Climate Change

Rejecting the science of climate change is clearly dangerous and ridiculous.
If it gets out of control we are cooked like Venus and Dump's billions won't make any difference.
Don't burn our house down please.

Portugal forest fires kill 62 near Coimbra

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40316934

_96534508_fire.jpg

Frequency of natural disaster increasing imo. Or is it just an illusionary false perception compared to the 70s, 80s and 90s???

:(

Letter to Donald Trump,

Don't be a dummy.

Paris agreement will bite you in the ass when California goes up in smoke again.

Make us great again soon, please sir (y)

At least, from what I hear so far, Trump hasn't tried to raise any scientific backing for his position. Because I suspect he can't and daren't try.

This suggests its just a money and power game, and that his objections will vanish if these objectives can be paid off. I just don't think it should be anyone outside the US who pays the bill. He's not president of anywhere else.

At least, from what I hear so far, Trump hasn't tried to raise any scientific backing for his position. Because I suspect he can't and daren't try.

This suggests its just a money and power game, and that his objections will vanish if these objectives can be paid off. I just don't think it should be anyone outside the US who pays the bill. He's not president of anywhere else.

Yep agreed. One analyst on RT station really nailed it. She said Trump has gone on the easy vanity trail and totally lost the plot. Banning muslims and reapealling Obama Care were low priority. His won the election and his still pandering to his red neck supporters.

Missed opportunity she said to go for the tax cuts and infrastructure spending which really would have thrust US forward.

She commented he could then have the wall and medicare on slow back burner seeing them through.

But as we all know, DT is an absolute disaster much like our TM style of management.

I feel it's not too late for us to stop the madness and move away from these two disastrous politicians and so called populism tosh. :(

Last edited:
A further theory - Trump's apparent scepticism re global warming is a signal to his conservative Christian supporters. They are very sceptical, and their number includes Christian scientists (apparently there can be such a thing) who are perhaps the last qualified people to oppose the theory that global warming is man-made.

A further theory - Trump's apparent scepticism re global warming is a signal to his conservative Christian supporters. They are very sceptical, and their number includes Christian scientists (apparently there can be such a thing) who are perhaps the last qualified people to oppose the theory that global warming is man-made.

The biggest objection from conservatives stems from the fact that fixing all of this would cost money. In addition, evangelicals believe that the Rapture is just around the corner, so why bother? And it's all part of God's plan anyway.

:rolleyes:

The biggest objection from conservatives stems from the fact that fixing all of this would cost money. In addition, evangelicals believe that the Rapture is just around the corner, so why bother? And it's all part of God's plan anyway.

:rolleyes:

Exactly. The evangelical movement isn't known or understood over there, maybe not in Europe either. It only clicked for me when I saw that the flat-earthers are committed Christians, not just potty elderly eccentrics.

Exactly. The evangelical movement isn't known or understood over there, maybe not in Europe either. It only clicked for me when I saw that the flat-earthers are committed Christians, not just potty elderly eccentrics.

What do they say about those pictures of Earth from Space? :rolleyes:

I suppose there must be lots of demand for moving movies like this one.

Last edited:
NASA conspiracy. Like the moon landings.

I have questions about the moon landings actually? Not 100% on that one.

However, recent space expeditions obviously not. Either photoshop has improved or space travel really is true.

Oh I believe in Branson and Bezo too doubt they spend millions on space projects as a hobby to fool people. Comonnn they're businessmen, not politicians :)

I have questions about the moon landings actually? Not 100% on that one.

Well I was prepared to think about the logistics and difficulties of faking the moon landings, seems like harmless anti-government slightly deranged and rather jovial eccentricity.
Until I realised the Christian church backs these people. The church is not eccentric. The word that comes to mind now is sinister.

You should find a copy of a movie called Capricorn One. Excellent example of the conspiracies-everywhere period we went through in the 70s.

Well I was prepared to think about the logistics and difficulties of faking the moon landings, seems like harmless anti-government slightly deranged and rather jovial eccentricity.
Until I realised the Christian church backs these people. The church is not eccentric. The word that comes to mind now is sinister.

Sinister would not be what comes to my mind old boy.

All through out history when ever science challenged the authority of religious nobs, the challenger would be dealth with one way or another. In fact if one had a blocked up nose and ones mummy made one mint tea to help relieve the symptoms of stuffiness then anyone hearing of this treatment will report the discovery and ones mother would be duly dipped into a pond all tied up. If she floated she'd be cast as a witch and burned alive and if she drowned then they had made a mistake with the lady.

