CMC Markets Old platform users beware

Keep the thread updated if you get the media on board

Evening all,

Just came across this thread and see the last post is over a month old, has the issue been resolved, currently use CMC myself.

OOPS, sorry about that, just found the rest ( must be getting late), will have some reading to do to catch up.

Night.

Re: CMC Markets next gen platform.

Hi There Peakoil
Good day.
To answer your question. We do not require customers to re-sign as new customers whenever an update is made to the next gen. trading platform. What is a compliance issue is that old clients that are still using market maker platform that want to trade on new next gen platform have to sign new terms and conditions because the new platform is technically different to use so new account terms have to be signed. Yesterday we launched next gen charting, a new release and all existing clients of next gen platform got the new technology without signing anything. It is just the migration process from market maker to next gen platform that is the issue.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment.
regards Peter
RE forcing old customers to sign up as new customers again:

"Sorry about that but it is a compliance issue more than business issue!"

Excuse me there boss, but please do now *explicitly state*, so that all interested parties may verify same with their own eyes, once and for all to settle this, the exact legislation/statutory instrument etc. which requires CMC to re-sign up old customers as new customers whenever an update is made to the trading platform.

I for one await with great interest your response to this request.

Thank you in advance.

Hi again all, got about half way through the thread and realised you are in the UK.

PC at CMC Markets, will this come to effect Australia?

Re: CMC Markets next gen platform

Hi Wellsy

Yes we have global release programme for next generation technology.
Uk it is spread bet and cfds and rest of the world it is cfds.
we begin roll out globally of next gen technology from January onwards not sure when Australia will get it because we have combined cfd and physical share front end in Australia so there is a little more integration work.
Really excited about this global roll out. I love our next gen technology and it appears so do our clients as we are doing three times more business in UK than a year ago on the new technology. Next Gen charting which we released yesterday should also give us a boost.

thanks for taking the time to blog.
regards Peter

Hi again all, got about half way through the thread and realised you are in the UK.

PC at CMC Markets, will this come to effect Australia?

Hi There Peakoil
Good day.
To answer your question. We do not require customers to re-sign as new customers whenever an update is made to the next gen. trading platform. What is a compliance issue is that old clients that are still using market maker platform that want to trade on new next gen platform have to sign new terms and conditions because the new platform is technically different to use so new account terms have to be signed. Yesterday we launched next gen charting, a new release and all existing clients of next gen platform got the new technology without signing anything. It is just the migration process from market maker to next gen platform that is the issue.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment.
regards Peter

Thank you good sir for taking the time to comment on my query, however, in all fairness you didn't quite answer my query! That is, could you not specifically state the law in question behind CMC's move so that those of us who are competent in this area can see for themselves that CMC indeed must make old customers re-sign up as new customers? Otherwise it could be argued that as many updates of Marketmaker were technically different from former releases (e.g. when new features were added or changed in your Marketmaker s/w over the years), why did you not make old customers sign up as new customers at those times?

Without stating the exact law which is causing you to force old customers to re-sign up as new customers, you are leaving this issue open not only to question at best & even conspiracy at worst, but also annoying many old customers for no good reason that they may judge for themselves. It is not at all good enough, it is argued, simply to blame it on the regulatory bodies - without stating what regulation precisely is causing you to do this! And furthermore - should you not state the law/regulation behind this frankly bizarre move, you are leaving many of us wonder what ulterior motives etc., lay behind your making long term customers sign up as new customers. Is there even a precedent to your forcing old customers to re-sign up in the UK spread-betting industry?

I remain very much doubtful, without notice of the precise legislation that is causing your company to act in the said way, whether in fact CMC would face any retribution whatsoever for simply allowing old customers to read and click accept to new terms & conditions. And I still believe that in the absence of any stated regulation, old customers need not have to re-sign up at all. We very much should be allowed to continue as customers without being forced to sign up as new customers again. And with all due respect, nothing you've said so far has convinced me otherwise.

Dear Peakoil
Firstly we are not forcing clients to do anything. They have the choice to stay on the old platform or work on the new platform. It is their choice. There is no plan to close the old platform so really you have a choice to stay where you are or move over to next gen platform. Just on a technical point, we are not asking old clients to sign up as new clients, we are asking old clients if they want to trade on next gen technology they must sign new terms and conditions. they remain old clients but using new technology. just a small point but wanted to be clear.
The new platform is technically different from the old one and this has to be reflected in our terms and conditions.
one technical difference for example is that all trades are executed electronically so we had to change the terms to reflect this. there are a lot of technical differences between the old platform and next gen and these have to be reflected in new terms.
I accept that it is annoying for existing customers but the response rate has been very strong and generally our existing customers understand the issues and have been signing the new terms and conditions.

are you an existing customer? an old customer? or a potential new customer?
tks Peter

Thank you good sir for taking the time to comment on my query, however, in all fairness you didn't quite answer my query! That is, could you not specifically state the law in question behind CMC's move so that those of us who are competent in this area can see for themselves that CMC indeed must make old customers re-sign up as new customers? Otherwise it could be argued that as many updates of Marketmaker were technically different from former releases (e.g. when new features were added or changed in your Marketmaker s/w over the years), why did you not make old customers sign up as new customers at those times?

Without stating the exact law which is causing you to force old customers to re-sign up as new customers, you are leaving this issue open not only to question at best & even conspiracy at worst, but also annoying many old customers for no good reason that they may judge for themselves. It is not at all good enough, it is argued, simply to blame it on the regulatory bodies - without stating what regulation precisely is causing you to do this! And furthermore - should you not state the law/regulation behind this frankly bizarre move, you are leaving many of us wonder what ulterior motives etc., lay behind your making long term customers sign up as new customers. Is there even a precedent to your forcing old customers to re-sign up in the UK spread-betting industry?

I remain very much doubtful, without notice of the precise legislation that is causing your company to act in the said way, whether in fact CMC would face any retribution whatsoever for simply allowing old customers to read and click accept to new terms & conditions. And I still believe that in the absence of any stated regulation, old customers need not have to re-sign up at all. We very much should be allowed to continue as customers without being forced to sign up as new customers again. And with all due respect, nothing you've said so far has convinced me otherwise.

Thank you Mr. Cruddas, as that is a very interesting post. Yours is the 66th post on this thread and for the first time you've clarified a couple of points which were arguably not clarified formerly on this thread:

1) "we are not asking old clients to sign up as new clients, we are asking old clients if they want to trade on next gen technology they must sign new terms and conditions. they remain old clients but using new technology."

AND

2) "There is no plan to close the old platform so really you have a choice to stay where you are or move over to next gen platform"

Please know that I was told by one of your employees by telephone last week that Marketmaker will be closed at some point in December, the exact date not being finalised as of yet, and that if I wanted to continue as a customer I would have to sign up as a "new" customer which she brushed over as only taking a few minutes to complete. I'm confident that there are others reading this who've a similar experience. I stated that I had no desire to sign up as a new customer.

Nonetheless, I am now at last very happy to know now that you, being the boss of CMC, are allowing those who wish to trade on using Marketmaker to do so, if they do not wish to change to the new platform. Thank you very much for putting that on record and clarifying that point, and also for making those of us who felt forced to sign up as new customers that we need not feel that way at all. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is happy enough with Marketmaker, and will continue to use it rather than join another spread better.

Lastly, I have been with you since you were Deal4Free. And I must congratulate you on your personal success. I read your story in an interview you did many years ago and it is most impressive. Alas, I have not always been happy as a customer, as I too have experienced the gremlins (lengthy delays/frozen tickets/freezeouts etc.) that others have spoken of at times when I was otherwise having luck on my side. But when things worked, I would not have wanted to bet with any competitor. And that at least is a credit to your company. Thank you Mr. Cruddas.

Hasn't it already been stated somewhere that the old platform is closing in December?

I'd like to know what's going to happen to the Investor Edition platform.

Hi

Can't find pivot points on the new chart software will this be comming soon?

Thanks

Tim

Re: CMC Markets next gen charts

Hi Tim3
Good morning and hope you are wearing your thermals today as it is a bit breezy and cold. going to get colder for the weekend. supposed to be playing golf but might be a bit cold for an old geezer like me.

to answer your points re charts.
we have another release coming out shortly after Christmas these will include
Fib extensions
ichi moko clouds
pivot points

we have a programme to constantly improve the charts. For your information we have some real fanatics in our charting area who want us to add all sorts of tools and studies and we will get there in the end just have a constant programme to keep updating the charts. we are committed to having the best charts out there.

can I ask you what do you think of our new charts would be good to get some feed back.

going to have nespresso now to warm me up.

cheers Peter
Hi

Can't find pivot points on the new chart software will this be comming soon?

Thanks

Tim

Re: CMC Markets Old platform users

Hi Ross

if you look back further in this thread I have issued a statement saying we have no plans to close market maker. I know there are a lot of fans out there of the old platform and we want to support our loyal customers as much as we can. I suppose at some stage in the future head of I.T will come knocking on my door and say look we need to support only one technology system but I am not expecting that for a long time yet. Simply because I.T has a global roll out programme for next gen technology across our 17 global offices worldwide. They have enough to worry about getting next gen out there across the world. So all I am saying now, lets be clear there are no immediate plans to close down market maker but I am also saying that it is likely in the future that market maker will have to go. To be honest it might be possible for us to keep market maker open indefinitely but any new developments for technology will be on next gen platform not on market maker so it will probably be better for our clients to migrate but lets see. That I think you would agree is only practical but no need to worry for now.
trying to be open and honest with you guys that is why I am taking the time to blog and answer your questions personally.
have a nice day and good luck with your trading
Peter

Hasn't it already been stated somewhere that the old platform is closing in December?

I'd like to know what's going to happen to the Investor Edition platform.

Re: CMC Markets next gen platform

Dear Peakoil

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my points and thanks for being a loyal customers through the bad times and the good times. I have responded further on this thread regarding old platform so you can see my points there. Hope that makes it clear.

What I have to say is that we do not accept new clients on the old spread bet platform any more so all new clients have to sign up to new platform. The migration rate from the old platform to new platform of existing customers has been very strong. Primarily I think because of our automated execution, transaction (margin) stop loss facility, no-requotes and the iphone app. Next gen is definitely more popular than the old platform compared to a year ago and eventually there might only be a handful of existing clients on old gen it but time will tell. at the moment there are enough existing clients to maintain the old system on a commercial basis for us and of course we want to support our old clients as much as possible.

We as a company have to keep pace with new technology and client needs and that is why we have built next gen technology. It is I believe the best platform we have ever producted. I really think it is the best out there but of course I am bias.

Thank you for your kind words about my success. Very much appreciated. You should know that I am working full time at CMC Markets, it is still my baby, I still love the company and I want to work here for the next 20 years. I am 57 now so hopefully my health will allow that. I am hands on. I think these blogs prove that I am still heavily involved with the business.

If there are any further issues you have with the platform, compliance etc let me know and I will happy to arrange for you to meet our head of compliance and anybody else you need to meet. We can also have a coffee as well.

In the meantime thanks for being a loyal customer, good luck with your trading and best wishes to you and your family.

Peter
Thank you Mr. Cruddas, as that is a very interesting post. Yours is the 66th post on this thread and for the first time you've clarified a couple of points which were arguably not clarified formerly on this thread:

1) "we are not asking old clients to sign up as new clients, we are asking old clients if they want to trade on next gen technology they must sign new terms and conditions. they remain old clients but using new technology."

AND

2) "There is no plan to close the old platform so really you have a choice to stay where you are or move over to next gen platform"

Please know that I was told by one of your employees by telephone last week that Marketmaker will be closed at some point in December, the exact date not being finalised as of yet, and that if I wanted to continue as a customer I would have to sign up as a "new" customer which she brushed over as only taking a few minutes to complete. I'm confident that there are others reading this who've a similar experience. I stated that I had no desire to sign up as a new customer.

Nonetheless, I am now at last very happy to know now that you, being the boss of CMC, are allowing those who wish to trade on using Marketmaker to do so, if they do not wish to change to the new platform. Thank you very much for putting that on record and clarifying that point, and also for making those of us who felt forced to sign up as new customers that we need not feel that way at all. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is happy enough with Marketmaker, and will continue to use it rather than join another spread better.

Lastly, I have been with you since you were Deal4Free. And I must congratulate you on your personal success. I read your story in an interview you did many years ago and it is most impressive. Alas, I have not always been happy as a customer, as I too have experienced the gremlins (lengthy delays/frozen tickets/freezeouts etc.) that others have spoken of at times when I was otherwise having luck on my side. But when things worked, I would not have wanted to bet with any competitor. And that at least is a credit to your company. Thank you Mr. Cruddas.

Peter

You have asked for feedback on the new release of the charting package. I can certainly affirm that it is significantly better than the initial offering. However, I want to PLEAD with you to ask your I.T. people to change something.

