Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

a lot of pairs are turning over re the usd buys now .....GBP the last in the pack to turn .....so waiting to buy GU soon

NU turned over fastest so buying opps around 7311.......only 7315 now anyway

not my alpha pair though .i like EU and GU on london morning sessions ..perhaps EJ as well if its rocking (like today)

this retrace is very unconvincing .......im out of NU already .....

i'll start to dripfeed buy contracts into GU from the early 3930's..still unconvinced of a retrace as yet ......may be more selling to come

if the 3922/23 holds i will start taking buy contracts next few mins .....8.30 bar coming

3930 now breached so will start to drip feed some buy contracts in ...very tight stops though

GU is bull 3937 and warming up now ... :)

great morning on GU and EJ for me

have a good day
N

gu spiked high 50's so far ...be tight or be out ready to re-enter if offered again

all sell now again .....but hopefully you all know that :)

heres a beginners guide to trading from way back ....

question NVP -------- were you looking for short/s GU around 7.25 am this morning ???

hey there

i was hunting potential shorts from 7am on GU ..but it didnt really trigger until around 7.20 when i was eyeballing the 3980 price area .......

until then i was scrabbling buy trades but VERY mindful that the Bears were hovering

N

its like when i called the buys on GU from 3930 ..i was just scrambling pips on fast scalps waiting for the price to turnover south again ...which it has

hard to explain .......but a trader has to have 2 scenarios in his mind all the time ...........

when are you ready to buy ? (when you are still selling)
When are you happy to sell ?(when you are still buying)

so 2 opposing views constantly battling for attention !

its called the Trading Paradox

heres what i mean .........the zones are based on whatever system the trader has devised.....mainly O/B and O/S areas ......my own are much more strengthmeter based

so mainly one is happy to continue in such a zone on the prevailing direction but ready for the inevitable reversal

if you get plenty of volatility in the market especially on say the GU .....you will make money .....its just about having a decent edge and practice

hard ?...... Yes !

Frustrating ?......... incredibly !

welcome to trading

N

Attachments

• 2 hats at same time.JPG
    2 hats at same time.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited: