Climate Change

The truth appears to be a painful concept for remoaners, if you lost, you lost, campaign to win again, until that time that you win again, you are a loser.

If you deliberately go about dismantling or perverting the democratic process in an attempt to overturn that truth, then why would the winners be expected to be tolerant of that?

Oops wrong thread [emoji16]

See? There you go, q.e.d.

This is intolerance (in the correct thread this time). If you are not with us and our views, then we will shut you down, that's intolerance.

In fact this is a fine thread for pointing out the intolerance of the ecomaniacs, if you don't agree with them, you will be de-platformed, silenced, no debate, no discussion, your lives will be disrupted until you conform, that is the real face of intolerance, manifested to the point of violence and law breaking, it's not clear how you can support such an intolerant view?

They have now moved onto using animals as an excuse for their protests, no longer content with just children, the irony is that they would say nothing of the cruelty of religious slaughter and the suffering of animals because of it, most of them are likely to be intersectionalists and would be completely baffled if that was pointed out to them.

Strange how tolerance only applies to certain sections of society and not to others.

Last edited:
It may come as a surprise to the denyers of climate change but the 10 hottest years ever recorded came in the last 12 years !!

Even the speeds of some hurricanes has increased alarmingly.

Last edited:
It may come as a surprise to the denyers of climate change but the 10 hottest years ever recorded came in the last 12 years !!. . .
Hi Pat,
That's a akin to saying that the S&P500 has achieved successive new highs in a bull market. Ya don't say!

The issue isn't whether or not the climate is changing - clearly it is - it always has and it always will. The issue isn't even whether it's getting warmer, which appears to be the case; sceptics like me aren't denying either of these two points. What I question is the extent to which it's changing and the extent to which said change is directly caused by wo/man and Co2 emissions. That's the issue. It's worth remembering that scientists know that the earth has been much hotter in the past than it is now and that Co2 levels have been two or three times higher than they are now. In that context, there's nothing especially unusual about current temperatures or Co2 levels.
Tim.

Hi Pat,
That's a akin to saying that the S&P500 has achieved successive new highs in a bull market. Ya don't say!

The issue isn't whether or not the climate is changing - clearly it is - it always has and it always will. The issue isn't even whether it's getting warmer, which appears to be the case; sceptics like me aren't denying either of these two points. What I question is the extent to which it's changing and the extent to which said change is directly caused by wo/man and Co2 emissions. That's the issue. It's worth remembering that scientists know that the earth has been much hotter in the past than it is now and that Co2 levels have been two or three times higher than they are now. In that context, there's nothing especially unusual about current temperatures or Co2 levels.
Tim.

yes, absolutely. Trouble is that any continuing change may well cause us major problems whether or not it stays within “normal limits”. It seems to me that whether or not it’s our fault (let alone whether we can hope to halt the change if it is) is incidental to what we might face. Rather than engaging in maybe futile attempts to halt the change it seems better to concentrate on those potential problems and prepare for them.

There are SO many problems that are growing worse and worse. Maybe they will all strike at once into a perfect storm and overwhelm us.
So ! The point is surely obvious and that is to do what we can as soon as possible and defeat each problem as quickly as possible,
Our dear leaders who are central to doing something as they control finances etc, are in fact largely wasting their country's money on worse weapons of mass destruction while the planet is under such threats as:-
1. Climate chsnge
2. Over population
3. Destruction of the planet's natural resources.
4. War
5. Plague
6. etc.

World leaders should meet more often and try to tackle these problems effectively.
Hopefully the people will NOT elect the incompetent and the bad people to top positions of trust.

There are SO many problems that are growing worse and worse. Maybe they will all strike at once into a perfect storm and overwhelm us.
So ! The point is surely obvious and that is to do what we can as soon as possible and defeat each problem as quickly as possible,
Our dear leaders who are central to doing something as they control finances etc, are in fact largely wasting their country's money on worse weapons of mass destruction while the planet is under such threats as:-
1. Climate chsnge
2. Over population
4. War
5. Plague
6. CAPITALISM

World leaders should meet more often and try to tackle these problems effectively.
Hopefully the people will NOT elect the incompetent and the bad people to top positions of trust.

Accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few...

Capitalism breeds disposable production...

Capitalism is at the root cause of 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and 5 with over use of antibiotics (95% of all ABs given to healthy animals wich we eat).

Some people need a reality check!

1. Climate chsnge
2. Over population
4. War
5. Plague
6. CAPITALISM

Accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few...

Capitalism breeds disposable production...

Capitalism is at the root cause of 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and 5 with over use of antibiotics (95% of all ABs given to healthy animals wich we eat).

Some people need a reality check!
And without capitalism we’d all still be living in the dark ages which might (or might not) be good for the planet but horrible for us.

XR is nothing to do with the climate, otherwise we would be having open conversations/debate about it.

Why would Soros and his fellow billionaires be involved if it wasn't about power and control?

XR is nothing to do with the climate, otherwise we would be having open conversations/debate about it.

Why would Soros and his fellow billionaires be involved if it wasn't about power and control?
Cue the latest vid' from our friend Carl Benjamin. As an aside, I read a great comment recently along these lines: 'Oh the irony, people in Hong Kong are taking to the streets to protest against communism, while in London people are taking to the streets to demand it'.
Enjoy the vid' . . .

I don't understand why Piers Morgan gets such a lot of grief and is so disliked - I think he's great . . .

I don't understand why Piers Morgan gets such a lot of grief and is so disliked - I think he's great . . .

I'm with you all the way there Timsk. There are all these perfectly decent folk trying to their bit and they come in for such a load of stick that you'd think they were the Devil himself. People like Trump are working hard to further a cause and history is full of similar people who have been reviled for doing just that - Margaret Thatcher, Pétain, Eichmann, Mosley, Hitler, Stalin, Beria, PolPot - and the parade goes on and on. I'm certain that in future, more enlightened times, that we'll be able to see these paragons for what they truly are....unless of course we've been wiped out by the items on Pat's To-Do list.

We all know about the ills of illegal and legal loggers clearing forests from the planet just to make a dirty buck.
Closer to home there is the case of mink being farmed in Britain to make dirty money. Now they have escaped and absolutely destroy the native environment around the rivers they currently occupy. They eat all the fish, frogs etc. and even raid the nests of birds. The environmental extremists have let them escape on purpose too.
You can't eat money or breathe CO2, capitalists.
I will try and find the article about dwindling fish stocks from over fishing and pollution.

Last edited:
...unless of course we've been wiped out by the items on Pat's To-Do list.
Is it my imagination, or do I detect a note of sarcasm in your post cant'? A semi-serious question as you appear to be lobbing Piers Morgan, Thatcher, Trump, Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot into the same melting pot! Sorry if I'm being thick and not getting the joke - assuming that's what it is.
Tim.

We all know about the ills of illegal and legal loggers clearing forests from the planet just to make a dirty buck.
Closer to home there is the case of mink being farmed in Britain to make dirty money. Now they have escaped and absolutely destroy the native environment around the rivers they currently occupy. They eat all the fish, frogs etc. and even raid the nests of birds. The environmental extremists have let them escape on purpose too.
You can't eat money or breathe CO2, capitalists.
I will try and find the article about dwindling fish stocks from over fishing and pollution.

Here's an article about over-fishing for starters: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ize-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/

And without capitalism we’d all still be living in the dark ages which might (or might not) be good for the planet but horrible for us.

Maybe. Difficult to know what we may have in the absence of capitalism.

Inefficient production but toned down extinction. Who knows?

I don't think there is much dispute in acknowledging we have entered diseconomies of scale with Capitalism. :geek:

Dreadful man. What's the point of having hosts. Asks questions and answers them him self. Talks too much.