There are now the options to change the interval and to change the amount of time displayed. This is fine, but when you change the interval (e.g. to daily bars) the software chooses a time period for you (6 months). If you then want to show less daily bars to make the chart bigger, you select, say, 1 month, the software then changes it to hourly bars!!!

Why does this matter? Well it matters a lot because what I would like to do is display a small chart with just a few bars on it. The software refuses to let me do this because it insists on telling me how many bars I must display.

As an ex-I.T. man myself, I cannot think of any reason why the software cannot allow me to choose daily bars and then 1 month (for example). I would then see nice big bars which would be much kinder on my tired old eyes.

Thank you.

Hi Swandro
Just had some hot soup so cold today wrap up warm because it is coldddd out there.
Regarding your points about charts I asked Craig our charting guru to comment
these are his points.
We need more data points in the charts which we are building and this will allow you greater flexibility in regards to time frame and intervals you require.
I think you will get the fix in January but it is definitely on its way.
thanks for the feed back do you like the easy to use buttons for studies and overlays. I think it makes charting so much easier. also the different colours to pick out patterns.
We have also included spread charts so you can monitor our spreads throughout the day. The point of this is that you can compare our consistent spreads against head line spreads that seem to be the vogue at moment.
Have a nice day
peter

Peter

You have asked for feedback on the new release of the charting package. I can certainly affirm that it is significantly better than the initial offering. However, I want to PLEAD with you to ask your I.T. people to change something.

There are now the options to change the interval and to change the amount of time displayed. This is fine, but when you change the interval (e.g. to daily bars) the software chooses a time period for you (6 months). If you then want to show less daily bars to make the chart bigger, you select, say, 1 month, the software then changes it to hourly bars!!!

Why does this matter? Well it matters a lot because what I would like to do is display a small chart with just a few bars on it. The software refuses to let me do this because it insists on telling me how many bars I must display.

As an ex-I.T. man myself, I cannot think of any reason why the software cannot allow me to choose daily bars and then 1 month (for example). I would then see nice big bars which would be much kinder on my tired old eyes.

Thank you.

If you're looking for suggestions: Heikin-Ashi candles, two markets on the same chart, and the ability to change background colour.

We have also included spread charts so you can monitor our spreads throughout the day. The point of this is that you can compare our consistent spreads against head line spreads that seem to be the vogue at moment.
Have a nice day
peter

Yes, like the bid/offer facility, but I still think the actual spreads could be narrower. WS now zero spread for larger accounts and Spreadco 0.8pt on main indices.

Hi Peter

Thanks for looking into my request and I look forward to the fix in January. You are definitely heading in the right direction with the charting tools. I agree it is easy to select the studies and apply them.

One other thing - can the charts have the usual minimise/maximise buttons? If you have a few charts open, sometimes you want to hide one for a bit, or maximise it for a closer look. The only adjustment tool at the moment appears to be the one that lets you resize it.

Thanks

Thank you very much Mr. Cruddas for your kind invitation, which I might just take you up on one of these days! May I also say, regardless of any criticism I've given, that It's absolutely brilliant that we have you here on this forum and it really shows a most exceptionally compelling confidence in your company that you are personally taking the time to answer customers' queries, when the vast majority of CEO's hide behind a smokescreen of 'gatekeepers', press releases and bureaucracy etc. Thank you, Mr. Cruddas, for taking the time to show that you listen & care about how we customers feel. Well done sir!

Hi Ross
way out of my league when it comes to charts but I will pass onto the people that might know what you are talking about.
Hope you are well
peter
If you're looking for suggestions: Heikin-Ashi candles, two markets on the same chart, and the ability to change background colour.

Hi Peakoil

It is my pleasure and of course I care. Clients make our business and unless we listen to them we will just go backwards. You are more than welcome to a coffee with me any time in our offices and by the way my name is Peter.

Was going to play golf on Saturday but think it will be too cold so might have to do some Christmas shopping instead.

Have a nice day
regards Peter

Thank you very much Mr. Cruddas for your kind invitation, which I might just take you up on one of these days! May I also say, regardless of any criticism I've given, that It's absolutely brilliant that we have you here on this forum and it really shows a most exceptionally compelling confidence in your company that you are personally taking the time to answer customers' queries, when the vast majority of CEO's hide behind a smokescreen of 'gatekeepers', press releases and bureaucracy etc. Thank you, Mr. Cruddas, for taking the time to show that you listen & care about how we customers feel. Well done sir!