complete newbie

heyouth

hy guys hope you are all good!

I am as new to trading as can be but hopefully i have made the best start by joining this forum. I am really interested in learning how to start trading ad have read through the first step stickys and found them extremely useful and a little overwhelming lol.

So my question is really, where do i start in relation to getting started!?! I have opened a demo account with Intertrader MT4 trading forex, started with 10k last night and lost a grand, reason for this, i did not have the slightest clue why i was buying or selling what i was so i suppose im asking what do you base your trades on?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Here is something to get you started:

Notice the price action at the thick white line where the red circles are?

What happened to the price at this line?

What do you think caused that to happen?

Attachments

• EUR.jpg
    EUR.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 227

is this the stop gap? where when the price hits this line it will automatically sell!?!

am i that far off lol
Well, yes and yes.

You joined 3 days ago. You simply can't have read all the stuff that a rank newbie needs to read.

If you're for real and not a troll or one of NT's many nicks, do yourself a favour and just stay tuned and stay current. It takes years, not days.

Well, yes and yes.

You joined 3 days ago. You simply can't have read all the stuff that a rank newbie needs to read.

If you're for real and not a troll or one of NT's many nicks, do yourself a favour and just stay tuned and stay current. It takes years, not days.

ok well im not sure what you mean by troll or nts many nicks but im guessing they are nothing positive so all i can really take from your post is i should re-read the first steps!!

any chance of shedding some light on that question?

What do I think happened? Nothing. Nothing 'caused' it to happen.

I think someone posted a chart and drew a line after the event and said “This event was foretold”. That’s what I think they want you to think.

Why didn’t hey draw a line where it peaked between the two red circles?

And what about the peak early November 2009? Why no line there?

And why didn’t the price screech to a halt at the line they did draw towards the end of April 2010?

It’s great looking at price action in retrospect. We’re all fuggin King Kong of the Market Muhammad I’m ‘ard Brue Lee Ali.

Imagine now you’re at the right hand edge of the chart, in real-time and you have to make a call…

What is your call?

Hint: It’s not likely to go lower….

If that's the case then it went way over my head lol!!

My call is it's going to go up!!

I dnt know if ur name is cukoo clock but I think ur a bit cukoo fs

get off ur high horse mate read the title of this thread!?!

Tony was trying to help, unfortunately for you his help is probably a bit too much for you at the moment, but you will understand him at some point.

Get some books on basic TA, patterns etc. Demo.

That's the best i can do for ya mate.

Tony was trying to help, unfortunately for you his help is probably a bit too much for you at the moment, but you will understand him at some point.

Get some books on basic TA, patterns etc. Demo.

That's the best i can do for ya mate.

funny way of showing it, felt like he was more interested in trying to highlight my admitted lack of knowledge but hey all forums are filled with these guys that started at the top.

ok yeah ill do that mate thanks, i have recently bought the 10 essentials of forex trading so i am goin to work my way through that.

thanks again

funny way of showing it, felt like he was more interested in trying to highlight my admitted lack of knowledge but hey all forums are filled with these guys that started at the top.

ok yeah ill do that mate thanks, i have recently bought the 10 essentials of forex trading so i am goin to work my way through that.

thanks again

No probs. Enjoy.

Lehman Brother's bankruptcy, Baby?