Climate Change

Signalcalc

2,890 593
The new report on the state of the planet is worryingly bad.
No doubt the big 3 world leaders will ignore it and go on wasting shedloads of our money on more weapons.

Not just big world leaders, small one's also, very small one's.

Last edited:
Reactions: wackypete2

Pat494

Legendary member
13,401 1,315
OK so no one is perfect !
But the climate change activists are actually doing something to raise awareness
to world leaders who currently have their heads in the sand.
That must be good for the planet and a much needed PLUS.

Flower Power phase 2 maybe?
Many are unaware of the 1970s effort, which dissolved into a drugs nightmare.

Signalcalc

2,890 593
This is the sort of candid debate you never see on British television and yet appears to have close parallels with what is proposed here, hmmm, carbon taxes smacks of Globalism to me, now if UKGov could just say if they would offset consumption taxes with lower personal or corporate taxes then there might be more believers, until then, carbon taxes remain in the scepticism bin.

Last edited:

Signalcalc

2,890 593
Think of the poor children.

Signalcalc

2,890 593
Who is it exactly that thinks this is an eco friendly way of going about ‘saving the planet’ ? You see fields full of these monstrosities, as bad as the ‘eco friendly’ windmills ruining the landscape. In another 10 years they’ll be removing them as eco disasters because they do nothing for wildlife and bees etc.

Another hoax.

Locals fight back in row over the future of Thomas Hardy country

cantagril

2,035 457
Who is it exactly that thinks this is an eco friendly way of going about ‘saving the planet’ ? You see fields full of these monstrosities, as bad as the ‘eco friendly’ windmills ruining the landscape. In another 10 years they’ll be removing them as eco disasters because they do nothing for wildlife and bees etc.

Another hoax.

Locals fight back in row over the future of Thomas Hardy country

Hmmm. You seem very sure that that a "hoax" is being perpetrated. By whom exactly? ..and why, exactly? Do you think that the world is not warming up? If it is, does it matter? ...and can we either influence this or at least mitigate it?

As to the windmills replacing the greenwood trees, yes, they ain't pretty and they ain't kind to small creatures....but are they as unkind as say, fossil fuel emissions? ...and has anyone said that these same monstrosities represent something permanent?

I don't see any of the panicked rush toward sustainability as being "the solution" but as attempts (only some of which will be partially successful) to reduce the rate of deterioration of our environment to a level at which we might be able to adapt. All the political eco-shenanigans pale into insignificance when compared to what awaits us down the road with population control etc etc.....which leads us neatly back to Hardy and Little Father Time's note to posterity.

If being too many leads to our extinction, the planet will recover embarrassingly quickly and in a few thousand years it will be quite difficult to believe that we were ever here - see what has happened to in the Chernobyl exclusion zone since that particular hoax came undone. We are our own problem and if we comprehensively fuck up the planet the only thing on it which will truly be no longer sustainable (or even viable), is us.

Last edited:

Pat494

Legendary member
13,401 1,315
Most people are aware of the dangers of climate change, over population, pollution etc. but the ignorance of one
man is seriously undermining the efforts to do something about it. It is just a great pity that he is in charge of the 2nd biggest polluting country and when every other country on the planet has signed up to do something about it before it is too late except the idiot's country.

cantagril

2,035 457
Most people are aware of the dangers of climate change, over population, pollution etc. but the ignorance of one
man is seriously undermining the efforts to do something about it. It is just a great pity that he is in charge of the 2nd biggest polluting country and when every other country on the planet has signed up to do something about it before it is too late except the idiot's country.
I would argue the point that "...most people are aware of the dangers of climate change"...etc etc. as human nature makes it far easier to pretend that everything's fine in the garden....or will be sort of OK for the forseeable future, which in most people's case is a very narrow window. The reason why Trump's view of things goes down quite well in the USA is because there are millions of people who either believe what he says or want to believe what he says. They will continue to do so up until the pain threshold is reached, which will be when the tornadoes start laying waste to wider areas and the wildfires kill thousands on a regular basis and so on...but even then, I would guess that there'll still be a large number of people shouting "Hoax!".

Some years ago, I had a sobering conversation with my late uncle on the subject of evolution, which was a huge mistake on my part as I'd forgotten he was a Creationist. Our chat ground to a halt when, having explained to me very patiently that evolution was a hoax, he then went on to dismiss my rebuttal "....but what about the dinosaurs?" with the smug rejoinder "Work of the devil!". This was a man passionately interested in science and technology and by profession a medical doctor but I realised at that moment that our future conversations would have to avoid any reference to God...or Darwin, and his crazy notions. And so it will be with the Trumpist climate-change-denier folks - however inconvenient it may be, nothing will change until it becomes completely ridiculous to continue to suspend disbelief and taking a wild guess, that ain't going to happen until Michelle is president :p

Signalcalc

2,890 593
You guys have the wrong end of the schtick. Climate change agenda is a hoax not climate change.

Climate change is real, it’s the political agenda that is a scam.

cantagril

2,035 457
You guys have the wrong end of the schtick. Climate change agenda is a hoax not climate change.

Climate change is real, it’s the political agenda that is a scam.
Schtick is as schticks are. The political will (however self-serving) to do something about making our candle a tad less brief might be arse about face but "scam" implies that no good is expected. ...or do I have your meaning farce about ace as well?

I take it that you think that what Trump is doing/not doing is not a "scam"?

Signalcalc

2,890 593
Schtick is as schticks are. The political will (however self-serving) to do something about making our candle a tad less brief might be arse about face but "scam" implies that no good is expected. ...or do I have your meaning farce about ace as well?

I take it that you think that what Trump is doing/not doing is not a "scam"?
I’m not really bothered about what Trump isn’t doing, if he isn’t doing anything then he can’t be scamming.

The suspicion lies with the political global climate agenda as set by our current crop of undemocratic and untrustworthy global leaders.

They who are willing to use autistic children in their taxing games is truly shocking.

For a gathering of eco loonies to be telling us the world will end in 10 years is shocking, is as batty as the King James Bible but with real consequences for those young minds that believe the hoax.

The Macrons, Mays, Trudeau’s, Soros’s and Blair’s of the world have lost the trust of many people in their modus operandi, large sections of the global citizenship believe very little that is espoused by our leadership and see the hoax in everything, I just happen to be one of those Gilet Jaunes.

There’s no debate, no discussion, no parlance, no negotiation, there’s plenty of censorship though and that basically tells the story.

The truth is out there somewhere, but it’s not with the politics. So why not a hoax?

Last edited:

cantagril

2,035 457
The truth is out there somewhere, but it’s not with the politics. So why not a hoax?
I sort of follow what you're saying, I think, my mistake was taking "politics" to mean elected politicians. I would not have chosen the word "hoax" so much as "a pack of lies" but then, I was ever a touch semantically challenged.