Congestion Phase System

tomorton

Legendary member
8,128 1,210
Hi emilybarker - What a coincidence. I found the Fred Gehm 1991 article on this system a few weeks ago and was re-reading it yesterday over lunch. I swing trade, mostly the FTSE100 index, and am interested in applying this using EOD closing prices on the index.

But I don't find the definition of congestion phase particularly helpful and wonder if you have identified more objective criteria for this - the phase seems to be confirmed when a high is not broken by a subsequent high OR a low is not broken by a subsequent low. Why OR? surely if a high is unbroken but a low is broken, that's a downtrend, not congestion? Shouldn't this should read AND? In any case, what's a high?

tomorton

Legendary member
8,128 1,210
Thanks for the messages, my thinking is becoming clearer on this now. This is not the style of trading I usually use but I will post here if I try this system in practice and look forward to hearing if you do so too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock