forex community use pair charts to signal their trades

But as we know - pair charts are 2 seperate currencies, with their own agendas and biases.... so why not seperate them and let them run free and do what they want to ?

Thats what we let them do here sports fans......

The FXCorrelator.......Brings Currencies to life

...........and lets them run in a field of corn (?)

N
(memo to new marketing director ...you're fired :p)

Last edited:
hmmm not bad last week on the scalper indicator used on the 1hr setting

use a 15m TF to have confirmed the entries

N

Attachments

• 1hr action  last week.jpg
    1hr action last week.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 159
morning all..............that cotton never stops growing :cry:

heres the scalper 5min chart so far.....not bad

on the 3 signals that extended (1,2,3 on chart) the trades were :-

1) Buy USD - Sell GBP, CAD or AUD

2) Sell USd - Buy euro and everything except the GBP

3) buy USd - Sell the 3 commdolls

that chop preceded the final correct move for Tag ....frustration 101 !

Regards
N

Attachments

• scalper 5 min .jpg
    scalper 5 min .jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 247
Hi all

chop suey indeed on the G/U Alan !

that last signal on my prev scalper came good (Sell Tag)......everything delivered as a buy (except CHF), but as always watch the Gbp's incredible volatility on these things as it is split second stuff !!!! :eek:

personally I like more currencies on the Tag side as thats then a much bigger win for the G6's that decide to oppose the Tag on other side of the Zero.....

take em as they come (y)

N

Attachments

• nice move.jpg
    nice move.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 219
volatility is a double edged sword in trading...

cant live with it and cant live without it :p

like world class surfers ...just try to ride it when the opportunity arise, then bail immediately as it (inevitably) reverses to try to kill you :-0

and I recommend not putting 2 high volatility currencies together.....

N

Attachments

• volatiltiy .jpg
    volatiltiy .jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 225
nice Tag ride down since 10.30 eh ? (y)

surfs up !.....(and get out before it kills you)

(is that wave high enough ?....jees :eek::eek:)

N

Attachments

• corrie heaven.jpg
    corrie heaven.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Hi N and all,

Felt a wee bit rough this morning so only GU pair trading today....

GU; First trade sell stop at 44208 filled during 08:05 bar, price shot down over 30 points (that allows SL adjust) then quite quickly recovered to close out trade for nada by small wick of 08:25 bar. Second trade sell stop at 44208 (once again!) filled at end of 08:50 bar, price dangled around for three bars, moved down but didnt challenge previous local low and turned around to take out SL during 09:50 bar for 16 point loss. Third trade long entered at 44472 on open 10:00 bar, price dropped down slightly without any real threat and bumped along a narrow range for nine bars then 10:50 bar pushed up and price chugged northbound with a couple of rest offs along the way and trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 49 point profit.

Couldnt resist looking at EU chart after morning session finished and saw a couple of nice setups that N's corrie indy would have scooped up, so hopefully he will elaborate upon these if cotton picking allows. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu070610.gif
    gu070610.gif
    15 KB · Views: 228
Hi N and all,

Felt a wee bit rough this morning so only GU pair trading today....

GU; First trade sell stop at 44208 filled during 08:05 bar, price shot down over 30 points (that allows SL adjust) then quite quickly recovered to close out trade for nada by small wick of 08:25 bar. Second trade sell stop at 44208 (once again!) filled at end of 08:50 bar, price dangled around for three bars, moved down but didnt challenge previous local low and turned around to take out SL during 09:50 bar for 16 point loss. Third trade long entered at 44472 on open 10:00 bar, price dropped down slightly without any real threat and bumped along a narrow range for nine bars then 10:50 bar pushed up and price chugged northbound with a couple of rest offs along the way and trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 49 point profit.

Couldnt resist looking at EU chart after morning session finished and saw a couple of nice setups that N's corrie indy would have scooped up, so hopefully he will elaborate upon these if cotton picking allows. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hey mate ......solid pips as usual :smart:

early doors was hard work as USD was flat......around 10.30 ish the USd (finally) went south and only GBP picked up the ball with some great buy bursts (as you scooped)....Euro was bullish early on for some early (peanut) buy pips into USD, but followed the USD down in more recent trading

Take it easy mate and drop me a line when you get some free time :cool:
N

Attachments

• mornings action EGU.jpg
    mornings action EGU.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 239
right on a knife edge re the tag at this moment.....about to show its hand

N

in all honesty its soooo sooo wrong to be looking to scalp at this moment as big pivot point on the Tag and best to let it settle and show its hand

up to you all....

N

you have to be absolutely like lightening on the G/U

N

Attachments

• fast and the furious.jpg
    fast and the furious.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 129
  • cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
now the tag are steaming upwards....select your sell victim....euro ?