Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I am registered with cmc Australia. when will there be an iphone trading platform for cmc au?

Hi cottoned
iPhone and iPad app is part of next gen technology which we will roll out to Australia first quarter next year. It is all on track and I will be flying down for the launch but do not exact date yet but Australia is big office for us and is high on priority list.
Of course oz will be next gen cfds u will love it as there will be some sexy new products but you will have to wait and see what theyare as commercially sensitive at moment
Tks for blogging and good to see this blog goes out around the world
Regards Peter
hi, I am registered with cmc Australia. when will there be an iphone trading platform for cmc au?

Hi black swan
I agree with you but the point is, is that we as trading company should be able to
Provide our clients with a free first class trading package and that is our aim.
Where we are different is that we have built our own charts that are built into our platform they are not from third party vendor.
We have very passionate team that love charting and want to get it right and we will .
Getting there and we are as passionate about charts as our clients
Tks for taking time to blog
Cheers Peter

Hi Peter, I'm gonna down load the CMC charts/sign up for the demo. tomorrow and take a look, I'm intrigued why there's so much objection/comment on them tbh, I'll hazard a guess I know why..Fwiw (once evaluated) I'll give some feedback on this thread..

On the suggestions front, will it be possible to trade directly through charts? Ideally, it would be like Ninja, with the ability to place and modify trades with a click or two

Hi Ross
Charts are already very interactive you can generate deal tickets from them
And you can see trades, stops and limits. You can adjust stops and limits and close out positions from charts. Not quite what you meant but more to come over next couple of months nearly there though
Cheers Peter
On the suggestions front, will it be possible to trade directly through charts? Ideally, it would be like Ninja, with the ability to place and modify trades with a click or two

I'm quite sure CMC have had chart trading for many years now.

Hi Peter
I would like to add my thanks to you for your responses to the questions so far. I would like to ask you a few questions myself. First I must say I was a former CMC client using the MarketMaker platform. I didn't like the look of the the new platform, and there were better spreads available elsewhere. I do have the Demo account for the NextGen platform. So here goes - Are the prices in the demo the same as the prices in the live platform ? Will the demo have the same charting functionality as the live platform ? Lastly I don't understand your comments about the competition being exchanges and ECNs, as they have a different business model compared to spread betting ?

Hi georgedon
Prices, spreads, charting and execution on demo and live platform are the same. We want demo to be a complete reflection of live system. However live is on bigger and better servers so there might be a few milliseconds speed improvement on live platform.
Of course we will always give priority to live deals over demo deals but it shouldn't be noticeable. Next gen is a big improvement over old gen in terms of speed, execution pricing and spreads and spreads will improve even more over coming months.

My point about exchanges and ecns was they should be the competition for us with pricing and execution not other spread bet companies. we aim to get our level of pricing and execution to that level. The spread bet industry should not be about head line rates which is what a lot of our competitors promote.it should be about a high level of execution on consistent pricing that is where we are taking this industry.

Thanks for taking the time to blog and we would love to have you back as a client.
Regards Peter

I would like to add my thanks to you for your responses to the questions so far. I would like to ask you a few questions myself. First I must say I was a former CMC client using the MarketMaker platform. I didn't like the look of the the new platform, and there were better spreads available elsewhere. I do have the Demo account for the NextGen platform. So here goes - Are the prices in the demo the same as the prices in the live platform ? Will the demo have the same charting functionality as the live platform ? Lastly I don't understand your comments about the competition being exchanges and ECNs, as they have a different business model compared to spread betting ?[/QUOTE]

I hate these stinking new charts, and I got talked around to closing my old account and moving funds over to new platform by the sales department. Why don't these charts work like 99% of all charting other platforms? I'm really not happy.

If you look at what's been said before, you shouldn't have had to close your old account.

I'm quite sure CMC have had chart trading for many years now.

It's a while since I tried, admittedly, but I don't remember this being possible with CMC. IG, FXCM and GFT have direct chart trading, and SLM's MT4 can be used with EAs, but in my experience they all have snags.

Hi Ross
Charts are already very interactive you can generate deal tickets from them
And you can see trades, stops and limits. You can adjust stops and limits and close out positions from charts. Not quite what you meant but more to come over next couple of months nearly there though
Cheers Peter

Yes, the trailing and 'draggable' orders work really well, so it seems a small step to get everything working from a mouse?

100 percent right you can trade on old gen and next gen at the same time it is your choice
You can even use old gen charts and trade on next gen prices
Just pick and mix and enjoy best of both worlds
Tks Peter
If you look at what's been said before, you shouldn't have had to close your old account.

Its coming and you are right not difficult to get it all working together
We are working on it and should be with you first quarter this year
Will be great for me to see a fully integrated charting package

Tks peter

UOTE=Ross Spur;1369476]Yes, the trailing and 'draggable' orders work really well, so it seems a small step to get everything working from a mouse?[/QUOTE]

Now I have looked into the "next gen" and an improvement over the market maker is that you have a better overview of open positions and the ability to adjust these in the chart and trailing stop

I assume that the spread will be the same for CFD with "next gen" as an example 1.3 for Germany 30 instead of 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.