Censorship Thread

There is a new volunteer role that I am actively involved in setting up. Once the details have been finalised, a full announcement will be made. Rest assured, it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
Tim.

Can you give us a broad outline of the duties involved?

Supervising the state-instigated break up of T2W into two main constituent parts.

The first will be called 'Good T2W', and comprise the content from serious minded individuals, threads with a positive expectancy, useful links, that kinda thing. It will be privately owned and hugely successful. Moderators will be Warren Buffet, George Soros, Red Adair, Mother Theresa and Brains from Thunderbirds..

The second part will be called 'Bad T2W', and into this part will be placed all the toxic threads, lulzy posts, multinick members, astrologists etc. It will be publically owned, will take years to beat into any sort of useable shape, and will probably equate to at least a penny on income tax for the next 10 years. ;)

Very loose moderation for bad T2W will be provided by Nick Leeson (Irish non-league off season only due to other work commitments), John Meriweather, Bernie Madoff, Joseph Fritzl, and an as yet unnamed member of the Sex Pistols

it's a drastic step but in the long run it might just work ;)

Supervising the state-instigated break up of T2W into two main constituent parts.

The first will be called 'Good T2W', and comprise the content from serious minded individuals, threads with a positive expectancy, useful links, that kinda thing. It will be privately owned and hugely successful. Moderators will be Warren Buffet, George Soros, Red Adair, Mother Theresa and Brains from Thunderbirds..

The second part will be called 'Bad T2W', and into this part will be placed all the toxic threads, lulzy posts, multinick members, astrologists etc. It will be publically owned, will take years to beat into any sort of useable shape, and will probably equate to at least a penny on income tax for the next 10 years. ;)

Very loose moderation for bad T2W will be provided by Nick Leeson (Irish non-league off season only due to other work commitments), John Meriweather, Bernie Madoff, Joseph Fritzl, and an as yet unnamed member of the Sex Pistols

will there be a Stalinist undercurrent of re-writing history by expunging the hot-so-nice stuff, and thus leaving a rose-coloured fluffiness?
The Chinese government might like to put in a bid.

I like the sound of "Bad T2W", dirty, sleazy and 'downtownish', with pink flickering neon signs reading..."Signals and Systems". Mmmmm, yehhhh.

I also think I chose the moderators well. Given the content and tone of recent controversial / lulzy showstoppers both Fritzl and Madoff could turn out to be inspired additions to the T2W team ;)

madoff would have been better as an advisor

I see myself as somewhat like florence nightingale

I've neither recollection of that thread, nor of finding it as I apparently did and having no recollection of it.

And I'm pissed at the moment. And hankering for more booze.

Uh oh.

will there be a Stalinist undercurrent of re-writing history by expunging the hot-so-nice stuff, and thus leaving a rose-coloured fluffiness?
The Chinese government might like to put in a bid.

Judging by todays edit of the traderpedia articles, I think the chinese governments bid was successful.

:LOL:

So these 'guides', are they just window dressing, like shop floor mannequins. Moderators perform a useful job, will the guides be of any real use?

Hi Paul71,
So these 'guides', are they just window dressing. . .?
Most certainly not!

. . .will the guides be of any real use.
Absolutely!

As per my last post, a full announcement will be made in due course. Thank you for your interest and your patience, both of which will be rewarded in the fullness of time!
;)
Tim.

Good stuff Tim! Can't wait to have a butchers at the all new singing and dancing guides. Cool.