Corn Approaching A Major Low?

fastnet

305 1
Moneycat - yr point well noted -you may well be proved right. I've bought March contracts to give the trade some breathing space. I agree there is crushing downside momentum but feel that any move up might bring out the bulls who will fill their boots at these prices. I want to be in at the start . . . . . logic that has trapped countless numbers in the past I know . . . what I can say is that I won't be shaken out lightly ( I hope their listening) and am in for the longer term move.

Moneycat

75 0
fastnet said:
Moneycat - yr point well noted -you may well be proved right. I've bought March contracts to give the trade some breathing space. I agree there is crushing downside momentum but feel that any move up might bring out the bulls who will fill their boots at these prices. I want to be in at the start . . . . . logic that has trapped countless numbers in the past I know . . . what I can say is that I won't be shaken out lightly ( I hope their listening) and am in for the longer term move.

Then, why not buying out of the money calls? That would give you more staying power.

Moneycat

75 0
Moneycat said:
Then, why not buying out of the money calls? That would give you more staying power.

March 240 Calls settled at 3 1/4.

Should make a decent risk reward ratio for a bull, isn't it?

real1

47 2
corn 50 years chart

corn.jpg

Corn Futures (C) , (YC)

bgold

Established member
532 5
Shame this thread wasn't continued. Since last posting Corn moved from $2.40 to $4.10. Some people foresee cormn prices later this year of $7.00 Suspect they are farmers ;-)

Long a little CN7 at 382, tgt: ?, stop 414 and a bit more CN7/CZ7 at 22.0, tgt 50+, stop 25 (posting a bit late, sorry)

elmagd2000

3 0
Interested to see some life here !!
March corn saw a good support at 400 level, expecting a move upward to 425 area. Concerns about Bush's speech tom.

TWI

2,536 254
Bush will blab on about Ethanol quoting rediculous fiigure. This could be good for corn and bean oil but I think further down curve has better hope in long run than further down curve. An inverse in N7/U7 and N7/Z7 at 22c inverse is not right.

Regulator2005

20 0
Corn

If corn hitJ jan 10th low then more decline, although im thinking we might see a price rise monday 2nd as corn has flashed oversold on only a single indicator - ill wait and check Monday
Regs

TWI

2,536 254
Better bull story in beans regarding the planting switch.

TWI

2,536 254
If buying corn I suggest going further down the curve than N7 better value in Z7 or even better Z8. Better demand down the line.

yiros

8 0
Hello,
With regard calculating options prices, I was just wondering what the cost per option/s CALL contract/s would be, given commodity is Corn with expiry dates in December 2007, & July 2008, at 3.64 - 3.58 1/2 , for example.

Seems to be one of those "..call your broker.." or open an account with us and we`ll tell you type of scenarios.

All the best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock