Climate Change

Just like California, Australia looks like they are too mean with resources and too incompetent to organise proper bush fire control.

Just like California, Australia looks like they are too mean with resources and too incompetent to organise proper bush fire control.

Well the point I was trying to get across was that the traditional management of the land was done by those who knew the land.
The climate change activists,environmentalists and Govt wouldn't dare upset the apple cart today by being seen to do anything that flew in the face of current policy.

In other words....common sense has died a death, everything everywhere is run by d1ck heads.

You got me Sig', no idea. What story is Lijing Cheng actually telling us?

The headline is "Oceans warmer than ever in recorded human history"

The study is that sea temps have risen since 1955 and 1955 is the earliest recorded sea temperature, so we have approx 70 years of recorded temps which equates to all of 'recorded human history' according to the headline, what has happened in the previous couple of million years to provide some context?

Just an example of a global warming headline that most people will read and not go any further into the report, it's NLP and can safely be discounted as MSM propaganda (although the alt-climate news agrees with the warming, so the study is most probably accurate).

The headline tells us nothing more than it's propaganda.

Apparently the BBC are launching a year (just a year!) of climate crisis programming propaganda, look forward to that.

Poor Attenborough, is he at risk of making himself look stupid? We know that 200 arsonists have been arrested and the forests haven't been managed for a decade because of green policies and pressure groups, yet none of this is mentioned in this report, not much balance or examining the evidence going on here.

"The moment of crisis has come" in efforts to tackle climate change, Sir David Attenborough has warned.
According to the renowned naturalist and broadcaster, "we have been putting things off for year after year".

I agree. Switch off all BBC transmitters at once, we all know how much power they waste.

Apparently the BBC are launching a year (just a year!) of climate crisis programming propaganda, look forward to that.

Poor Attenborough, is he at risk of making himself look stupid? We know that 200 arsonists have been arrested and the forests haven't been managed for a decade because of green policies and pressure groups, yet none of this is mentioned in this report, not much balance or examining the evidence going on here.

I think when these arsonists go to trial - IF that ever happens - they're going to turn out to be local people with strong arguments that they were trying to use deliberate fires to create firebreaks and clear undergrowth and unmanaged secondary growth, which is what, many will say, the authorities should have been doing or allowing them to do in the first place. I think its a good point.

I agree. Switch off all BBC transmitters at once, we all know how much power they waste.

I watched the BBC news last night (I've relented to pay for a TV licence again as an inspector knocked on the door at 8pm on a Friday and was asking to come in to check compliance, I was having a party so you can imagine my response with 2 fingers, however I can't be arsed with the future inconvenience of these high pressure b*stards knocking again!).

Attenborough was headline news which then led onto their 'climate science' correspondant leading onto other climate related subjects and to be honest I'm not sure which planet they are referring to or the age and education levels of their audience (this was the 10pm news, so children should be in bed by then), their narrative does not make any coherent sense (and I was sober).

Today we see reports about how the electric grid cannot sustain EV charging for electric cars in the UK, something that has been talked about for a decade now, with no progress, how they think we are going to be able to switch from driving on fossil fuels without additional power stations to power it all, plus add in home heating electric boilers and everything else turning electric, without the infrastructure the plan is doomed.

£Billions wasted already on reducing CO2, which may turn out to be a red herring, it really is turning into a joke.

I'm disappointed in you lot.....especially you Sig. Over on the Brexit thread they're getting on for 2K past the Best-Before number and you've been doing sterling work in keeping the undead...erm...well, undead, I spose. Can't you sharpen your quill and use your rapier like wit to rejuvenate this 'ere increasingly tired old knacker?

In the spirit of Climate Change and similar fractal extremes, I feel I must do something to help throw at least a mewling kitten amongst the pigeons...I know SG, I know, the word count is pushing yr limits but the end is nigh - not for all of us but merely this rantlet....

Extreme variations in temperature across the globe were posited as being symptoms of ocean temperature rises over 20 years ago, so for me, too hot is neatly balanced by too cold elsewhere...another aspect is (or so I believe) the Too Wet, Too Dry thing.

....and since I've started: I know that this is not strictly "weather" but I was amused to see that there's a new TV series out that addresses the aftermath of a modern Carrington Event, a phenomenon around which there is NO doubt. This will happen and the chances of one coming to call within the life-times of even the most elderly amongst the T2W dinosaurs are startlingly high. This won't be a gradual decline over decades (as Climate Change appears to be) but a real on/off event - Lights on one day and off the next.

Are the governments of the world doing anything about planning for this, I wonder.

Over to you Sig :)

I'm disappointed in you lot.....especially you Sig. Over on the Brexit thread they're getting on for 2K past the Best-Before number and you've been doing sterling work in keeping the undead...erm...well, undead, I spose. Can't you sharpen your quill and use your rapier like wit to rejuvenate this 'ere increasingly tired old knacker?

In the spirit of Climate Change and similar fractal extremes, I feel I must do something to help throw at least a mewling kitten amongst the pigeons...I know SG, I know, the word count is pushing yr limits but the end is nigh - not for all of us but merely this rantlet....

Extreme variations in temperature across the globe were posited as being symptoms of ocean temperature rises over 20 years ago, so for me, too hot is neatly balanced by too cold elsewhere...another aspect is (or so I believe) the Too Wet, Too Dry thing.

....and since I've started: I know that this is not strictly "weather" but I was amused to see that there's a new TV series out that addresses the aftermath of a modern Carrington Event, a phenomenon around which there is NO doubt. This will happen and the chances of one coming to call within the life-times of even the most elderly amongst the T2W dinosaurs are startlingly high. This won't be a gradual decline over decades (as Climate Change appears to be) but a real on/off event - Lights on one day and off the next.

Are the governments of the world doing anything about planning for this, I wonder.

I hope you are heading to Benidorm for the once-in-a-lifetime snow event, a cheap return to Alicante will only loosen you £9.99 on Ryanair, they are even throwing in free use of the toilets, now that is tempting! And when you get there, you can make yellow snow, just remember to send a postcard :D

Last edited:

As for Carrington, well the signs are that cycle 25 has started, question is what kind of minimum will it be, will those gamma rays gain enough strength to see off earths magnetosphere allowing a coronal mass ejection to do its worst? Your prediction could be true, we heard it here first folks, ring the Ben's bells for gawds sake guv'nor.

Must report regular sightings of these SkyX, Xsky, satellite thingies, very eerie lights traveling across the dark skies amongst the more spectacular meteorites, either that or the Iranian's have started WW3.