Censorship Thread

Whilst it may be convinient to set up jodh as a sacrificial lamb it doesnt really wash, its pretty cowardly leadership, and the question that needs to be asked is whose head's going to offered up next time ?
:innocent::innocent::innocent:
-
-
-
. . . just off to area 51 for a T2W team meeting . . .

Oh right, so that makes it OK then. You can slice it any way you like but jodh was the forums community manager, and he posted at city bulls, whist simultaneously erasing posts and threads at T2W.

At the very least that makes jodh a hypocrite. If this was done with the backing of T2W management they're hypocrites too. If this was done without their knowledge, then at best theyre incompetant and iresponsible and deserve to endure the damage of the fallout that this has resuted in.

Whilst it may be convinient to set up jodh as a sacrificial lamb it doesnt really wash, its pretty cowardly leadership, and the question that needs to be asked is whose head's going to offered up next time ?

I am not excusing all his actions, in fact I am very pissed off in general with the way he has treated me since day 1, even before the epic thread.

But the posts at citybulls are innocuous:

1:

Jodh said:
You're right, I wont be there in a couple months, glad you keep up on temp employees

So, what's all this about anyhoo? Care to fill a guy in (and while I'm sure everyone here is well endowed, I'd rather not be "filled in" in that way thanks).

Jodh - the muppet from that other place.

2:
Jodh said:
Bull, the simple answer is that the thread was only creating tension and anger. Like I said when I closed it, either people are doing very well, or doing very badly, and either way that thread was going to accomplish nothing and go nowhere.

so
1) yes
2) nobody was going to listen to anybody, and those of you who already had banned accounts weren't doing yourselves any favours, which is part of why it got closed.
3) Leave a polarizing flame thread open for another 2 months? No thanks.
4) doodie head. that is all.
5) I made that call, but not entirely sure why it matters, other than in some presumed admin conspiracy.

Hope that answers it

Still curious what exactly is going on on this side of the fence (I've heard some of the various theories that are floating around on already but curious of citybull's role.)

Jodh said:
3:

@zupcon - I'm glad that the moderators over at T2W managed to remove posts so quickly that you (clearly) never saw the vast majority of what was removed. For the record, it was quite balanced in its "pruning" and to say that volunteer moderators would spend their weekends architecting a vast traffic-building conspiracy for a company they have no financial stake in is a little...out there, wouldn't you say?

@Bull and the missing number 6 - sorry, my numbers got messed up it seems, I skipped your number 4 - "I posted why we closed it, if I were treating you guys like 5 year olds I would have just ignored you and assumed that you'd accept it."
4 becomes 5, 5 becomes 6, etc.

@legal threats - you need to learn your UK libel law a little better before posting threats my friend.

And, just to ask, you do see the contradiction in your statement:

Quote:
I hope you realize how serious your job is as moderator. My advice to you is to leave the members posts well alone and don't tamper with evidence, delete or remove threads.

a) I'm not a moderator, but yes, I am quite aware of the importance
b) by definition a moderator's job is explicitly not to "leave the members posts well alone" - what would be the point if it was?

Quote:

Jodh.

Re: Epic Thread.

Did you dish out any punishment to those that broke house rules? If NOT why not?

I believe Wasp has a good case for libel against some members who posted on that thread and your action in removing thread can be said that your tampering with evidence and weaken'd his case!
Wasp [Chris] DID NOT ask you to remove the evidence and he also has a case against you! He could subpoena you to give reason as to why you removed the evidence.
Mr Wasp is within his rights to take legal actions against you too. He most definitely has a case for damages against some members.
I hope you realize how serious your job is as moderator. My advice to you is to leave the members posts well alone and don't tamper with evidence, delete or remove threads.

Citybulls did advise Mr Wasp to lift some evidence and I'm glad he did take our advise.
Click here> http://citybulls.com/ - Login

As for "CITYBULLS ROLE" you have just had a small taster.

