Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another go with the next-gen demo today. Some of the things I didn't like initially can be impoved by expanding the main window across two monitors, so the main reason I wouldn't use it live are the wide spreads and dark background charts with semi-transparent candles, etc.

Hi Ross
Thanks for your comments I will pass them onto the team.
We will be releasing some tabs so you can build different screens Funnily enough you Are only one so far to comment on chart colours most clients seem to like the colours.

I know our headline spreads can be beaten and they will improve
Over next quarter but I believe over a period of time during normal and volatile markets ours will come out best. But anyway spreads will improve regardless
Have you tried iPhone app yet. Functionalihty is very strong
Have a good 2011
Peter

Had another go with the next-gen demo today. Some of the things I didn't like initially can be impoved by expanding the main window across two monitors, so the main reason I wouldn't use it live are the wide spreads and dark background charts with semi-transparent candles, etc.

Hi Ross
Thanks for your comments I will pass them onto the team.
We will be releasing some tabs so you can build different screens Funnily enough you Are only one so far to comment on chart colours most clients seem to like the colours.

I know our headline spreads can be beaten and they will improve
Over next quarter but I believe over a period of time during normal and volatile markets ours will come out best. But anyway spreads will improve regardless
Have you tried iPhone app yet. Functionalihty is very strong
Have a good 2011
Peter

OK, I'll admit that I have an irrational dislike of dark background charts(!), but it would be good to have a choice.
btw, has anyone else commented that there seems to be quite a long delay between clicking on buy/sell and the trade box popping onto the screen?
re. iPhones, I have enough trouble keeping track of what's going on with three monitors, so just the thought of trading with one tiny screen is scary. no matter how good the app!

Hi Ross
I use the iPhone app to keep me informed of markets when I am away from my computer it keeps me uptodate and it is useful for monitoring positions and changing stops and limits etc. Just keeps you informed even if you don't use it for trading. How do you monitor positions now when u r away from computer?
Not had any comments re slow ticket generation but will ask the anoraks to look at it.
I think we might be launching some colour changes to charts but not sure when it isn't high priority at moment
Tks for taking time to blog
Tks Peter
OK, I'll admit that I have an irrational dislike of dark background charts(!), but it would be good to have a choice.
btw, has anyone else commented that there seems to be quite a long delay between clicking on buy/sell and the trade box popping onto the screen?
re. iPhones, I have enough trouble keeping track of what's going on with three monitors, so just the thought of trading with one tiny screen is scary. no matter how good the app!

I use the iPhone app to keep me informed of markets when I am away from my computer it keeps me uptodate and it is useful for monitoring positions and changing stops and limits etc. Just keeps you informed even if you don't use it for trading. How do you monitor positions now when u r away from computer?

Hi PC, good to see you're still interested in what goes

Basically, I have long-term positions that don't really need monitoring, and short-term trades that I only really leave running when I'm away from my main computer once a tight stop/limit is in place. I use mobiles as little as possible and wouldn't want to walk around staring at one!

Hi Ross
Lucky you I am addicted to iPhone and iPad but I use them mainly to keep in touch with the team and to keep on top of my emails and this blog. In fact I am typing this response from my iPad.
Sounds like you have good trading strategy that works for you.
Thanks for your comments hope 2011 is good year for you.
I am so excited about next gen launches next year cannot wait. Who knows we might get you to like us once you see all the releases next year now that would be an achievement ha ha
Cheers Peter
Hi PC, good to see you're still interested in what goes

Basically, I have long-term positions that don't really need monitoring, and short-term trades that I only really leave running when I'm away from my main computer once a tight stop/limit is in place. I use mobiles as little as possible and wouldn't want to walk around staring at one!

Ross, I have to agree that charts with white background are much easier and less irritating.
As for clicking on buy/sell, I think the whole platform is a bit slow and takes some time to load. First when I logged in it froze my browser for 5 seconds (I use Mozilla).

Hi Ross
Not had any comments re slow ticket generation but will ask the anoraks to look at it.
I think we might be launching some colour changes to charts but not sure when it isn't high priority at moment
Tks Peter

I have to agree your platform looks very different from others... and I bet many people will actually like it as it's colourful and different.

I just opened account with you (demo account), hope I won't be bombarded with marketing e-mails as I gave my real e-mail as you mentioned that you wouldn't be spamming.

Hello Peter,
With your new platform i think there is a problem.
I should be able to trade with 1 click. When you want to buy or sell something it only show you the buy or sell screen, if you change your mind you have to go back and click again.
All SB companies offer 1 click trading, i.e just one screen where you can click buy or sell with your stake per point.
What is the trick behind that?
Thanks

Hi lance

Will get techies to checkout functionality but to be honest we have trades zinging through on next gen really well volumes keep increasing and early indications are it will be success based on trade numbers and uptake. Very exciting.
Let me know what contact you get from us. It should be minimal maybe odd upgrade email. We only ask for email and password to get you up and running we never verify email address as we do not use demo accounts to contact clients. We know we will get a lot of false email addresses but that is okay we just want u to try system no strings. We are prepared to stand by the platform. Watch out for next years upgrades
Have a good 2011 and good luck with your trading.
Peter

I have to agree that charts with white background are much easier and less irritating.
As for clicking on buy/sell, I think the whole platform is a bit slow and takes some time to load. First when I logged in it froze my browser for 5 seconds (I use Mozilla).

I have to agree your platform looks very different from others... and I bet many people will actually like it as it's colourful and different.

I just opened account with you (demo account), hope I won't be bombarded with marketing e-mails as I gave my real e-mail as you mentioned that you wouldn't be spamming.[/QUOTE]

Hi ft7
We offer one click trading you just have To go into settings and select order tickets and turn to off placing an order. This will eliminate ticket confirmation and give you one click trading just did it on my iPhone app and it worked perfectly.
Tks Peter
Hello Peter,
With your new platform i think there is a problem.
I should be able to trade with 1 click. When you want to buy or sell something it only show you the buy or sell screen, if you change your mind you have to go back and click again.
All SB companies offer 1 click trading, i.e just one screen where you can click buy or sell with your stake per point.
What is the trick behind that?
Thanks

By the way ft7 forgot to mention you can also switch off auto stops and auto profits from settings as well in ticket settings. so you can one click without margin stop loss and auto profit and ticket confirmation.
These are all default settings when you open demo or live account as we do not know your trading ability so we put in auto margin stops and auto profit take which is twice the margin level
And ticket confirmation so you can ease your way into new platform
Tks pc

Are you going to bring an ipad version of your trading software out or you just sticking with the iphone for now?

As soon as its released I'll give it a try. Havent got an account with you yet but will get one set up.

Hi geewcee that's all we can ask
Let me have your feedback once you are up and running
Any problems let me know and will sort them for you personally
Tks Peter
As soon as its released I'll give it a try. Havent got an account with you yet but will get one set up.

I hate these stinking new charts, and I got talked around to closing my old account and moving funds over to new platform by the sales department. Why don't these charts work like 99% of all charting other platforms? I'm really not happy.

I hate these stinking new charts, and I got talked around to closing my old account and moving funds over to new platform by the sales department. Why don't these charts work like 99% of all charting other platforms? I'm really not happy.

A suggestion, based on my own experience; I trade off Marketscope charts (in as much as I place orders through them with dbfx/fxcm), but have pro real time purring happily in the background for part of my swing/position FX decision making. I love certain features with the PRT package, particularly the alerts linked to my wav files, when conditions are met for me to make a decision/take an action they chime, I jump to action, Pavlov's dog decision making? ;)

I'm therefore taking decisions based on other charts to my brokers', but using theirs to take the trades. There's no compulsion for using your brokers' charts, often it's simply personal preference. For example, I havn't really got to grips with fxcm's strategy trader package and despite their otherwise excellence Dukascopy's package is a joke. Marketscope and PRT are enough for me, just adapt. :)

Hi truth seeker
Can u be a little more specific why you don't like charts so I can pass it on
Also what do u feel about rest of platform
Tks Peter

Hi black swan
I agree with you but the point is, is that we as trading company should be able to
Provide our clients with a free first class trading package and that is our aim.
Where we are different is that we have built our own charts that are built into our platform they are not from third party vendor.
We have very passionate team that love charting and want to get it right and we will .
Getting there and we are as passionate about charts as our clients
Cheers Peter

A suggestion, based on my own experience; I trade off Marketscope charts (in as much as I place orders through them with dbfx/fxcm), but have pro real time purring happily in the background for part of my swing/position FX decision making. I love certain features with the PRT package, particularly the alerts linked to my wav files, when conditions are met for me to make a decision/take an action they chime, I jump to action, Pavlov's dog decision making? ;)

I'm therefore taking decisions based on other charts to my brokers', but using theirs to take the trades. There's no compulsion for using your brokers' charts, often it's simply personal preference. For example, I havn't really got to grips with fxcm's strategy trader package and despite their otherwise excellence Dukascopy's package is a joke. Marketscope and PRT are enough for me, just adapt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.