CCI

paulrockhopper

cci

Hello all,

I notice from certain traders charts posted on the site, that several seem to use CCI as an indicator.
Could somebody please explain what this represents , and its use, or point me in the direction of a thread which discusses it in more detail. Im particularily interested in its relevance to daytrading the Ftse and Dow,Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Woodie it is...as metioned in Roger's e mail....in my opinion probably the best CCI discussion anywhere....collect it, print it and keep it for ref...

Thanks all for your help,
Johnny T dont sit on the fence just say what you think , wondered if I should use a 10 or 20 period for the crap part of the indicator and have you found any correlation between this and a 100 day MA!

;)

The rest should keep me going for some time
Thanks again
Paul

RSI

Really Stupid Indicator

All indicators are useless.

All you need is price action...

Just my opinion.

JonnyT

CCI, they use 14 period. I couldn't get on with it.
Everyone's choice is different.

To master the CCI using the methods discussed in Woodie's room takes a lot of time. I'm guessing that would put a lot of people off.

There's no way anyone could knock it if they had seen it used properly in my opinion.

Gary

cci - this may help

i know some traders who use signals >100 as a sell signal (over bought) and others who use the same level as a buy indicator!

does that help? no. do you think cci will?