Blessings

John

zupcon - serious question: when did you last have a really good laugh, the sort that made you double up and caused tears roll down your cheeks (your face, that is)? I don't just mean the mild chuckle when I was appointed Content Editor, I mean a full blown belly ache laugh?

rofl i hope wasp takes arabian to court so we have a good excuse to pop a nice 1985 dom perignon after wards

Morning all.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, it was Canadian Thanksgiving (not to be confused with the later American one) and for some odd and unknown reason I took the weekend off. My mistake :)

I understand that a bunch of people are a little confused about my apparent double dating, but lets take a step back and actually look at this.

- An accusation is made that someone is cheating, swindling and generally illegally recruiting T2W members into a scam of some sort.
- The thread is closed because it makes some accusations that could have legal ramifications for many people for many reasons and the thread had turned mostly into a drool fest waiting for the doodoo to hit the fan.
- I clearly posted that "If you have issue with this...PM me and we can take a look at it further" because I have absolutely no problem discussing the reasons for closing, the politics of censorship (actually quite sorry I missed that thread) or the expediency of dealing with such things without an peanut gallery (especially this one which I think we can all agree love their conspiracy theories and a good public lynching). The only person who did come and discuss it was Arabian, and I'll let him be the judge of if I was a censorship nazi or actually open to discussing things.
- I then pop over to citybulls (which I have hilariously been banned from now) to get "the other side of the story" in said scam, because if T2W members are involved in a scam, and accusations have been made about specific people, then it's part of my job to actually try to figure things out so that we can - shock - help if possible.
- Nika closes a thread here which started well, but degenerated later on and became unhelpful and, again, leading down that slippery slope to legal ramifications.

So, just out of curiosity, in all of that, where was the conspiracy to shut down free speech?

If this really is about free speech and improving a community we all care about then I'll call anyone who would like to talk about this further and wants to make real suggestion about real issues that are facing the site and the community. Real phone (of skype if you really prefer), real people, real conversations, on my penny. If you have a real concern and can take 5-30 minutes to explain to me how we can improve T2W, where our censorship conspiracy went pear shaped or just to chat then contact me via PM and we'll find a time to chat. And yes, I know someone will inevitably call to bait me, record it and post the lulz, but such is life, worse things have happened.

T2W has nothing to hide, and I'd be happy to have a conversation with anyone about what's happened, as long as it's a real discussion and not this conspiracy ranting. Despite popular opinion, we are actually trying to do good by you and I'd lave to chat with anyone about how we can do that.

Jodh

zupcon - serious question: when did you last have a really good laugh, the sort that made you double up and caused tears roll down your cheeks (your face, that is)? I don't just mean the mild chuckle when I was appointed Content Editor, I mean a full blown belly ache laugh?

I chucked at the irony of the deletion of a thread discussing the censorship of a thread that had previously been deleted for discussing the censorship of a thread that had been deleted.

In other circumstances jod's latest reply might have raised a laugh, but the timing was wrong

The last time T2W provided such a belly laugh was probably's Sharky's post in which he claimed

"favouritism leant to certain posters - just not so, we very democratically established site guidelines with full consultation of the members. All the moderators do is apply those guidelines to the best of their abilities. To suggest there is some conscious favouring of particular members is simply not true and never has been".

You have to admit it was a bit of a gaff after a number of his moderators had quite openly declared that "some are more equal than others"

Even you must see the humour in that :LOL:

- I then pop over to citybulls (which I have hilariously been banned from now) to get "the other side of the story" in said scam, because if T2W members are involved in a scam, and accusations have been made about specific people, then it's part of my job to actually try to figure things out so that we can - shock - help if possible.
Jodh

It's still here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post927048

'' If you are in the fund, out of the fund or have the photo of who actually shot JFK, then take it to the police, FSA, or your granny. We can't help you here."

Which one?

It's still here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-feedback/gene...tml#post927048

'' If you are in the fund, out of the fund or have the photo of who actually shot JFK, then take it to the police, FSA, or your granny. We can't help you here."

Which one?

Since when do conspiracy theories help anyone? Gathering all the information and then making sure it gets to the right people (who aren't us) is the best way to a) protect members and b) get to the bottom of it.

I can get more, real, information by going to the people who are actually involved in it than I can from a public thread which is polarizing people and pushing them into corners where they go into defensive mode.

Again, the offer is open (and nobody has taken me up on it yet) to discuss what and why we did what we did on the phone.

