Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nvp as you will well know its hard to post here when tradeing-----------that last trade was a very small loser as I had some out @17

i used to post and trade a lot here at Trade2win (alongside a few other forums and my own blog)

but its hard ....unless you are on higher Timeframes

i dont so much now .........much more trading than posting here at trade2win

but i still try to show the dynamics of the market for anyone interested in learning strengthmeter based strategies

N :smart:

hey all

london morning session pretty much over now .....not bad

europeans were the weakest in pack ....some decent sells and resells on euro and GBP mainly through the morning but a little rangy in truth

usd has held the bull position ....surprised me that i thought it might fold at times

yen was the most frustrating...i really was looking for more Bull action than it has provided so far ..........its only got out to +14/15 pips Bull so far with no real push south ...thats very very light for the Yen re volatility and expect to see fireworks in us session

i still do combine more mainstream price action strategies for entries and exits on top of the strengthmeter edge I use to get into the main pairs to trade ......

so heres the 3 main pairs i was hitting today .........and some areas where i was mainly active ........

Trading is not Hard ......its actually Easy once you have strategies ..the hard thing is focus , patience , consistent execution and all the other basics needed on every trade you make .....the market will punish you hard if you screw up these things ....it gives you nothing ....not an inch of luck

N

Attachments

• european bear signals.JPG
    european bear signals.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hey gang

How’s it going ?......been a little ,tied up last week with family stuff ...

Will try to post a weekly commentary on YouTube if I can soon ....hey it’s Easter anyway

N

ESMA have approved the new leverage levels I see ...........what a pain in the butt

such is life ........."nanny state" definitely springs to mind ......but big brother is here to protect us all ?

no ?

Yes ?

N

Hey gang

Sorry about the lack of trading posts at moment ....I’m looking at the ESMA decision at moment and how I manage my capital with brokers more longer term now

The thought of having much much more significant amounts of capital out there to trade the same way as I have done is frankly unacceptable to me

I don’t care how much bloody red tape is put in place ...the only way I know my money is safe is by having it firmly in my own bank account ...and not in a third parties

There are some avenues being offered like the professional trader label ......but it think most brokers will still insist on much higher capital deposits even then

Watch this space.....

N

And don’t believe the bull**** response from the big uk brokers .......they are bloody furious at what has happened ......they will lose the cannon fodder of new traders all brokers need .....

And it will drive new traders offshore

Watch them all set up offshore brokerages to try to still net the new traders ......offering the usual higher leverage levels

Should be interesting

N

i hav'nt really been that focused this week on actually trading fx ....few other things going on

the week so far has seen a relatively strong CAD emerging during the us session on tuesday
and then some consolidation / rebuying yesterday yesterday

usd is flatlining .........swissie euro and yen the main sellers so far, yen is really swinging after some half decent highs on monday evening....

GBP has been mainly bull with some half decent swing trades offered at key times

just using a simple 1hour FXCorrelator on say a 20ma setting gives a decent indication of where the action is for the week so far (see links below to load this)

the fxcorrelator is simple beast depending how you want to use it ........most traders i have worked with use it by simply only ever buying currencies above the zero line and selling those below the zero line combined with in their own trading strategies .......

there are many many more complex strategies that can be adopted with this indicator that i will be publishing at some point this year as promised ...

have a good day

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator week commencing 2nd april 2018.JPG
    fxcorrelator week commencing 2nd april 2018.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 96
if you are scalping the morning london its been tricky so far

usd started bull from 7am BST but has now faded ......some early european selling was possible into the greenback for handfulls of pips

in truth only the Yen is signalling the possibility of decent continued big sells for the emerging london......with only cad and NZD in the buying seat

im a big fan of Cable but its back at neutral for the session so far

EJ looks increasingly promising guys as an emerging buy ......watching for more pips

N

hey all .....

interesting week ..CAD has held alpha Bull position since Tuesday ......its hit nearly 200 pips north since monday opens

Euro, Swissie and Yen the sells through the week.....choppy though

well its friday and NFP's .........plus a few speeches later in day from Mr Carney and the Fed chair ....

ive done ok this week despite limited trading .....

if i was watching anything i'd look for a selloff in the CAD today .............

but as usual I humbly state.........

