Charting softwares with historical data caching

lansett

Hi.

I'm looking for a charting software caching the historical data.
So far I found Sierra Chart and Multicharts.
Are there others ?

It's because when I go on vacation in the countryside I've only access to a low quality 3G data connection.
Trading with FXCM Trading Station 2 is most of the time impossible. There is to much data to download ; and worse, each time I switch the timeframe, the data is redownloaded.

Thanks for your help.

Hi.

Are there others ?

It's because when I go on vacation in the countryside I've only access to a low quality 3G data connection.
Trading with FXCM Trading Station 2 is most of the time impossible. There is to much data to download ; and worse, each time I switch the timeframe, the data is redownloaded.

Thanks for your help.

try ensign. it has a free forex data feed from fxcm, which ensign stores on its own servers for refrshing charts. also, ensign provides free backfill through dtn market access for futures/stocks. i've been using ensign for over 10 years and like it a lot. great support.

try ensign. it has a free forex data feed from fxcm, which ensign stores on its own servers for refrshing charts. also, ensign provides free backfill through dtn market access for futures/stocks. i've been using ensign for over 10 years and like it a lot. great support.

Hi.

Are there others ?

Thanks for your help.
Hi lansett,

Depends on your preferred data provider you should try vestracharts. It shows not only historical datas, but shows your positions also in the past.

Wow, I just love Vestracharts. It's the first charting software I see built with usability in mind. Awesome.

Thanks.

Hi.

Are there others ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Lansett!

The new TS/Marketscope release is coming this autumn.

Main and the most important Marketscope feature: The charts now also takes the all price data starting at yesterday from quotes manager, i.e. from the same source as the backtester.

So,
a) the yesterday and older data is not loaded every time anymore, but is cached instead.
b) the loading of long histories is much faster comparing the previous versions.

Please read more and try the beta version of the new Marketscope from here.

Note:
1) You don't need to remove your current version from the computer. Just download beta and install it. You can use both versions together.
2) Beta Versions thread is only available for the registered users. Please register before download.

Best regards

Hi Lansett!

The new TS/Marketscope release is coming this autumn.

Main and the most important Marketscope feature: The charts now also takes the all price data starting at yesterday from quotes manager, i.e. from the same source as the backtester.

Good news :) Thanks.