College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another +25 pips today for account 2. :clap:

The months started slow but, not such a bad ending. I'll get the totals out Friday.

Yes, also some no trades, but overall positive!!:D We though have one day left to trade in the month!!

Last edited:
Yes, also some no trades, but overall positive!!:D We though have one day left to trade in the month!!

For me I had a full week of no trades. It doesn't happen very often but it will occasionally. It's over the 37% gain mark so isn't the lowest month I have had. (y)

The EA has built in indicators and filters that when the "stars" line up and the indicators are doing their thing, a trade will happen. It works like most other EA's. I'm not sure what more the guy wants? .

Good morning tkbieber, please excuse my lack of knowledge about EAs, but can you answer the following questions.
-Are you saying that you do not know what indicators and filters the EA is using for its entry signals?
-How did you add your special sauce to juice it up if you don't know what its inbuilt indicators are?
-What time is the entry trade updated on your MetaTrader4 page? After the trade has closed ? or is there simply a delay on posting the entry? I was watching at 7.15 GMT, as shown on the MetaTrader4 page, today but saw no new entry.

-How did you add your special sauce to juice it up if you don't know what its inbuilt indicators are?

Sorry I am not Tkbieber but I can answer to this question too.

Most EAs have built-in parameters you can adjust to fine tune the performance.
Tkbieber has some custom settings for the EA thats his secret sauce. ;)

Last edited:
Good morning tkbieber, please excuse my lack of knowledge about EAs, but can you answer the following questions.
-Are you saying that you do not know what indicators and filters the EA is using for its entry signals?
-What time is the entry trade updated on your MetaTrader4 page? After the trade has closed ? or is there simply a delay on posting the entry? I was watching at 7.15 GMT, as shown on the MetaTrader4 page, today but saw no new entry.

Yes, I've changed up the settings and entry times. Far from what the manual says. 7:15 is server time for mt4stats site and 1:15 easthern, so that would be what, 5:15 gmt?

What type of Hotforex accounts are you using on Accounts one and two (the two accounts published to MT4 stats web site)? Standard or mini?

Humm, well the direction of trade for the last 2 days?
Incorrect, trade is triggered when indicators say to trigger a trade.

Leverage of 1:200?
I use from 1:50 - 1:500 Hotforex standard accounts are 1:300 and mini is 1:500.

As with any system. If you expect a certain percentage of accuracy, say 70% accuracy, no need to worry and "pray". In fact, if you are comfortable about your trading style, you can relax and go on vacation. Once you become comfortable with your system, trading becomes fun and non-stressful.

I have multiple accounts where risk ranges from 5%-60% risk per trade.

What type of Hotforex accounts are you using on Accounts one and two (the two accounts published to MT4 stats web site)? Standard or mini?

Account 1 is HotFX Standard
Account 2 is mini with IntelFX

When account 2 grows, I'll need to switch it to standard.

To Traderman1,
The indicators and filters that the EA is using for the entry signal is almost irrelevant. The trade entry can be the same as a coin toss in this EA. This system is based around showing small wins versus a very large (but infrequent) account busting loss. The loss in this case is equal to 10 times the win.

Marketers of this type of system (and there are many of them on the Zulutrade and MT4 forums ), try to sell as many of the EA as quickly as possible before the EA has its inevitable loss or losses which destroy the account.

tkbieber is risking UPWARDS of 60% of account balance on each trade. to maximize the sexiness of the returns so that he can sell more EAs. When it collapses and busts his account, he will return here under another alias and with a minor modification to the EA and sell it all over again.

I think I understand it. You open a trade in the direction of the last 2 days.
You place a 250 pip stop loss on it. (And you pray that it does not take out the stop loss ;) )
When it finally goes into profit of around 10 pips, the stop loss is moved to 1 pips above your entry price.
Your TP price is 25 pips on all trades.
You use leverage of 1:200
You risk UPWARDS of 60% of account balance on each trade.

Did I miss anything or am I mistaken on any point?

You should see an average of eight 25-pip wins a month and a few more 1-2 pip trades.

Yes, this system isn't about quantity but quality. ;)

The stop losses are 250 pips. Only two losses in a row and this account is toast.

To Traderman1,
The indicators and filters that the EA is using for the entry signal is almost irrelevant. The trade entry can be the same as a coin toss in this EA. This system is based around showing small wins versus a very large (but infrequent) account busting loss. The loss in this case is equal to 10 times the win.

Marketers of this type of system (and there are many of them on the Zulutrade and MT4 forums ), try to sell as many of the EA as quickly as possible before the EA has its inevitable loss or losses which destroy the account.

tkbieber is risking UPWARDS of 60% of account balance on each trade. to maximize the sexiness of the returns so that he can sell more EAs. When it collapses and busts his account, he will return here under another alias and with a minor modification to the EA and sell it all over again.

