Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

give it a little breathing space........tag has hesitated and I thought they were going solid north there

looks like I called it to early....if you are in give it a 10 pip s/L and kill off if it happens

ironically at 1.0540 which we see now this is a much more high probability entry point as we are on the base of the swing up hopefully...........

n

here she comes again ......I am looking at the CAD sitting on a major resistance point on its 1 min (1000/1 setting) ....hoping she falls through as CAD is a a real volatile varmit if we get the wind....

N

all 3 commdolls are diving so i am hopeful again now.......all we need is also some USD cintinued upward thrust as well on the 1 mins

we are back to entry level 1.0547 - bail if you think enough is enough

AUD has just fallen through some 1 min resistance....c'mon CAD !!!

ok gotta go

this was fun for a while

I like GBP , CAD , NZD as they demonstrate quite a lot more volatility vs the AUD,EUR and CHF currencies - therefore I play them a little differently regardless of their tribal tendencies

I was trying to catch a potential big CAD fall on the 1min (1000/1) but it just keeps teetering.....if it had colloapsed we would have made some fast pips

still could ?

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• swings and roundabouts.jpg
    swings and roundabouts.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 225
and as a postscript ......everything is now falling (incl CAD) as usd gets another kick up
GBP has really kicked down past CAD

N

heres the 5 min scalper - 2 good signals so far (well 1 signal since 8am)

I have been posting regarding more recent action and you can see why I was persuing the Commdolls (CAD especially) for some pips as they are all below the Zero on the 5 min:smart:

my CAD call has delivered as you can see from second chart (y)

on that first scalper chart - see how the red GBP recently came flashing down past everything ! - I missed it (doh) :mad:

however in truth the tag signal was on from just after 8 am so the boat had long gone re the really juicy moves ...........or perhaps not ? :sneaky:

later all.....
N

Attachments

• scalper today .jpg
    scalper today .jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 200
  • usdcad call.jpg
    usdcad call.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
awe man awe man ......I must give up my job and become a full time trader :rolleyes:

beuuutifullllll (y)

N

Attachments

• 5 min results.jpg
    5 min results.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 189
first day back trading for a while, and it's been a great morning... for people who know how to use trailing stops properly :(
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1148142
We live & learn.

yep - what a pip fest......only the CHF (grey on left scalper chart) missed the party :drunk:

it was already happening when I left the party earlier

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-432.html#post1148094

if only it was this easy everyday :smart:

N

Attachments

• yum yum .jpg
    yum yum .jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 218
Thanks for the additional details NVP. I appreciate your help. I like to trade the GBPJPY so I'm trying to figure out how your Corrie could help me trade this pair.

=)

awe man awe man ......I must give up my job and become a full time trader :rolleyes:

beuuutifullllll (y)

N

I'd recommend studying trailing stops first, Neil!
In fact, from today I'm going to be recommending that to everyone I meet. Hopefully the bemused reactions will teach me to not be in such a bloody hurry with 'em!

Neil,
can I ask you a favour? Could you put some notes in your footer with stuff like commdolls, tag, & other nicknames and their colours on the charts? I always have to scratch my head for a couple of mins before I see what's what on your graphics.

Another question, while I'm at it, and I guess you & the others on this thread are the best to answer it, what is 0.00005 on a pair chart? Is it half a tick, half a pip, a semi-pip, half a point? This is something else I'm always trying to work out when I read something.

I get fill in EUR.CHF at 1.38688 and 1.38682 for instance. Is this just my broker IB or is it their clearing broker? And what would those levels be? Not still pips as well?

Hmm, sorry, I'd better stop my interruption of the corrie action now.

Thanks

Neil,
can I ask you a favour? Could you put some notes in your footer with stuff like commdolls, tag, & other nicknames and their colours on the charts? I always have to scratch my head for a couple of mins before I see what's what on your graphics.

Another question, while I'm at it, and I guess you & the others on this thread are the best to answer it, what is 0.00005 on a pair chart? Is it half a tick, half a pip, a semi-pip, half a point? This is something else I'm always trying to work out when I read something.

I get fill in EUR.CHF at 1.38688 and 1.38682 for instance. Is this just my broker IB or is it their clearing broker? And what would those levels be? Not still pips as well?

Hmm, sorry, I'd better stop my interruption of the corrie action now.

Thanks

Insofar as the 2nd part of your question is concerned, from your example of EUR/CHF, the spread being offered is 0.6 of 1 pip. This is may well be IB's quote from their clearing brokers as they make their money from commissions on trades placed.

In fact. this is an attractive spread. Many brokers and Spread Betting companies will quote a spread of 2+ pips. I used to have an account with IB, trading Dow futures, and have to say that their spreads are just about the tightest around. Shame about the poor customer support and US based accounts department.