As for the moon landing, don't you think its all very staged. I was thinking one of two things.

1. US did go to the moon but staged the filming as they didn't want the Russians have it for free which could help them in their space program

2. US just simply didn't go at all but wanted to beat the Russian into claiming they had.

3. I wonder why there have been no other such manned missions to the moon as I envisage it's easy enough with our level of technohow.

Those pictures definitely not right. The flag fully opened up in a square shape just doesn't add up to the physics of it all. No background no nothing. Compare to more recent photos of space and the skyline is just not there.

Those pictures definitely not right. The flag fully opened up in a square shape just doesn't add up to the physics of it all. No background no nothing. Compare to more recent photos of space and the skyline is just not there.

This has all been debunked. There is no wind and very little gravity on the moon. No reason why the flag wouldn't be standing exactly as it was opened.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/m...s-database/apollo-moon-landing-pictures-fake/

https://mythresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

FYI, one can find holes in any theory, including creation and evolution theories.

Peter

This has all been debunked. There is no wind and very little gravity on the moon. No reason why the flag wouldn't be standing exactly as it was opened.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/m...s-database/apollo-moon-landing-pictures-fake/

https://mythresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

FYI, one can find holes in any theory, including creation and evolution theories.

Peter

Forgive me but those debunked bold red text and explanations are comical to say the least.

1. The MythBusters explained that the shadows were not parallel because of the way the light falls on the Moon’s natural topography.

I find it impossilbe to accept this as an academic. It's nonsense? :LOL:

I don't see the explanation. Because of the way light falls on the moon... Says who? FGS what a load of tosh.

One must ask what is the because? Explanation is bull. Think about it???

2. The MythBusters explained that Armstrong was visible because of ambient light being reflected off of the Moon’s surface.

Once again because of ambient light being reflected. What ambient light. Ambient light bouncing off what exactly. What were the sources of light?

Once again comical piece of total rubbish.

3. In vacuum conditions, manipulating the flag caused it to flap vigorously as if it were being blown by a breeze. This demonstrated that a flag could appear to wave in a vacuum, as the Apollo flag did.

Well of course it would flap if the flag is manipulated. Totally ignores gravity, dismissing it saying there is very little. Not so. There is gravity on the moon otherwise when they jump they wouldn't be able to land back down. We see them hopping around and landing back down.

A body continues in straight line forever, unless acted upon by a force. If a flag is moving to one side, it would continue to wrap it self round the pole. What force would it cause it to flap? ie move in the opposite direction?

I think anyone who's done physics will realise these explanations are more dismissals than proof.

What ridiculous explanations... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Forgive me but those debunked bold red text and explanations are comical to say the least.

1. The MythBusters explained that the shadows were not parallel because of the way the light falls on the Moon’s natural topography.

I find it impossilbe to accept this as an academic. It's nonsense? :LOL:

I don't see the explanation. Because of the way light falls on the moon... Says who? FGS what a load of tosh.

One must ask what is the because? Explanation is bull. Think about it???

2. The MythBusters explained that Armstrong was visible because of ambient light being reflected off of the Moon’s surface.

Once again because of ambient light being reflected. What ambient light. Ambient light bouncing off what exactly. What were the sources of light?

Once again comical piece of total rubbish.

3. In vacuum conditions, manipulating the flag caused it to flap vigorously as if it were being blown by a breeze. This demonstrated that a flag could appear to wave in a vacuum, as the Apollo flag did.

Well of course it would flap if the flag is manipulated. Totally ignores gravity, dismissing it saying there is very little. Not so. There is gravity on the moon otherwise when they jump they wouldn't be able to land back down. We see them hopping around and landing back down.

A body continues in straight line forever, unless acted upon by a force. If a flag is moving to one side, it would continue to wrap it self round the pole. What force would it cause it to flap? ie move in the opposite direction?

I think anyone who's done physics will realise these explanations are more dismissals than proof.

What ridiculous explanations... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You say nothing about bouncing a laser off the moon...
How many more debunking stories do you want?

try these links:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...oon-landing-conspiracy-theories-debunked.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-moon-landing-conspiracy-theory-a7122186.html

https://www.thoughtco.com/did-men-really-land-on-moon-3072611

Peter

Do you really think it could have been faked and nobody claims to have been on the team doing the faking? That sort of information always comes out sooner or later.

Peter