Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

tag starting to nestle in nicely for a bull run on the 1mins....now make yuor choices on a sell weapon
faster volatility dudes or slower steady steeds - your call

N

c'mon - clock is ticking....this is scalping :smart:

N

Attachments

• sell E U.jpg
    sell E U.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 104
there were 2 currencies that performed better on the sell into the USd but hey....take what you can (y)

later - gotta pick some more cotton
N

Attachments

• e u sell.jpg
    e u sell.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 108
heres the 1 min corrie for a change ....

ensure the 5min is confirming same direction/signal for the TAG and any G6 you decide to trade against the Tag (usd)

getting the Tag direction established allows me to then concentrate on what G6 currency to trade against the USD in scalping terms............but thats another story

not bad at all :smart:
N

Attachments

• nice 1 min scalps .jpg
    nice 1 min scalps .jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 167
I could use some help with this system. Which currency is the "TAG," and is the TAG the yellow line in the correlation indicator you are all displaying?

Thank you very much.

=)

I could use some help with this system. Which currency is the "TAG," and is the TAG the yellow line in the correlation indicator you are all displaying?

Thank you very much.

=)

NVP refers to the USD & JPY as the Tag Team, as they tend to move in unison for much of the time. On NVP's charts, the USD is the green line and JPY the yellow. Another of his labels is the "Euro Tribe" = EUR, GBP, CHF. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

=)

Hey mate

alan has replied - try this as well

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-basic-ideas-strategies-2.html#post876536

also

Eurotribe are the Eur , GBP and the CHF

Commdolls are the AUD,NZD and the CAD

we correlators live it and breathe it so apologies if we dont explain all the time !!! :smart:

N

Thank you very much.

=)

Hey jicssbr

I look for the Yen and the USD to combine together (Tag team) in the same direction and then steamroller the other currencies out of the way....

a bit like the demolition going on below....imagine the other G6 currencies are those poor dudes getting clobbered by the TAG team !!!! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbr6Cb_SdTE&NR=1
N

Wow, definitely its own lingo. Thank you all for your splendid clarifications. Funny wrestlers...lol

=)

By the way, do you ever trade this on longer time-framed charts (1H, 4H, Daily, Weekly) rather than scalping? I ask this because I can't always be in front of my charts...

Thanks again.

By the way, do you ever trade this on longer time-framed charts (1H, 4H, Daily, Weekly) rather than scalping? I ask this because I can't always be in front of my charts...

Thanks again.

Hi jicssbr

open this document ....the corrie works in all timeframes and recommended TF combinations (y)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-421.html#post1140476

also read the whole thread if you can :eek: - the corrie scalper is on a 20ma setting and is just the tip of the iceberg re trading systems and what you can do with this indicator - experiment !

I am writing a document to support more advanced versions of this indiator (for sale) and systems a small group of us have developed - it will be avalable soon but evertime I finish the group take the Hybrids to a new more innovative level and the stuff I have written is out of date :cry:

(as at the moment re last 2 weeks - no more ideas please guys :sneaky: )

Good luck and best wishes (y)
N

Last edited:
DIRECTION VS BIAS

Hi all

I call the yen /dollar the tag team as early corrie research showed them to generally walk the same path

based on more recent and extended obsevations I split this into 2 and manage the relationship accordingly

1) directional bias - still generally a very high % of the time

2) volatility differential - the yen is much more volaltile (higher ATRs) than the USD

2) sometimes brings problems to our more traditional ma based corrie trading as frequently when bias/direction changes the yen will be lagging behind its ma whilst the USD quickly switches to the new ma direction with less distance to cover

frustrating but thats corrie trading - its still a million times better for observing currency behaviour than standard pair charts ..... :rolleyes:

later
N

Attachments

• tag bias and diverence convergence.jpg
    tag bias and diverence convergence.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 157