College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Starting funds on Monday 13th June £391

ACCOUNT BALANCE JUNE 2011
13th £391 = $642
17th £428 = $688
24th £443 = $707

ACCOUNT BALANCE JULY 2011
1st £458 = $733
8th £487 = $777

Another good trade this morning. :clap:

Account 1: +1 pip

Account 2: +1 pip

The grand total this week.

+77 pips
+23.4%

On a side note, I won't be giving percent details on account 1 because of the frequent balance change due to clients funds transferring to and from the account. Both accounts get about the same in pips per week therefore the stats I post will be from account 2.

I am off to a great start this month. Last July rendered over 100% gain so we will see if this July does something similar.

Another good trade this morning. :clap:

The grand total this week.

+77 pips
+23.4%

On a side note, I won't be giving percent details on account 1 because of the frequent balance change due to clients funds transferring to and from the account. Both accounts get about the same in pips per week therefore the stats I post will be from account 2.

I am off to a great start this month. Last July rendered over 100% gain so we will see if this July does something similar.

You're just trading the Forex Morning Trade idea right?

I must admit I'm having a lot of fun with this. I have a couple of accounts with MINIMAL risk capital. I make the odd trade of my own on one accoount for just 7-10 pips, occasionally, using the standard parameters. So far I've made 103.3% on a projected month. I've only had the account for 15 days.

This is pure fun with a high probability of making some money quickly. I'll leave one account to see just how it performs in the LONG term. However, with the other account I shall build it up and take income, as and when there is some to take. Potentially, over time, that could be considerable, in terms of household/holiday money.

On a slightly more serious side, I am developing a caveat around the news. For example, last Friday's NFP could easily have sent the dollar crashing to the point where the trade may have been at risk. The jury is out as to whether or not to trade MAJOR news days... Not that one can ever be sure what the market's view on any news release will be.

...and finally, once again, for me at least, this is just a bit of fun. I think it's a clever strategy that's fun to watch and hey ho, MINISCULE capital risked for a potentially huge reward, whatever you decide to take, and whenever and however you decide to take it.

I just don't see a downside with real-world expectations from the beginning.

Last edited:
Another trade today but small. :clap:

I was a little apprehensive because where the market was last night, 1.5863 was basically the low since the end of January, 2011 and wasn't sure if the market would break that support line or bounce up. Anyway, I'm just glad to get one pip out of it.

No trades the last couple of days. Maybe I'll get one more before the week is over. :)

Oh, I get to have a draw-down today. That's always a blast. :rolleyes:

I've got a buy going on with a current DD of -40 pips.

If I'm lucky, it will end before market close.

If you can generate $2,000,000 with this system why not just lease it to hedge funds or whoever and chill on the resultant proceeds (e.g. 10% of profits generated by it+tasty up front fee)? If it is good enough to generate the kind of returns you speak of, or anything close to them, then surely people will pay very good money to get that edge?

If you can get steady, consistent and non-luck dependent returns of 50% a year even, then why not try to get access to serious capital (i.e. join a hedge fund or bank)? If they really think you can get 50% a year I'm sure they'll give you all the money you want and a fat cut of the resultant profits. Is it just that market dynamics change when you get above a certain level, i.e. those small trades, small openings and so on are no longer feasible?

Anyway, whatever happens, good luck.:)

Starting funds on Monday 13th June £391

ACCOUNT BALANCE JUNE 2011
13th £391 = $642
17th £428 = $688
24th £443 = $707

ACCOUNT BALANCE JULY 2011
1st £458 = $733
8th £487 = $777
16th $492 = $793 one trade is still open over the weekend

If you can generate $2,000,000 with this system why not just lease it to hedge funds or whoever and chill on the resultant proceeds (e.g. 10% of profits generated by it+tasty up front fee)? If it is good enough to generate the kind of returns you speak of, or anything close to them, then surely people will pay very good money to get that edge?

If you can get steady, consistent and non-luck dependent returns of 50% a year even, then why not try to get access to serious capital (i.e. join a hedge fund or bank)? If they really think you can get 50% a year I'm sure they'll give you all the money you want and a fat cut of the resultant profits. Is it just that market dynamics change when you get above a certain level, i.e. those small trades, small openings and so on are no longer feasible?

