Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
*10% of new accounts opened via mobile,
*14% of client initiated deals through mobile
*Mobile dealers deal more often and in bigger size than non mobile users with nearly doubel the monthly revenue..

Really surprised by the third point highlighted on the list..
IGs increase in revenue and a nice solid dividend cover means their shares are definately worth a punt on at the moment!

Hi Black swan,

yes we all have the new toys and clients are demanding them. just checked our iphone log ons and currently 30 percent of our active clients are logged onto iphone (next gen) so numbers are impressive. It just helps clients stay in touch with markets and they can trade if they need to. all makes sense.

hope you are well. Looks like Jagielka will be playing for decent team at last.

cheers pc

Gutted if Jags goes tbh, but can't understand why Arsene doesn't go for Cahill at Bolton. Has Fabregas stopped sulking yet? ;) Surprised no one is after Fellaini though. When you look at the fact that City have spent circa 140 on four forwards how can we ever compete?

Anyhow, thirty percent on I phones??!! Wow..As for black charts I reckon most folk like them.

Filled in the investor trends survey yesterday, for any of the guys on this thread who haven't please do so, it's your industry, your chance to shape it.

Filled in the investor trends survey yesterday, for any of the guys on this thread who haven't please do so, it's your industry, your chance to shape it.
I've had an invite to do this survey from at least 8 different sources. Can you only fill it in the once do you know? Chance to win an ipad so you can trade CMC markets on there if you fill it in! ;)

IGs increase in revenue and a nice solid dividend cover means their shares are definately worth a punt on at the moment!

On the face of it very good figures in their annual report, but IMHO all the top five six sb firms are in good shape. when you look at the comments on another thread, re fx firms cost of doing business versus sb firms, sb firms have a real edge atm. Even 0.5 spread on the euro from an fx firm is in reality 1 pip plus, any sb firm below that on typical spreads with very good execution etc will do very well.

I've had an invite to do this survey from at least 8 different sources. Can you only fill it in the once do you know? Chance to win an ipad so you can trade CMC markets on there if you fill it in! ;)

I think you only get one entry as the gift comes from the survey folk not the fx or sb firm..Ridiculous bit of kit though, typing on one now. It's a lot more than a web toy if you download the right apps. I'm going all apple fan boi, must be a mid life crisis :D hoping to get the iMac 27" next month.

steady on black swan, you will be dying your hair black soon, taking out the grey bits. ha ha.

love my ipad.

cheers pc

I think you only get one entry as the gift comes from the survey folk not the fx or sb firm..Ridiculous bit of kit though, typing on one now. It's a lot more than a web toy if you download the right apps. I'm going all apple fan boi, must be a mid life crisis :D hoping to get the iMac 27" next month.

still early days for Arsene. I would like to see Jags and Chris Samba play for Arsenal. I like Samba, big strong boy and scores his fair share of goals. Fellaini is excellent player, would love him at Emirates as well.

cheers pc
Gutted if Jags goes tbh, but can't understand why Arsene doesn't go for Cahill at Bolton. Has Fabregas stopped sulking yet? ;) Surprised no one is after Fellaini though. When you look at the fact that City have spent circa 140 on four forwards how can we ever compete?

Anyhow, thirty percent on I phones??!! Wow..As for black charts I reckon most folk like them.

steady on black swan, you will be dying your hair black soon, taking out the grey bits. ha ha.

love my ipad.

cheers pc

Hahaha... Can cope with receding/ going a bit grey, hate the fact I've now only got a one pack not a six pack, however hard I work at it :( My eldest lad just started his gym membership today, can punch a lot harder than me too ;)

Hi Black swan,

Be careful he will knock you out soon and then the balance of power will change in the blackswan household...

good luck to him hope he does well.

regards peter

Hahaha... Can cope with receding/ going a bit grey, hate the fact I've now only got a one pack not a six pack, however hard I work at it :( My eldest lad just started his gym membership today, can punch a lot harder than me too ;)

I completed this last year and never heard anything about the alleged free gifts. Same this time so far.

