Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nearly 70 pips north now for usd index from 6am this morning ....storming !!!

swissie is similar ..great day for them so far

yen and cad have been the best sells more recently ......GBP cant get south much

have a good day
N

gbp is all sell today ...........ive been chasing since early doors .....that 9.30 move was a peach

150 pips down on cable from early london but i havnt had all of those.....

on a standard FXcorrelator 20ma 5min TF the GBP was the alpha sell from the X's shown ....why be selling on anything else ?

easy if you have the right dashboards to watch

N

Attachments

• 27th april.JPG
    27th april.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 132
heres my free FXCorrelator indicator as requested again by a few of you recently ...ive also updated the PDF instructions ....

I developed this simple moving average based forex strengthmeter back in the early 2000's and have not changed one bit of it since.

Its my humble interpretation of some great open software work that was being generated by a few legendary MT4 programming pioneers at that time ...

Remember - back in the early 2000's the Trading and IT worlds were not like these modern times.....we were only just getting into using home based trading platforms and retail trading on small laptops and PC's !

Sure I have developed hundreds of variations and derivatives in the last 18 years - working with some great traders and programmers, but this is the daddy of them all ....and*still packs a punch !

the MT4 metatrader platform model is freely offered below and i hope it helps you on your trading journey ....its been downloaded several thousand times now across many big forums .....and I am humbled by the many kind traders who have sent me messages of thanks and support for its abilities over the years

Neil NVP:smart:

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Free FXcorrelator indicator updated April 2018 pdf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Hey gang

Jees had a gastric bug last few days ......it floored me a little

Back in action soon....

N

good morning on the markets..........the G8 changed dynamics just as london woke up

depending on how quick you realised that GBP was selling hard was the key .........and the second phase of selling cable 30 pips was easier than the first phase of 20 pips ........see chart below

i was on it from around 7.10-7.15 (phase 1) from other strengthmeter charts not shown .....cable is always my first port of call when i'm trading gbp .........easiest one and best spreads

GBP has continued as the weakest and usd has been the strongest currency all morning so far (luckily for me)...so cable is easily THE best play of all 28 pair combinations for London session so far

i rarely trade THE #1 currency pair trade for a session ..thats hard .....but i always aim to be in the top 3 pairs .....................thats all i need to make consistent money ...

now do you see why most traders lose ? ..........how are you doing by consistently choosing the top 10-15% of possible trades in the G8 at all times ? .....the Hell.....without strengthmeters.... traders dont even know if they are in the Zone or not !! :)

so remember ...each time you take a pair trade on the major 8 currencies you have JUST a 28/1 chance of picking the best one .......thats low low odds unless you are a good trader using the right tools

thats why using strengthmeter dynamics is sooo important ....to me anyway :)

N

what do i mean by 28 pairs ?...see the next post

Attachments

• cable sells.JPG
    cable sells.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
the G8 comprises of 8 Currencies .......

USD, EURO , GBP , YEN , CHF , CAD , NZD , AUD

we all know that the high volume of money/trades taken with the USD and or the Euro in them as a currency pairing is far in excess of the volumes re the rest of the currency pair combinations on a daily basis .........but thats not the point .....all of these currencies trade against each other 24/7 .....5 days a week

the USD pairs (crosses or majors) comprise therefore of 7 charts

GBPUSD , EURUSD, USDCHF , AUDUSD , NZDUSD, USDCAD , USD JPY = 7

now just keep moving to the next currency in the list and add in the possible pairs/combos left (always removing duplicated pairs already chosen in list)

you will get to 28 ......trust me :)

now all you have to do is ensure you are always trading the top 10-15% trade signals of the 28 paircharts available ............thats why i use strengthmeters to help simplify the selection process :)

Attachments

• g8 pair combos.JPG
    g8 pair combos.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
jees cable unloaded there ...fast fast scalp ...taken to 3719 so tightening stops

got to 3720 again so slow progress ........ZZZZZZZ....gbp is now fading to bull.........much better currencies selling into usd at moment

good US early session for cad so far .....cad index has put around 40 pips on the board so far

usd is flattish but still my main pair for cad action ...

ucad was already a serious bear lean so pretty easy choice for me to keep it rolling so far

the best dow open pair is selling GBPCAD....but i wouldnt trade that on lower TF's as to expensive on spreads

N

Attachments

• ucad selling.JPG
    ucad selling.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 114
cable has retraced a long long way ......3772 area is interesting to start reselling it

watching my charts and strengthmeters

eu looking bull hot at 1.2100 ...usd still under pressure so nooo cable selling as yet

3770 and cable bull again challenged .....looking for sells on this pair i must admit

missed a signal at 3769.....its at 3762 now ...i may still get in ......