Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

solid day on the markets .....Sterling has been hammered !!!

GBP has fallen some 200 pips from 7am GMT......you can buy anything against it !

muchos scalpos and some decent Dosh today ....

I scalped more than normal as the GBP just kept on hitting the ATM payout button

no complaints on GU

have good weekends
N

Jees I really had put time aside today to work on my courses and E-book .........but as soon as the market offers some good action I am trading !!! .......perhaps at weekend when markets are closed ....hahahaha

Attachments

• sterling hammered.JPG
    sterling hammered.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 120

Hey gang ...I’m on vacation at the moment .....

I’m a big big fan of the chat with traders podcasts above .....hundreds of them now ....so take a look and cherry pick the ones based on your interest or area of focus

I would also,say that I have learned something from all the ones I have listened to.....no exceptions

Think of them as the next generation of the market wizards books .....

In the example above the guy is very very articulate in how he approaches trading and strikes a chord in elements of my own learning process these last 18 years ......I don’t use options but how he approached learning was very similar to my early days approach to forex and strengthmeter based trading

Anyway have fun
N

im on vacation at the moment .....and also trying to finish an ebook on strengthmeter trading

been more sunbathing than working in truth last 2 weeks ......but hey !!!.......I will get there !!!

everyone asks me how can they keep it simple ?

ok heres simple

fxcorrelator indicator - available free here in the links below in signature area

put it on a 20ma delta 1

then look to buy into the bull currencies (above the zero line) and sell into the bear currencies (below the zero line)

hell ....even just trade those exact pairs (the strongest vs the weakest pairing) ......forget getting picky !!

so heres a daily .........can you see where the Alpha (main strongest weakest currencies) were ?

can you see that brown Cad has been the weakest and yellow Yen the strongest Currencies for nearly the last full 30 days / month ?

is that simple enough :)

trading is pretty easy if you keep it simple .............sure you need to add discipline and focus and consistency ...........but its still a simple concept

i'm back from Vacation middle of month

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• simple fxcorrelator 20ma daily.JPG
    simple fxcorrelator 20ma daily.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 145
hey gang

im back from vacation ......fooling around today getting back up to pace

talk soon
N

Hey everyone how’s it going ?

Sorry for lack of recent content in my forums and YouTube and website etc etc

I’ve been on vacation for 3 weeks then been tied up the last week or so regarding a lot of work admin and other house and family stuff .....boring but needed !

It’s been an interesting period of time ...I took a long long look at what new out there re trading courses and systems and also researched a lot of new ideas in forex as well as other markets

I’ve been lucky enough to talk to a lot of good traders about their own systems and strategies ...whilst sharing some of my strengthmeter work with them......and also,I took the opportunity to reread a lot of the classic trading books and also listen to a lot of podcasts called chat with traders...already mentioned in earlier posts here .....

I should have been completing my promised e book on strengthmeters ......plus the supporting video,training

It will get done .....this year ......but all in good time ...

Trading always comes first for me ....like yourselves I just live and breathe it ....some people cut lawns and hit golf balls ....some collect stamps ......we trade !

Have a good weekend and I will try to get some content on my sites next week

Neil
NVP

a little scalping this morning ...........

usd mainly been bear plays from 7am but heavy buying now last hour or so
Cad strangely the main alpha hitter on bull side ..wheres the european calvary when you need them ?
I played mainly ucad sells early phase ..and with europeans languising bear I hit EJ sells more recently ..........some action on buying usd into europe but as stated i was nervous off the initial usd selling

use my basic FXcorrelator indicator (in links below) to get on the alpha bear and bull currencies ...make life simpler for yourself in forex :)

have a good one :smart:
N

Attachments

• ucad selling.JPG
    ucad selling.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 116
euro still having a stinker of a london session ...........50 pips down from 7am now ......plenty of pips out there ............mainly hitting yen and usd as buys ............

jees even the swissie is flashing bull to sell against the euro !!

N

great start to week ..........

london opens yielding a grinding bull GBP ......up some 50 pips from 7am so far

sell everything else into it ....easy meat so far

N

morning all

nice steady london scalping session ........

yen and usd are the lead bulls so far from 8am BST (7am GMT) ....

GBP and Euro were generally the sell options for me .....a little cad as well ........gbp finally got dumped earlier around 9am BST onwards ......see the 1min below where i attached GU all down the pipe so far

all of these signals are showing clearly on strengthmeter based indicators like my FXCorrlelator.....its not unique these days (loads of people got on the bandwagon eventually) but it was one of the first strengthmeters offered to the retail public for free by me back in the early 2000's (verses people charging thousands of dollars for scam forex correlation courses) and is still as robust and relevant today as then !

enjoy it for free in the links below .....

N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 94
lol just my donald duck -------you post here and get the first losing trade of the morning -------it must be the curse of the vacation/dude x bookie chap (only kidding sir)

morning all

slowish start today ...........gbp now getting hammered so im on the gbp bear train at moment

usd is strong so far early london as well

excellent scalping on cable

N

lol just my donald duck -------you post here and get the first losing trade of the morning -------it must be the curse of the vacation/dude x bookie chap (only kidding sir)

hey there BP

looking back at my charts yesterday at that time .....whilst gbp had retraced quite a bit form early selling ...i would not have been keen to buy it into usd as USD was still a major bull player

i can see a major R level at 4182 as well ??

sorry - no cigar there dude .....if i had been looking for a reversal play on GU back into buying it would been from the early 4140's ...but i was happy selling it

N

Have you heard from F and his boys recently?

Hi Its possible

i keep in touch with Peter (forexperian) and also major magnum if people remember these guys ....

if you dont remember them ..... go back and look at forexperians excellent threads from 1-2 years back ....to all beginners i urge you to look at his approach and methods ....worth a peek

Forexperian is still kicking butt on a few private forums and doing well ......major Magnum is not so public these days but went on to further customise Forexperians approach to suit his own personality and frankly his performance the last time i checked with him is still off the charts ...(even better than when he used to share his performance regularly here at Trade2win ..the guy is phenomenal at what he does .....

great traders and regardless of people opinions here a loss to Trade2win community.......but then sh*t happens :rolleyes::cool:

N

BACKGROUND

F ruffled a lot of feathers here at T2win as his claims of success rates were off he charts for most average traders expectations and abilities ...so no one believed him

he was also extremely confident (nee arrogant) in his claims and again attracted a lot of flack from some t2win members - especially a few that were very very upset and it sadly started a bit of a trolling war here for a year or so ...

mainly handbags at dawn ...but a lot of us got barred and banned regularly during that time (im not saying it was right or wrong gang ...just saying what happened)

after 40 years in trading environments i'm used to such"confident" behaviour and banter from traders ...........this is not a business for quiet wallflowers

so F and I became firm friends and i learnt a lot from him ..........I cant trade like him ...........in truth a lot of what he does is based on years and years of experience so to him its easy to see what he sees ...but to the rest of us much of what he was showing was to fast and impractical for us to apply

but he was and still is very very good at trading .......

N

morning all

slowish start today ...........gbp now getting hammered so im on the gbp bear train at moment

usd is strong so far early london as well

excellent scalping on cable

N

still working gu cable down from 4080's ......its getting twitchy though

may have to come back in at 4050 levels but 4060's would be more comfortable for me to resell

N

Attachments

• cable resells.JPG
    cable resells.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 85
morning - EU looking oversold so waiting for trigger to buy--------- hope you have a good day

euro is selling from london opens like GBP has ....so Europe taking flak so far

good selling down from 2320's so far

i would need a lot of convincing to take eu north at moment ....perhaps above the 2315s but not at moment ...

good hunting:smart:
N