City Index Advantage Trader

IMO the platform is potentially the best available for SB, but I have the impression that the stand-alone version uses a lot of computer resources. Could this be affecting execution speed, or is this just a design feature to keep short-term traders under control?
I have already thought of that, I tried setting up the platform on a separate computer, with different OS, but it gave me the same result in execution speed. I have got a very fast computer and Internet connection provider, my trading computer is not wireless either. You can simply not launch such a good platform "professional" and offer an execution speed that is amateurish. No, I don't think that is the case, there are other means of keeping short term traders in line. However, if someone could confirm trading a live city account on the Advantage Trader platform being equal fast as the web application, I might have to reconsider.

Last edited:
I've been trying the Advantage platform and I have to say that I am completely bewildered by it and have gone back to the old platform.

I suppose that I will have to try to get used to it, or stop trading one day, so will have to come back to it later.

My impression was of flashing red and green prices, chart sizes that I don't want. In fact, it put me off my trading.

To be clear. I want a decent chart and am quite capable of marking my order panel with stop and limit levels. In fact, all I want is on the old platform.

My impression that the new platform gives is one full of bells and whistles, bright, flashing colours-- just the job tio impress new clients----Wow!! :clap:

Speed of execution? Did not give it much of a chance, but I was still waiting for one chart to come up when I decided to close out.

Perhaps, Vasco is right and it takes up too much computer space.

I've been trying the Advantage platform and I have to say that I am completely bewildered by it and have gone back to the old platform.

I suppose that I will have to try to get used to it, or stop trading one day, so will have to come back to it later.

My impression was of flashing red and green prices, chart sizes that I don't want. In fact, it put me off my trading.

To be clear. I want a decent chart and am quite capable of marking my order panel with stop and limit levels. In fact, all I want is on the old platform.

My impression that the new platform gives is one full of bells and whistles, bright, flashing colours-- just the job tio impress new clients----Wow!! :clap:

Speed of execution? Did not give it much of a chance, but I was still waiting for one chart to come up when I decided to close out.

Perhaps, Vasco is right and it takes up too much computer space.
Yes you should of course trade with what you feel comfortable with.:)

Have you noticed that in the new platform Advantage Web platform you can now set deviation regarding slippage, it is on the instruments information icon. I can't remember the old platform offering this? So be prepared for more trade rejections if set to zero (default is 2).:)

Are any of you guys using The Advantage Trading platform as your primary platform Trading with Cityindex? Please give me feedback about you experience regarding the execution speed, this so I don't have the wrong setup locally on my computer and Internet connection. Yes I have been complaining about the poor execution speed, still no improvement really, so actually I don't use it when entering my trades. Hopefully City will be able to improve the execution speed, otherwise it will definitely fail as a trading platform.

Are any of you guys using The Advantage Trading platform as your primary platform Trading with Cityindex? Please give me feedback about you experience regarding the execution speed, this so I don't have the wrong setup locally on my computer and Internet connection. Yes I have been complaining about the poor execution speed, still no improvement really, so actually I don't use it when entering my trades. Hopefully City will be able to improve the execution speed, otherwise it will definitely fail as a trading platform.

Have you asked City why it's so slow?

Have you asked City why it's so slow?
It is better to hear from other traders. They will probably say it is not slow.:)

Could you check it out on a demo City platform for me? My demo city platform on Advantage Trader desktop is also slow.

Just installed Advantage Trader and logged in on a live account, though I haven't traded on it yet.

I quite like it, it shows the spread, has custom indicators and trading systems via the scripting language, data export and even auto trading (although it is a bit limited).

Just installed Advantage Trader and logged in on a live account, though I haven't traded on it yet.

I quite like it, it shows the spread, has custom indicators and trading systems via the scripting language, data export and even auto trading (although it is a bit limited).
Yes good, please get back to us what kind of speed in execution you are experiencing.

IMO it's better in many respects than other SB platforms, but seems to have a few glitches. Trading systems feature surprisingly good, but slowness and vanishing charts are annoying.

Its a fairly good platform but with very annoying shortcomings....
Pros.
Can save window layouts.
Can trade straight off the chart.
Programmable.

Cons.
Can't send a bracketed trade with one or two clicks from a predefined setup. So to make a trade with a stop two points away and a target four points away takes at least 13 clicks. If they ever add this feature... I would say the platform is very-good overall.
No trailing stops. This might be programable but I don't see any sample code to do it. Moving stops and targets manually on the chart takes only a couple clicks but is quite slow because it creates a dialogue that needs confirmation.