College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally spend hours trawling through the forexpeacearmy.com broker reviews. I look for a broker with at least 20+ reviews and a star rating greater than 4. You always get a few one off negative reviews from disgruntled punters who have lost a lot of money but after reading a few pages of reviews you get a general picture on the quality of the broker. I have just opened up an account with SmartTradeFx http://www.smarttradefx.com after reading almost every review on Forexpeacearmy.com. I now have accounts with SmartLiveMarkets, HotForex and SmartTrade. However, in this day and age I would never trust any one broker with tens of thousands of my cash. I think the key here is to diversify your broker risk.

Last edited:
Ok, well some changes to my $2M goal account.
Intelfx is pretty much a wash unless I ever hear from them and can withdraw what is in there.
Over the weekend I opened a fresh account with $600 +15% bonus.

The deposit didn't have time to reach the account before a trade happened last night but now it's ready.

You can view my portfolio of three public accounts here.

For me, I got +2 pips last night on the group account so that is what I will declare for today. :clap:

You will note that I have changed monitor services to Myfxbook. They give so much more detail with the account so I like it.

Intelfx is pretty much a wash unless I ever hear from them and can withdraw what is in there.

The deposit didn't have time to reach the account before a trade happened last night but now it's ready.

For me, I got +2 pips last night on the group account so that is what I will declare for today. :clap:

You will note that I have changed monitor services to Myfxbook. They give so much more detail with the account so I like it.

Yes 2 pips for me(y)

What broker have you opened the new account with?

Yes, officially, +25 pips.

However, I had a bit of issues with power last night. That tropical storm swept through the eastern states yesterday and last night. We lost power at 9:30 p.m. Guess when the power came back on? 1:35 a.m.
I fired up my computer and it did place some trades (late).
I was a little worried about it. I woke up to see a big spike but then it came back down. I should have left it alone but because of the late time it got in. I decided to close the group fund account with 3 pips. I probably should have just let it go like I normally do but because of my power being out, I was a little worried that it didn't get in correctly.
Live to trade another day, anyway. :)

Also, I found out that the $2M account hasn't been activated yet so there was no trade there.

Just a messed up nite and ready to start fresh tomorrow. :)

Travis - Just a thought, what are your plans for trading in December? Are you going to stop trading for the month?

Travis - Just a thought, what are your plans for trading in December? Are you going to stop trading for the month?

Had I discovered this system last year and traded it, I would have got 45% for December and 44% for January. I haven't actually traded live through those months so I may back off the risk at least the last half of December. With my $2M goal account, I'm definitely going full blast through Dec. as I have nothing to lose with just $100.

No trade for me as well. :(

All in a month's work. :)

Do you trade this system on FXDD? I presently trade this system on ThinkForex and do like this broker..I was thinking of trading on fxdd with a lower risk..Your thoughts would be appreciated..:)

Do you trade this system on FXDD? I presently trade this system on ThinkForex and do like this broker..I was thinking of trading on fxdd with a lower risk..Your thoughts would be appreciated..:)

Yes I do use FXDD as well. The max I am risking is 14% but probably should go down to 10%. That should get me a nice 8-12% gain a month. Because the leverage is only 1:50, I'm not quit sure how much one can risk before hitting the margin call but I know it's not very much. Crazy regulations! :rolleyes:

Starting funds on Monday 13th June £391

ACCOUNT BALANCE JUNE 2011
13th £391 = $642
17th £428 = $688
24th £443 = $707

ACCOUNT BALANCE JULY 2011
1st £458 = $733
8th £487 = $777
16th £492 = $793 Trade still open over the weekend
22nd £510 = $825
29th £498 = $811 Closed manually to avoid open trade over weekend

ACCOUNT BALANCE AUGUST 2011
5th £514 = $839
12th £514 = $839
19th £543 = $896
27th £610 = $991

ACCOUNT BALANCE SEPTEMBER 2011
2nd £629 = $1,019
9th £653 = $1,046 Out of county, only traded 2 days

Ok, I had one more trade today of +1 pip. :clap:

This week as you know, the $2M account got off to a late start because of the getting the new account activated and transferring funds so I'll just say it got +.49% for the month.

The group account did a little better with +4.7% for the week and +6% for the month.

Have a great weekend! ;)

It was interesting to read this morning that Marc (original author of FMT) has stopped trading his Turbo morningTrade system!

"As of September, I’m stopping trading a Turbo Morning Trade system.
The results proved that the Turbo system doesn’t bring any enhancement to the standard system, so I’m stopping it and moving the money from that account to standard FMT system."