Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to switch over to CMC from Capital spreads because of the spreads BUT

Im worried about
Margin holding me back (e.g. £1pp = £160 margin on GBP/USD, which is way too high compared to Capital spreads, who I think is around £60)
Plus if CMC honour stop losses (I used 25pip SL entries, would I suffer from slipage? or execute right on my SL price, of course there is exceptions on data releases time etc)

Thanks
10pips.

This is due to CS's automatic stops, I think.

btw, PC, no sign of the customisable charts today, unless I missed something to click on?

Hi tim3
looking into pop outs. Not quite sure of the work loads but would like to have it for our clients.
Charts work really well on ipad where you can turn ipad to horizontal and charts will the page but understand clients need them to fit onto their desk tops.
will let you know where we are with them once the tech team get back to me.
tks pc

Hi Peter.

Are pop out charts on the to do list?

Thanks.

Peter, just looking through IG's latest report, they point out in their notes that up to 15% of trades are now executed on mobile devices, I had no idea it was this much, is it similar with CMC? If so I can understand why so much time and investment has gone into development on this side of the overall business..

hi Blackswan,
dont have the stats but ours are not far off that
tks pc

Peter, just looking through IG's latest report, they point out in their notes that up to 15% of trades are now executed on mobile devices, I had no idea it was this much, is it similar with CMC? If so I can understand why so much time and investment has gone into development on this side of the overall business..

hi Blackswan,
dont have the stats but ours are not far off that
tks pc

*10% of new accounts opened via mobile,
*14% of client initiated deals through mobile
*Mobile dealers deal more often and in bigger size than non mobile users with nearly doubel the monthly revenue..

Really surprised by the third point highlighted on the list..

Hi Trader Q
Not true. Seeing record turnover on next gen.

thanks Peter

Ah, but you don't know how much more 'record' the turnover would have been if the platform had been more functional and the charts clearer from the start. The spread reduction will have been the main draw recently.

Hi Ross,

technically you are right but business is excellent but we are changing charts so we are in happy space. But I accept we should have had white back ground from the start if only to give clients choice. Anyway soon you will be able to select the colour you prefer and when that happens lets see how many choose black or white. I will monitor it and let you know the stats. Then if they go for white. I will say I stand corrected. If there are more black back grounds then you have to dance naked down Bishopsgate. deal

ha ha

pc

Ah, but you don't know how much more 'record' the turnover would have been if the platform had been more functional and the charts clearer from the start. The spread reduction will have been the main draw recently.

Hi Black swan,

yes we all have the new toys and clients are demanding them. just checked our iphone log ons and currently 30 percent of our active clients are logged onto iphone (next gen) so numbers are impressive. It just helps clients stay in touch with markets and they can trade if they need to. all makes sense.

hope you are well. Looks like Jagielka will be playing for decent team at last.

cheers pc

*10% of new accounts opened via mobile,
*14% of client initiated deals through mobile
*Mobile dealers deal more often and in bigger size than non mobile users with nearly doubel the monthly revenue..

Really surprised by the third point highlighted on the list..

Status
Not open for further replies.