Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tar
Well I suppose if there are only a few clients using it we will close it but still a lot of people using it so no plans to close.
We will let market forces decide for us.
However if u use next gen spreads are tighter so you will save money on next gen over mm
Hope that helps
Peter
I thought that market maker platform will be closed ...

Come on Ross you have seen the other blogs you know
This is not the case. You can use both systems
Peter

This is what you said on the other thread. I don't see how one client have two different contracts/T&Cs with the same SB provider?

<<...Inevitably the next generation trading platform will eventually replace our current MarketMaker software but this will happen over a period of time as I build up functionality in the next generation platform. To clarify, I will not close MarketMaker in December. I will continue to invite all my valued customers to migrate over to the next generation platform to join with us in our journey forwards, together.

It is our migration policy to where possible reimburse spread charges for 'like' products so that people are not disadvantaged, this is my commitment to you. The product suite at present is different than that currently in MarketMaker, we are launching more products, especially shares, over the coming weeks.

CMC Markets are setting up everyone as a new customer for two main reasons neither of which have anything do with Goldmans. Firstly the next generation product pricing and execution is different from MarketMaker and I wish to ensure that everyone has a thorough understanding of our new terms of business and how the platform works before they convert their account. >>

Hi Ross
No where does it say you cannot have two accounts on market maker and next gen. In fact there are many clients that use both platforms
Next gen terms are different in the sense that u use a different platform but general terms are same. You are one client trading on two different platforms enjoy it and take your pick
Happy Xmas
Peter :)

Spur;1363584]This is what you said on the other thread. I don't see how one client have two different contracts/T&Cs with the same SB provider?

<<...Inevitably the next generation trading platform will eventually replace our current MarketMaker software but this will happen over a period of time as I build up functionality in the next generation platform. To clarify, I will not close MarketMaker in December. I will continue to invite all my valued customers to migrate over to the next generation platform to join with us in our journey forwards, together.

It is our migration policy to where possible reimburse spread charges for 'like' products so that people are not disadvantaged, this is my commitment to you. The product suite at present is different than that currently in MarketMaker, we are launching more products, especially shares, over the coming weeks.

CMC Markets are setting up everyone as a new customer for two main reasons neither of which have anything do with Goldmans. Firstly the next generation product pricing and execution is different from MarketMaker and I wish to ensure that everyone has a thorough understanding of our new terms of business and how the platform works before they convert their account. >>[/QUOTE]

Hi Peter

As a CMC CFD customer do you have an up to date list (txt or csv for example) of the US equities you support? I did ask CMC support but they said no only what was in the pdf document available on the website.

I have cut n pasted this into my own watchlist but not sure how up to date it is.

Thanks

Hi gktk
Not quite sure what u mean.
You can see all the products we offer in the instrument tree.
Let me know if u need any more info
Tks pc
Hi Peter

As a CMC CFD customer do you have an up to date list (txt or csv for example) of the US equities you support? I did ask CMC support but they said no only what was in the pdf document available on the website.

I have cut n pasted this into my own watchlist but not sure how up to date it is.

Thanks

yeah i can see the instruments there. Preference is to have the instruments available as separate txt or csv file, so i can add into my scanner for monitoring purposes.

was just looking around the site and notice you on peter, nice to see that you frequent the site and answer questions, its a very nice touch
i dont use your platform myself but its just refreshing to see someone of your stature on and you seem to be intouch with the retail trader

well done

Hi pocrel
Thanks for the support. The hard part is convincing people this is not pr exercise I answer all questions personally including typing them. This was my personal idea nothing to do with marketing. Also it helps me to stay in touch with what people are thinking and despite the odd flak now and again I really enjoy it. Even my team enjoy reading my postings as it shows them how committed I am to the business so it is not just for clients benefits.
So why don't u use platform open demo account and try it, all you need is email address and password and we won't bombard you to open account. Would be good to get your feed back on platform
Cheers Peter
was just looking around the site and notice you on peter, nice to see that you frequent the site and answer questions, its a very nice touch
i dont use your platform myself but its just refreshing to see someone of your stature on and you seem to be intouch with the retail trader

well done

Hi PC,

Hope you had a good xmas..

