Climate Change

Atilla

Legendary member
18,773 2,617
Well a dangerous thought struck me on Thursday...

Read newspaper headlines - Heatwave strikes UK for may Bank Holiday.

As one would expect reading a little further into the small print 19C :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

That's a heat wave!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I dunno :rolleyes: maybe you have a point Brumby :)

:cool: Not worried I've got shades on :cool:

Uh oh!!!

Maybe they were right.

Early May Bank Holiday Monday heat record broken

I've got my shades on. Enjoying the bees and butterflies flying all over the place. :)

Pat494

Legendary member
13,491 1,332
I know a long march starts with but a single step, but when you are examine changes to the earth that take place over billions of years data stretching from 1975 is worth near to zilch.

I do agree with you, though, that we might as well assume that humankind is impacting adversely on the planet (not just climate change). Logic suggests that the extent of human activity must be affecting the natural balance so it’s right to tackle it. Easy for those who can afford to do so, however, but try convincing those who are desperately trying to catch-up.
Couples MUST agree to only have 2 children per pair. The current 10 or more in some countries and religions is unsustaiable.

I was interested to see there are scientists growing coral in labs that are more resistant to climate warming and then planting bits of them, on reefs that have been killed.

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
EVERY issue of human existence is not about money (capitalsim) . There's humanity (you know, humane :D), and keeping the planet's resources viable and abundant. Not to mention, where will you spend your millions/billions if the planet is a wasteland? :D

I think when it comes to man-made climate change dismissing the science a seriously flawed (while accepting the science of natural climate cycles) is FLAWED LOGIC. They are both the fruits of science, don't get to pick and chose which is "convenient" for your personal or national economic policy:innocent:

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231
EVERY issue of human existence is not about money (capitalsim) . There's humanity (you know, humane :D), and keeping the planet's resources viable and abundant. Not to mention, where will you spend your millions/billions if the planet is a wasteland? :D

I think when it comes to man-made climate change dismissing the science a seriously flawed (while accepting the science of natural climate cycles) is FLAWED LOGIC. They are both the fruits of science, don't get to pick and chose which is "convenient" for your personal or national economic policy:innocent:
But the clever, smart guys know how to adapt. The big, global companies are working on the future and we, the ordinary people, are still talking about whether it is happening, or not.

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
But the clever, smart guys know how to adapt. The big, global companies are working on the future and we, the ordinary people, are still talking about whether it is happening, or not.
who is working on the future clean energy? who is opposing it? should have been started with earnest few decades..

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231
But they are not looking far enough into the future. The experts reckon that the average global temp. is going to make life extremely difficult for the human race, if it goes 1.5º more. The forecast for that is 12 years.

This means that air travel, for one thing, is going to have to be drastically reduced.

So much worrying about Brexit!!

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231
I can't think what I have done wrong this morning! Did I answer my own post? Must be the climate getting to me!! Ref: #218

Reactions: Atilla

tomorton

Legendary member
7,231 963
I can't think what I have done wrong this morning! Did I answer my own post? Must be the climate getting to me!! Ref: #218

Too much strong coffee today Split?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,491 1,332
Should it start hotting up too quickly I suggest using a natural phenomonem to cool the planet. It is a bit drastic but if people like Trump won't cooperate it may be necessary in the future.

Last edited:

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231
Should it start hotting up too quickly I suggest using a natural phenomiinem to cool the planet. It is a bit drastic but if people like Trump won't cooperate it may be necessary in the future.
It has to come from government. You and me using less water and electricity can't do it. The problem with government legislation is that there will be panic---too much in too little time.

Reactions: wackypete2

Pat494

Legendary member
13,491 1,332
Back in the 19th century there was a massive volcanic explosion which caused a rapid decrease in temperatures.
A huge amount of dust was ejected into the stratosphere. Well dropping a large bomb down an active volcano might cause the same result.

Atilla

Legendary member
18,773 2,617
It could be. I've heard of people talking to themselves but I must be the first to post to himself. :eek:
Yes indeed and it is generally accepted that talking to your self or the wall or any inanimate object is fine.

Psychotic tendencies really start to come out when you start replying and holding conversations with oneself. :idea:

Did make me chuckle though. All the best (y)

I was wondering what Brumby's take on all this global warming is? Is he still lurking in these threads :rolleyes: