Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning tar,

let me know when you saw 20 pips spreads and i will investigate it. You can also follow our spreads on spread charts within platform.

tks pc

yeah FX spreads is not fixed with CMC i've seen 20+ pips spread on cable , how much slippage are you talking about ? after you price in the ticket delay time , slippage , news spread , the effective spread would be more than 0.9 pips .

I've been getting a few dodgy fills, at first I was putting it down to to the time consuming order ticket mechanism and although this slows you down and makes you get in the market behind the crowd, the problems were when I actually did the final 'click' to enter the market. So I decided to investigate further - I've discovered that CMC's spreads are not fixed and you do get slippage even in quiet times (really bad around busier times). I think to add a slippage control would be a good idea as we are not get the prices quoted, so to have the option to control what slippage is acceptable is a must, and not hard to implement as other brokers have it. Here's the spread on the EUR/USD this morning, as you can see it's 1.4 and not 0.9.

Did you imagine that the 0.9 spreads on the euro was fixed, is that what you're referring to as dodgy fills?? As a typical spread anything below 1pip, measured consistently over the trading week/month on eur/usd, is excellent IMHO.

Good morning tar,

let me know when you saw 20 pips spreads and i will investigate it. You can also follow our spreads on spread charts within platform.

tks pc

Goodmorning Peter

I saw it around economic figures release , the spreads charts doesn't do the job because the minimum time interval is 5 seconds so if the spread widen for a few seconds only it may not appear on the spread charts .

Regards

Good morning black swan,

Thanks for your post.
We publish our weekly typical spreads on forex. If you refer to post 2379 you will see that our typical euro/dlr spread for period 22 to 29th July was 0.973.
So the head line was 0.9 and the daily typical spread was still below 1 pip.
I think that is pretty consistent especially when the under line market can be volatile.
hope that helps
we publish every week our previous weeks typical spreads. we do this on a monday morning. You can also follow our spreads through spread charts.
tks pc

Did you imagine that the 0.9 spreads on the euro was fixed, is that what you're referring to as dodgy fills?? As a typical spread anything below 1pip, measured consistently over the trading week/month on eur/usd, is excellent IMHO.

hi tar
let me try to get the spread charts to one second. that would be even better.

please see my posts to black swan and truth seeker. regarding spreads.
I hope you had a good weekend.
cheers pc

Goodmorning Peter

I saw it around economic figures release , the spreads charts doesn't do the job because the minimum time interval is 5 seconds so if the spread widen for a few seconds only it may not appear on the spread charts .

Regards

hi tar
let me try to get the spread charts to one second. that would be even better.

please see my posts to black swan and truth seeker. regarding spreads.
I hope you had a good weekend.
cheers pc

Truth seeker point is about slippage and the option to control it like with FXCM , i know your FX spreads is not fixed and it could fluctuate ...

Regards

Hi Everybody.
I decided to start my own thread to answer questions regarding CMC Markets.
For those of you who do not know my name is Peter Cruddas.
I started CMC Markets in 1989 and owned 100 percent of the company up until December 2007 when I sold ten percent to Goldman Sachs. I still own 85 percent, Goldmans ten percent and the staff own the rest.
I work at CMC Markets full time, I am executive Chairman and I wanted to create this thread so you could have direct access to me to ask me questions about the Company.
I will answer all the threads personally, I type them myself and I will answer your questions as best and as honestly as I can. So if you have any questions fire away.

regards Peter Cruddas. :)

I know that this is old, but I think this is admirable of you sir.

It is extremely difficult to see what the current spread is if you don't use CMC's charts, PC has said that the current spread will be indicated on the ticket in the future - perhaps this will be included in the next release.

What I have noticed is that CMC's spread seems a more genuine spread as opposed to the fixed 1 pip spreads which seem to be biased to the leading edge - so the reduced spread (from the traditional 2 spread) cannot be reflected in your stop loss.

I do however agree on the difficulty with the tickets - they are pretty impossible. The limit and stop options swap places depending on whether you are buying or selling, I understand the logic behind this but imho it makes it slow and difficult. An allowance of multiple tickets will solve this. I have regrettably gone back to IG for this very reason - I can have 5 tear-off tickets stacked up in my system tray filled out and ready to go. If and when CMC properly resolve this problem I will go back to them.

Every spread that I have seen on the UK version has been good compared to what I have seen at other sites.......

Truth seeker point is about slippage and the option to control it like with FXCM , i know your FX spreads is not fixed and it could fluctuate ...

I reckon FXCM have the best platform by far - shame they're such a skanky company.

I can't imagine why those developing a new platform don't research properly and work out what they need to do to make 'theirs' the very best.

Please chime in PC..........I don't hold back............I am defending you at the moment........

Hi 4x4
many thanks for your post. We have a simple one click solution coming very soon
so look forward to welcoming you back.

regards Peter

It is extremely difficult to see what the current spread is if you don't use CMC's charts, PC has said that the current spread will be indicated on the ticket in the future - perhaps this will be included in the next release.

What I have noticed is that CMC's spread seems a more genuine spread as opposed to the fixed 1 pip spreads which seem to be biased to the leading edge - so the reduced spread (from the traditional 2 spread) cannot be reflected in your stop loss.

I do however agree on the difficulty with the tickets - they are pretty impossible. The limit and stop options swap places depending on whether you are buying or selling, I understand the logic behind this but imho it makes it slow and difficult. An allowance of multiple tickets will solve this. I have regrettably gone back to IG for this very reason - I can have 5 tear-off tickets stacked up in my system tray filled out and ready to go. If and when CMC properly resolve this problem I will go back to them.

Please chime in PC..........I don't hold back............I am defending you at the moment........

Give the man a chance - I'm sure he's got some other duties apart from replying to this forum!

Hi 4x4
many thanks for your post. We have a simple one click solution coming very soon
so look forward to welcoming you back.

regards Peter

Thanks Peter - I really hope the one click solution includes a settable stop distance - if it does I might have a naked dance down Bishopsgate of my own:LOL:

I reckon FXCM have the best platform by far - shame they're such a skanky company.

I can't imagine why those developing a new platform don't research properly and work out what they need to do to make 'theirs' the very best.

I like their platform, but tbh we become creatures of habit don't we, particularly if you've enjoyed success with certain companies. Can't agree they're a "skanky" company as you refer to them, they're ok IMHO but tbh I count on one hand the problems I've had over the years with fx or sb firms, most of my issues/complaints have been self inflicted and I'll always maintain there's an inverse correlation between complaints and experience/ success. When all is considered what we do may seem simple, once you approach a stage of unconscious competence, but when you consider just how much our grey matter has to assimilate and navigate to trade well It's a lot to master..

aaah have just got the team to cancel that function.
just in case you mean it. ha ha

:cheesy:
pc
Thanks Peter - I really hope the one click solution includes a settable stop distance - if it does I might have a naked dance down Bishopsgate of my own:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.