TRADE WHAT YOU SEE

N

re the CAD plays .........

theres at least another 20 pips of wall for CAD to sell through on my index charts (not shown)

that equates to the Resistance zone here below 2780-2800

if Cad comes up through the zone and the NFP news boosts the dollar it will be a big big bull move on UCAD above the 2800's today

have a good day
N

Attachments

• ucad buys later in day.JPG
    ucad buys later in day.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
yesterdays NFP was relatively low impact on markets .....usd selling off gradually post event

if you recall in my earlier posts i was REALLY trying to sell off CAD ....anticipating Trader weekend Closeouts from earlier gains in the week

cad did selloff a little more us session but really it meant a bit of a bear bunfight with a falling USD as well ........meaning it was not that profitable to trade that pair .....

i did take a few positions range trading as Ucad kept bouncing above 2750 ....but hardly a pip fest and Ucad never got anywhere near he higher prices i was hoping

the real play was GBP Bull ........it had a great US session putting on some 50 pips on its own steam ..............so with most other currencies falling (including USD) there was plenty of pips on offer

the right timing on Cable could have bagged you some 70 pips ...........

have a good weekend
N

Attachments

• post NFP.JPG
    post NFP.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
hey all

ggggreat session now ............GBP has been the bull play from 7am london opens .......but its taken most of the morning to persuade the usd to FINALLY start selling

ive been hitting cable from the support levels shown ...4090's not rocket science although harder to spot the GBP opportunities unless you were using strengthmeters like my FXcorrelator

aside from that the AUD and CAD** are the hard sellers so far .....so there were opps selling those guys earlier into usd as well

have a good session this afternoon

N

** CAD is getting creamed now from last weeks gains !

Attachments

• london opens 9th april.JPG
    london opens 9th april.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 144
hey all

good week in markets

CAD has been THE buy ..its put on around 160 pips this week but looks susceptable to selling in US session ...so be warned

swissie and yen have been the main sellers ........again watch the buys in us session

usd has been mainly bear so i have focused on selling it this week during key times .....Cable has had some nice bull runs .....especially yesterday

ok have a good weekend gang

N

morning Neil
Any tips for Grand National, please dont post selections on Monday (lol)

hi there....

despite my childhood and adolescence in the horseracing/bookmaking business

i'm not that clued in these days ......so sorry no tips !

if the going is half decent then dont stray out of the top 5 rated horses for the winner

N

hey all

good week in markets

CAD has been THE buy ..its put on around 160 pips this week but looks susceptable to selling in US session ...so be warned

swissie and yen have been the main sellers ........again watch the buys in us session

usd has been mainly bear so i have focused on selling it this week during key times .....Cable has had some nice bull runs .....especially yesterday

ok have a good weekend gang

N

ref my calls above .........too easy :) .............from the 20ma Strengthmeter below look how Bull (positive > Zero line )the yellow yen was and look how Bear (negative < Zero line) the brown CAD was ......find the pairs on those guys and hit them .......even selling CAD/YEN although a little funky as a pair for my tastes .........UCAD buys was good enough for me for bear CAD

N

Attachments

• 20 ma 5min fxcorrelator.JPG
    20 ma 5min fxcorrelator.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 111
  • sell cad us session 13th april.JPG
    sell cad us session 13th april.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
morning all

nice selloff on the greenback usd so far london session ........ive been buying cable on dips ....EU ok as well at times .....a little EJ bull action as well

just following the G8 flow as normal ....

GBP is having a GREAT week so far ....some 100 pips up already !!!

N

Attachments

• 17th april.JPG
    17th april.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 121
heres a simple FXCorrelator on a 20ma setting ...15 m charts

look at how much time the RED GBP has spent ABOVE the Zero line ??

that is a huge continued BULL signal to buy GBP in pairs (suggest selling currenccies into GBP that are below zero line)

it can be that simple guys .......

N

Attachments

• 17th april.JPG
    17th april.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 178
rollercoaster week on Sterling ...after a great monday / tuesday of gains.... it swung over 200 pips bear to end friday

if you called cable sells from mid wednesday you are a genius - respect

N

humdinger of a morning ........

usd got bull as london warmed up ......clear buy but stalling at moment

took a while but finally the gbp sold off hard ........

my best pair has been selling cable then ......most other currencies have been a little flat so far ..................swissie has been a strong bull but with usd bull as well i didnt play it ....

ive also shown a simple FXcorrelator on a 20ma 5min TF

i was already looking for cable selling (long story) ...and the 2 clear signals when those lines got above/ below the zero made it easy

Note - i dont normally trade the MA based fxcorrelator (availabvle free in links area below) in my day to day trading as i have other more advanced derivatives i now use ....but the principle is still there on this classic indicator ..... and very useable !!

N:smart:

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 111
  • fxcorrelator 20ma.JPG
    fxcorrelator 20ma.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited: