CCI perameters for different time periods Question...

moreagr

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to see more activity here like before... where as everyone gone to. is there another chat room?

anyways if someone would help me clarify this issue I have with MACCI

I what to use a multi period CCI values but instead in have them update every 3 5 or 15 mins I would like to rescale all periods in one minute time frame

for example if I wanted to use the MACCI 20 6

3 min would be 60-- 18 period
5 min would be 100-- 30 period
10 min would be 200-- 60period etc etc.

is this correct?

thanks in advance!

I think you may be confusing the issue here. Are you using it in Radarscreen or charts ? Either way they should update every tick and you shouldn't need to do what you have suggested. If they are not updating every tick then look at your settings (especially in RS) to ensure that they do and you should get the option shown in the attached screeshot.

Paul

Attachments

• macci_format.gif
    macci_format.gif
    10 KB · Views: 48
I have just had another thought and it will depend on if you are using charts or RS and I will be able to give you some more help.

Paul

OK what you need to do is go to "Insert" and select "Symbol" and make it the same symbol as before but change the compression to the time scale you need. Now go to the properties tab and select "Subgraph" and select "Hide"

Repeat this again for the third time scale you need. You will now have three different time scales for the same symbol but two of them will be hidden.

Now go to "Insert" and select "Indicator" and select Macci and you should get the option to base it on one of the three time scales that were entered. Repeat this for the three time frames but make sure they are all in the same subgraph and you will have three plots in different time scales on the same chart.

Good Luck

Paul

I forgot to thank you for you help it works . i think I am going to get TS but am not computer savvy enough to handle the bugs and trouble shooting in TS2k dealing with GlobalS and adaptors etc. so I may sign up and get TS8 in the next few weeks. main factor is radar screen so I can view mored ata with ease. I am not really to program in excel using VBA or java yet... i looked into that.