Again, the offer is open (and nobody has taken me up on it yet) to discuss what and why we did what we did on the phone.

An attempt to divide and conquer by attempting to talk one and one is the lamest of tactics, you should be absolutely ashamed. What exactly is your objection to an open and honest debate on a public forum. What exactly are you attempting to hide ? what needs to be said on a phone, that cant be written in public

Why did you allow the original EPIC thread to run for days. You where well aware of the thread, the moderators where all over it 24 hours a day, deleting material that pointed out the role of a TW2 advisor in this particular issue. You cannot deny that T2W management where not aware of its existance.

One minute your an expert on UK libel law playing down the possibility of legal repurcussions, the next your using the possibility of legal action as an excuse for pulling the thread

In one statment, you claim to wish to help members, in the next your saying T2W cant help

Every single statement that you make is totally incoherent and contradictory.

You supress discussion of the topic at T2W, but yet you quite happily engage in gossip at citybulls.

Your hypocrisy comes as no surprise, its simply the culture at T2W, but at least you've been well and truly exposed on this occassion. Given the way that the issue is currently being handled I suspect T2W's reputation will be further tarnished before this particular issue is resolved

I'll call your bluff sir - PM me where you'd like me to call.

A poker player eh? ;)

ok, but this is not 4am GMT i'm talking about (although I have been seen round these parts occasionally at that time)

I can get more, real, information by going to the people who are actually involved in it than I can from a public thread which is polarizing people and pushing them into corners where they go into defensive mode.

At least 3 people who were commenting on the thread that you deleted, were involved in the pool in some stage and one of them was current member.Did you contact them?
One of the accused said to be an advisor on T2W. Did you contact him? If you really wanted to speak with real people who has real information they were just pm away all along. Including wasp. How by going to citybulls can help you. None of the people you spoke over there are involved in the alleged scum or otherwise.

@Zupcon :rolleyes:

You supress discussion of the topic at T2W, but yet you quite happily engage in gossip at citybulls.

Yes, suppressing...that's what I'm doing right now. The reason I want to talk to people one on one is because you're not going to let anything constructive happen are you? Stop whining and start helping us actually fix things. I am making myself as available as possible to have the conversation you are wanting to have - all you have to do is take me up on the offer.

@Masquerade - That's fine, let me know what time zone. If you are only available at an unholy hour, then so be it, I will still call.

Seriously guys, if anyone has feedback - positive or constructive - about trade2win and how Nika and I can help make this place better, I am trying to get it.

Email me, PM me, hop on skype with me, speak with me on the phone, send carrier pigeons, I don't care how you do it, but come talk to me in private so that we can actually have a reasonable discussion about how to make things better without trolls jumping on it as a conspiracy to put them out of a job.

I may only be a temp, but I'll do my best to make everyone happy while I am here.

Email me, PM me, hop on skype with me, speak with me on the phone, send carrier pigeons, I don't care how you do it, but come talk to me in private so that we can actually have a reasonable discussion about how to make things better without trolls jumping on it as a conspiracy to put them out of a job.

So now anyone who disagree's with the appalling way in which an ex members reputation has been dragged through the dirt for commercial gain is a troll ?

As usual you completely avoid answering direct questions. You really are an absolute disgrace.

At least 3 people who were commenting on the thread that you deleted, were involved in the pool in some stage and one of them was current member.Did you contact them?
One of the accused said to be an advisor on T2W. Did you contact him? If you really wanted to speak with real people who has real information they were just pm away all along. Including wasp. How by going to citybulls can help you. None of the people you spoke over there are involved in the alleged scum or otherwise.

Sorry, you fastposted me.

Yes, I did. I tried to get the names of people in the fund, and every name I got, I contacted (except firewalker, who was in on most of the PMs I had with arabian) - including wasp. People I spoke to were obviously hesitant to give out the names of other people in the fund and I'm not about to spend hours guessing at who is and isn't in the fund. I was directed to citybulls by one of them, and so that's where I went.

On a side note, one person has taken me up on my offer (much appreciated), anyone else?

On a side note, one person has taken me up on my offer (much appreciated), anyone else?

Yet more divide and conquer strategies I see. Your behaviour needs to be addressed in public not hidden behind closed doors