Anyway soon you will be able to select the colour you prefer and when that happens lets see how many choose black or white. I will monitor it and let you know the stats. Then if they go for white. I will say I stand corrected. If there are more black back grounds then you have to dance naked down Bishopsgate. deal

ha ha

pc

Well, it'll make a change from Hampstead Heath.

I hope the majority choose Green - I'd rather neither of you dance naked .....anywhere....anytime :LOL:

Hi Peter

I understood you were going to do a 'quick fix' by being able to open a buy and a sell ticket of the same pair? Have you got a date on the upgrade, as time is ticking by and I still see the clumsy tickets?

I've been getting a few dodgy fills, at first I was putting it down to to the time consuming order ticket mechanism and although this slows you down and makes you get in the market behind the crowd, the problems were when I actually did the final 'click' to enter the market. So I decided to investigate further - I've discovered that CMC's spreads are not fixed and you do get slippage even in quiet times (really bad around busier times). I think to add a slippage control would be a good idea as we are not get the prices quoted, so to have the option to control what slippage is acceptable is a must, and not hard to implement as other brokers have it. Here's the spread on the EUR/USD this morning, as you can see it's 1.4 and not 0.9.

Attachments

• cmc euro wide spread.JPG
    cmc euro wide spread.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 142
I've been getting a few dodgy fills, at first I was putting it down to to the time consuming order ticket mechanism and although this slows you down and makes you get in the market behind the crowd, the problems were when I actually did the final 'click' to enter the market. So I decided to investigate further - I've discovered that CMC's spreads are not fixed and you do get slippage even in quiet times (really bad around busier times). I think to add a slippage control would be a good idea as we are not get the prices quoted, so to have the option to control what slippage is acceptable is a must, and not hard to implement as other brokers have it. Here's the spread on the EUR/USD this morning, as you can see it's 1.4 and not 0.9.

yeah FX spreads is not fixed with CMC i've seen 20+ pips spread on cable , how much slippage are you talking about ? after you price in the ticket delay time , slippage , news spread , the effective spread would be more than 0.9 pips .

Good morning Truth seeker,

Index spreads are fixed at 0.9 for most major indices and forex spreads are variable.
We publish our daily typical spreads which we encourage our competitors to do
minimum spreads are only half the story. we publish our typical spreads weekly so you can see how consistent our prices are. They are on our web page.

This only applies to variable spreads. Here is example of variable spreads.

Whilst minimum spreads can grab the headlines they don't tell the whole story, as markets can be volatile and the underlying market spreads can widen throughout the day.

At CMC Markets we believe it is important that our competitors should be more transparent and publish their daily typical spreads as well as their minimum spreads. Consistent daily typical spreads are a reflection of pricing consistency throughout the day. Below you will find CMC Markets’ most popular typical spreads over the last week,
from 17th to 22 July.

Remember that on our next generation platform there is no dealer intervention and the execution is 100% automated .

CMC Markets FX pairs
Instrument Minimum spread Typical spread (17/07 - 22/07)
EUR/USD 0.9 pts 0.973 pts
GBP/USD 1.0 pts 1.287 pts
EUR/GBP 1.0 pts 1.204 pts
EUR/JPY 1.5 pts 1.622 pts
USD/CHF 1.9 pts 1.977 pts
GBP/JPY 2.9 pts 3.012 pts

I Hope this helps explain how our spreads work. If you would like further explanation please feel free to contact our customer support desk.
Please remember you should understand the risk of trading before you enter a trade.

Many thanks Peter

Hi truth seeker,

Thanks for your post. We have a major next gen release coming very soon. I would rather not say when but you will see all sorts of improvements including generating two tickets, chart improvements and some nice new functionality to make life easier.
Not long to wait now.
:)
pc
Hi Peter

I understood you were going to do a 'quick fix' by being able to open a buy and a sell ticket of the same pair? Have you got a date on the upgrade, as time is ticking by and I still see the clumsy tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.