Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I have followed Forexperien from the start of his threads and tried to adapt his style into mine .................he is so so right about strict timelines for price movement and other things

its really assisting my trading / scalping

N

hey all ......back for a few mins ...........

I would say that U/J looks a little overbought.........look for sells below 103.77 where it is now ...............

yes its against the s/t term trend but my systems tell me to challenge that

N

time out on this ......shame .......

hey all ......back for a few mins ...........

I would say that U/J looks a little overbought.........look for sells below 103.77 where it is now ...............

yes its against the s/t term trend but my systems tell me to challenge that

N

its been moving between 78 and 74 ...........too tight a range to have called so i'm pretty comfortable I pulled back my call on that trade (y)

ok I gotta scoot ...........

I have to say that this week has been a bit of a revelation in my scalping as I tweaked a couple of things and got my head straight on some minor nags......amazing how the small things can make a difference .............even after 14 years of playing with strengthmeters........although scalping is still relatively new to my arsenal !

shame i'm still not getting the time to really get stuck in but maybe next week...........

later
N

Last edited:
heres the week on my default 20ma 1 hourly setting - this free indicator is available in the links below in sig area

the green line is the usd ...........I advocate traders using this to gauge the direction of the usd for scalping.......when its below the zero sell the usd in pairs and vice versa when usd is rising above zero ...

I have overlaid the blue euro here through the week...............sure its not perfect as the Euro also has its own agenda..............

BUT you can see when the usd is offering up the best conditions to trade this pair up and down .......I have shown arrows on the EU chart when I would have been hunting scalping opportunities on lower TF's ............(my actual methodology is a little more involved than this now but this is a great starting point :smart:)

don't trade a volatile Euro unless the USD is moving against it............as with any other currency

always look for you trading pair to be moving AGAINST each other for maximum profitability

N

Attachments

• usd vs eu trades.PNG
    usd vs eu trades.PNG
    63.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
now look at last few hours on same chart ...........

see how I mark the areas where the bar CLOSED with usd just above the zero ?

now we are signalling that the usd has the potential to rise and therefore lets hunt EU SELLS

around 3170's .................

and see how finally we get some action from selling EU in last 2-3 hours ?

this is pretty basic.....

but do you get the drift ?

theres at least 5 pips in the last scalp there based on when you chose to enter

and this is a pretty tough period verses how well the usd can move :)

later
B

Attachments

• eu scalps.PNG
    eu scalps.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I have followed Forexperien from the start of his threads and tried to adapt his style into mine .................he is so so right about strict timelines for price movement and other things

its really assisting my trading / scalping

N

Morning N

Glad to hear time windows and actually time changes are assisting with scalping

As you know in an hr there are really 6 key times - give or take a minute that are often used for reversals or new scalp directions

Connect them to other scalping clues - such as PA etc and your correlator on small frames and voila - you will get more accuracy.

Take time - study and experience - but then you will end up catching that many pips you will not know what to do with them (y)

Good Trading to you N

Regards

F

heres 2 days back .............again this is strengthmeter trading 101 but you can see where the price line is as usd crosses south and signals EU buy opportunities

then its about how you set the trade up and enter / exits on scalp levels

sure you may have lost a few pips on the first thrusts ........

but then ?

plenty of scalps and also 60 pips possible if you had maximised the run ....yes seriously ...

also read how Forexperian constructs his trades to be able to leave some on the table but also banks pips on successful moves

hope this is all of use as a basic strategy :)

later
N

Attachments

• yesterday.PNG
    yesterday.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Morning N

Glad to hear time windows and actually time changes are assisting with scalping

As you know in an hr there are really 6 key times - give or take a minute that are often used for reversals or new scalp directions

Connect them to other scalping clues - such as PA etc and your correlator on small frames and voila - you will get more accuracy.

Take time - study and experience - but then you will end up catching that many pips you will not know what to do with them (y)

Good Trading to you N

Regards

F

thanks F ..............although our approaches are different in parts you have opened my eyes to some really really crucial things over last weeks

thanks again
N

and as we speak the usd is falling below the zero again ,.....

I hope you are mullering the gu and NU buys

N

eu looks a little overcooked on 3170's ..............with usd still not really 100% confirmed as a sell yet I may take a little sell on this soon.........remember the 1hour bar really has to CLOSE below the Zero.......

(jees don't you hate me ?..............this guy is all over the place)

hhahahah
N

3174 was the previous sell level from me on EU.........I will continue to monitor this as the EU has really reversed aggressively into this position/price quickly.........

yes i accept the USD may plough on south removing this position............but not until the fat lady sings on closing 1 hour bar ........

markets are always moving ..............so be alert to such things

N