Oh my here we go. :LOL:
Ok, while you may think the indicators are irreverent, a "coin toss" would get it wrong about 50% of the time. These indicators have got it correct for 13 months now and counting. (of course the future is not decided by history)

Let me clarify perhaps a misconception from you. I am not a "marketer". That's ridiculous. I would never need to market my system as I make plenty of $ from my own trading using this system. All I do is help my family, and friends and now their friends. Word of mouth has a way of spreading the news without my help of "marketing".

I think you have me confused with the crazy Plimus or Clickbank promoters who have some hyped up web site and then try to sell you more stuff after you pay the $99 for a junk robot. Oh, and when you try to leave their site, it takes 7 times of clicking on the "get me our of here" button before it lets you leave the site. Trust me, I can't tell you how many of these crazy robots or systems I bought before I came to my senses. But no, I am not one of "those" either. ;)

I suppose anything is possible when it comes to having two bad trades in a row so I can't and won't address that. What I will say is let's not loose perspective,,, If I began with $100 July of 2010 averaging 50% gain a month, the account would already be $12,874. If I had two losers in a row beginning tomorrow, I'd still have $2059. If you call that blowing ones account, well then I guess a gain of +1959% a year is just so little, I might as well call it a blown account and quit trading forever. :LOL:

Ok, so I didn't start with $100 bucks a year ago but I did start back in May with $100. I started this thread with a PERSONAL challenge to MYSELF to see if I could trade $100 for 2 years with an ending balance of $2,000,000. So far I am on track with a balance of $691.10. If I lose two trades in a row starting tomorrow, I'd still be $110.57 and up by 10%. Please help me understand how this is blowing my account?? :rolleyes: Most large investment-minded people would love having a 10% gain every quarter.

Perspective perspective perspective, my friend. ;)

Most large investment-minded people would love having a 10% gain every quarter.

You are clearly not a large investment-minded person for playing with the tiny amount of money. Which is just as well since the risk is too great for any larger amount. If you keep making 1 pip while risking 60% of the account, you will soon find your having no investment at all.

Do you really only risk 60% of the account ? For some reason I thought you always risk 100% and add on more 'family-and-freind' money as the margin call approaches ?

Oh my here we go. :LOL:
Ok, while you may think the indicators are irreverent, a "coin toss" would get it wrong about 50% of the time. These indicators have got it correct for 13 months now and counting. (of course the future is not decided by history)

Let me clarify perhaps a misconception from you. I am not a "marketer". That's ridiculous. I would never need to market my system as I make plenty of $ from my own trading using this system. All I do is help my family, and friends and now their friends. Word of mouth has a way of spreading the news without my help of "marketing".

I think you have me confused with the crazy Plimus or Clickbank promoters who have some hyped up web site and then try to sell you more stuff after you pay the $99 for a junk robot. Oh, and when you try to leave their site, it takes 7 times of clicking on the "get me our of here" button before it lets you leave the site. Trust me, I can't tell you how many of these crazy robots or systems I bought before I came to my senses. But no, I am not one of "those" either. ;)

I suppose anything is possible when it comes to having two bad trades in a row so I can't and won't address that. What I will say is let's not loose perspective,,, If I began with $100 July of 2010 averaging 50% gain a month, the account would already be $12,874. If I had two losers in a row beginning tomorrow, I'd still have $2059. If you call that blowing ones account, well then I guess a gain of +1959% a year is just so little, I might as well call it a blown account and quit trading forever. :LOL:

Ok, so I didn't start with $100 bucks a year ago but I did start back in May with $100. I started this thread with a PERSONAL challenge to MYSELF to see if I could trade $100 for 2 years with an ending balance of $2,000,000. So far I am on track with a balance of $691.10. If I lose two trades in a row starting tomorrow, I'd still be $110.57 and up by 10%. Please help me understand how this is blowing my account?? :rolleyes: Most large investment-minded people would love having a 10% gain every quarter.

Perspective perspective perspective, my friend. ;)
1 pip today:D
I understand all the concerns about this form of trading..|The proof will be in the pudding in about two years time..I personally will have only invested $ 212.56 from the beginning of this challange..If in time if proves to be false, my 212.56 will have been lost...BUT...what if time it does prove to be sucessful as we hope it will be, then what? All the nay sayers will say it was luck or some other hogwash..Look, my view on trading is the same as in life, sometimes you have to take calculated chances, because if you don't, you know what happens?...NOTHING!!!!

You are clearly not a large investment-minded person for playing with the tiny amount of money. Which is just as well since the risk is too great for any larger amount. If you keep making 1 pip while risking 60% of the account, you will soon find your having no investment at all.

Do you really only risk 60% of the account ? For some reason I thought you always risk 100% and add on more 'family-and-freind' money as the margin call approaches ?

I'm not sure how you got that idea but sorry, you were mistaken. ;)

I never get margin-called even if it does go neg 60%. It's all about how you leverage.