Anyway, whatever happens, good luck.:)

You know, I never thought about that and not sure where I would begin. If you or anyone else could steer me to some information about that, that would be great. I'm googling now. ;)

50% a year?, huh, 10% a month is so doable and crazy easy. Compounded, that would triple anyone's account in a year.

Thanks for the advise. Something to think about. ;)

You know, I never thought about that and not sure where I would begin. If you or anyone else could steer me to some information about that, that would be great. I'm googling now. ;)

Unfortunately I can't give you many hints in terms of getting into hedge funds etc I am going to be trying myself in a few years, hopefully.

I suppose the only thing you can do, if you have no formal background in economics/investing, is send a copy of your trade history to them, along with the details of people who can verify that it is real. If you really can do 10% a month consistently i.e. irrespective of market direction, and without extreme leverage, then I can't see why they would turn you away. In the end they care about the bottom line and not much else.

tkbieber said:
50% a year?, huh, 10% a month is so doable and crazy easy. Compounded, that would triple anyone's account in a year.

Returns get progressively more difficult to generate as you start handling large sums of money though, Warren Buffett openly stated that he could guarantee to do 50% a year with $1 million. The opportunities that exist for someone with a relatively small amount of capital to allocate are much greater than those which exist for those with large sums of money to allocate.

10% a month consistently is insanely good, if you can do it with large sums for a long period of time you would be richer than either Soros or John Paulson.

However consistency seems to be the key, to give you a clue of just how much passive investors lust after consistent returns look no further than the Bernie Madoff case. Madoff attracted billions of dollars by offering 1% a month returns, they were predictable and didn't seem to be dependent upon market conditions (as it happened of course Madoff was a crook and was not investing the money at all). Investors at his firm were afraid to withdraw their money for fear they would not be able to get it back in with him, and that was with 1% a month; with 10% a month everyone would want their money with you.

tkbieber said:
Thanks for the advise. Something to think about. ;)

(y)

Unfortunately I can't give you many hints in terms of getting into hedge funds etc I am going to be trying myself in a few years, hopefully.

I suppose the only thing you can do, if you have no formal background in economics/investing, is send a copy of your trade history to them, along with the details of people who can verify that it is real. If you really can do 10% a month consistently i.e. irrespective of market direction, and without extreme leverage, then I can't see why they would turn you away. In the end they care about the bottom line and not much else.

Returns get progressively more difficult to generate as you start handling large sums of money though, Warren Buffett openly stated that he could guarantee to do 50% a year with $1 million. The opportunities that exist for someone with a relatively small amount of capital to allocate are much greater than those which exist for those with large sums of money to allocate.

10% a month consistently is insanely good, if you can do it with large sums for a long period of time you would be richer than either Soros or John Paulson.

However consistency seems to be the key, to give you a clue of just how much passive investors lust after consistent returns look no further than the Bernie Madoff case. Madoff attracted billions of dollars by offering 1% a month returns, they were predictable and didn't seem to be dependent upon market conditions (as it happened of course Madoff was a crook and was not investing the money at all). Investors at his firm were afraid to withdraw their money for fear they would not be able to get it back in with him, and that was with 1% a month; with 10% a month everyone would want their money with you.

(y)

Yeah, I don't know much about hedge funds nor do I think I want to. However, I am looking into being on investment firms looking for traders. That I am seeing interest in. We will see. It seems like people are happy with consistent 5-10% a month and even less and that is so easy to achieve.

Anyway, well Friday's trade is still open, now about -58 pips. A possible sell may happen tonight but a little soon to tell yet.

I'm off to bed and we will see how the trade plays out tomorrow. :)

If you find anyone who wants to put a decent amount of money into this, I'm sure you can sell their details for a couple of grand a pop.

Although the set up was good for a buy last night, I did not place a buy because I am already in a buy position from Friday and I won't double my risk. It came close to closing out last night but looks like I wait a little longer.

Currently -36 pips.