As a relativly new trader i have a demo account with cmc markets .. and i have to say, it is very good ! and i use it a lot more than my other demo account .. and will probably do more so when new stocks are available to trade in the new year as the major downside at the moment is the lack of stocks.

other sb firms have links to autochartist or investors intelligence, does cmc have any plans to include similar links or tools for research ?

Max

Hi max magic

Had an excellent xmas thanks hope u had a good one too.
Best wishes for 2011.

We have new pattern recognition software coming with next gen in next quarter you can get it now on our uk cfd platform. Just select cfds on our web site to down load it . It will be integrated into next gen early next year.
Also lots more research and products coming first quarter next year our aim is to have most feature rich platform out there so stayed tuned because lots of great stuff coming next year. Thanks for taking ti e to blog
Best regards Peter

QUOTE=max magic;1366184]Hi PC,

Hope you had a good xmas..

As a relativly new trader i have a demo account with cmc markets .. and i have to say, it is very good ! and i use it a lot more than my other demo account .. and will probably do more so when new stocks are available to trade in the new year as the major downside at the moment is the lack of stocks.

other sb firms have links to autochartist or investors intelligence, does cmc have any plans to include similar links or tools for research ?

Max[/QUOTE]

Hello Peter,
Your next gen software does not offer all the instrument you see in the market maker software.
Foe e.g i want to trade UK mining index which i did not see on your new gen.software and a call to
customer service did not yield any result.
When can we have all the instrument?

Hi fast trader 7

Thanks for taking the time to blog.

Testing is almost complete we will be loading around another 3000 instruments
In the next four to six weeks. Should have everything you need.
What do you think of next gen platform
Cheers pc
Hello Peter,
Your next gen software does not offer all the instrument you see in the market maker software.
Foe e.g i want to trade UK mining index which i did not see on your new gen.software and a call to
customer service did not yield any result.
When can we have all the instrument?

Thanks for the response Peter. Very nice of you.
Frankly i am not used to the next gen.platform. I still prefer Marketmaker.
May be i get used to it in the future.
Have a good day

Hi ft7
Once we load all new I struments you will love it I am sure.
I really like what we have done with technology and so much more to come
Have successful 2011
Pc
Thanks for the response Peter. Very nice of you.
Have a good day

Hi ft7
Once we load all new I struments you will love it I am sure.
I really like what we have done with technology and so much more to come
Have successful 2011
Pc

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply,
I've had a look at the pattern recognition as you mentioned on cmc website, It looks very good, will it be available to use on the sb demo account in the near future or the live account only? I hope to open a live account with cmc in the very near future once I have built up a little more experience trading.

Will cmc be incorporating ALL FTSE 350 stocks for trading this coming quarter?

Many thanks,

Max

Hi ft7
I think once you get used to it you will prefer it.
All other platforms I have seen look like databases I think ours is more inter active and we have seen big uptake of platform it is definitely more popular than market maker anyway give it try you can use demo platform and let me know what u think
Tks Peter
trader7;1366924]Thanks for the response Peter. Very nice of you.
Have a good day[/QUOTE]

Hi maxmagic
Yes uwill have ftse 350 and lot more fx crosses, indices and commodities
Would be good to have yours client
Let me know if u want to come in and discuss your trading
Regards Peter
Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply,
I've had a look at the pattern recognition as you mentioned on cmc website, It looks very good, will it be available to use on the sb demo account in the near future or the live account only? I hope to open a live account with cmc in the very near future once I have built up a little more experience trading.

Will cmc be incorporating ALL FTSE 350 stocks for trading this coming quarter?

Many thanks,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.