Cashmaster PIE

The might well be some merit with Hav Trading.

I've only back-tested to the start of 2016 and results so far have been very good. I recently opened some trades in my IG demo account.

Not sure how this would perform in periods of high volatility or when markets tank.

Regards
Becks

Hi Becks

I've got a copy of this too......what % profit target does your copy suggest, and stake size per trade? The copy I have is old, and I believe they've adjusted certain parts of the system since the original.

Cheers

Hi Becks

I've got a copy of this too......what % profit target does your copy suggest, and stake size per trade? The copy I have is old, and I believe they've adjusted certain parts of the system since the original.

Cheers
Hi there Greggy,

Just finished some back-testing on this and I do think it is the real deal. Actually placed some trades in the last few weeks, but only in my demo a/c.

My manual is from Feb 2015 and the % target is 5%, although it talks about having a lower % if required. Stake depends upon size of bank, attitude to risk etc. There's a table to work it out e.g.

Bank %Risk Max risk Index price Stake
£10k 14 1400 11200 1.25

Personally I would change a few things, such as using a trailing stop loss.
Did a dummy DAX trade a few weeks ago @ 12595. Price is now 12870 so rather than leave the stop loss at 11865 as per original setup, I moved it up to 12750 to protect the profit so far.

I'd also change the time a trade is open. I would prefer to close a trade at the quarter end rather than roll over, but that's just me tweaking things.

Hope that helps

Becks

Hi there Greggy,

Just finished some back-testing on this and I do think it is the real deal. Actually placed some trades in the last few weeks, but only in my demo a/c.

My manual is from Feb 2015 and the % target is 5%, although it talks about having a lower % if required. Stake depends upon size of bank, attitude to risk etc. There's a table to work it out e.g.

Bank %Risk Max risk Index price Stake
£10k 14 1400 11200 1.25

Personally I would change a few things, such as using a trailing stop loss.
Did a dummy DAX trade a few weeks ago @ 12595. Price is now 12870 so rather than leave the stop loss at 11865 as per original setup, I moved it up to 12750 to protect the profit so far.

I'd also change the time a trade is open. I would prefer to close a trade at the quarter end rather than roll over, but that's just me tweaking things.

Hope that helps

Becks

Hi Becks

Do you divide the max risk into the index price to get the stake size?

Thanks

Hi Becks

Do you divide the max risk into the index price to get the stake size?

Thanks

The other way round actually, divide the max risk by 10% of the index price. Or in excel:
=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where M39 = max risk column
Where N39 = index price

And don't forget you can always have a different % risk. For back testing I was using the 14% the author used, but for some real trades I've done 10%, but equally you could use 7.5% or even 5%.

I'm thinking of starting a separate thread purely for HAV trading

Cheers
Becks

The other way round actually, divide the max risk by 10% of the index price. Or in excel:
=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where N39 = index price

And don't forget you can always have a different % risk. For back testing I was using the 14% the author used, but for some real trades I've done 10%, but equally you could use 7.5% or even 5%.

Cheers
Becks

Cheers Thanks Becks,

=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where N39 = index price

Cheers
Becks

Hi Becks

Could you email please if you don't mind, I wanted to ask some questions about PIE, I've bought a copy of the manual.

Thanks

Greg

[email protected]

Hi Becks

Could you email please if you don't mind, I wanted to ask some questions about PIE, I've bought a copy of the manual.

Thanks

Greg

[email protected]

I'm afraid I've no wish to get involved in private email chats. I've done this sort of thing before and the questions never stop and I didn't even get a thank you from one person, just like my previous reply to you!

I suggest you contact the person your purchased the manual from and ask them your questions

Hi Becks100

Are you going to start a thread on HAV as you mention earlier
For clarity i have had HAV for a few years but never got around to trading it.
It would be interesting to see if different rules to the ones in the manual could be used successfully

Best Panda

Hi Becks100

Are you going to start a thread on HAV as you mention earlier
For clarity i have had HAV for a few years but never got around to trading it.
It would be interesting to see if different rules to the ones in the manual could be used successfully

Best Panda

Hi Panda,

I did and then forgot about it! I'll get onto it this weekend. I definitely think there's something good about this. I've just has 2 demo trades close out this week after hitting their targets.

Regards
Becks

Hi Becks100
good to hear (the 2 demo trades)
I keep my eye on Traders Bulletin and the results have been consistently good over the past couple of years.
Look forward to your thread
Best Panda

PIE in the sky

PIE traders have been told to stop trading it due to the volatility (lol!). Unbelievable. And meanwhile, the said PIE marketeers have been trying to sell another course by another company called magnetic. You couldn't make this up.

Magnetic traders are so good, this is what they said about the ftse today:

The market has already priced in a rate rise today however what is important is if there is any indication of future rate rises in the UK. If seen sterling will rally and the FTSE will crash down to 7300 over the coming sessions. It would be unlikely but if there was no rate rise today then the pound would crash and likewise the FTSE would rally significantly. This is an unlikely scenario.

Did they not notice the GBP pricing in the rate rise since 27th October!!?? you cannot look at the ftse without looking at the GBP. Is it then reasonable to suggest the £ will rally on such news given the Brexit background and weakening economic expectations? No, it is not.

Honestly, I tear my hair out when I see these so called professional traders giving such ridiculous advice, passing over customer to customer, selling each others courses. Be warned and stay very very clear!

Last edited:
PIE traders have been told to stop trading it due to the volatility (lol!). Unbelievable. And meanwhile, the said PIE marketeers have been trying to sell another course by another company called magnetic. You couldn't make this up.

Magnetic traders are so good, this is what they said about the ftse today:

The market has already priced in a rate rise today however what is important is if there is any indication of future rate rises in the UK. If seen sterling will rally and the FTSE will crash down to 7300 over the coming sessions. It would be unlikely but if there was no rate rise today then the pound would crash and likewise the FTSE would rally significantly. This is an unlikely scenario.

Did they not notice the GBP pricing in the rate rise since 27th October!!?? you cannot look at the ftse without looking at the GBP. Is it then reasonable to suggest the £ will rally on such news given the Brexit background and weakening economic expectations? No, it is not.

Honestly, I tear my hair out when I see these so called professional traders giving such ridiculous advice, passing over customer to customer, selling each others courses. Be warned and stay very very clear!

Yeah you've gotta laugh when they're promoting each other's courses and at £3-£4,000 per course.

The jokers at Magnetic are saying you can earn 2-3% per month trading PIE and they claim they are doing it!! Which just about sums up their honesty and credibility.

I bought a second hand PIE manual for a relative a couple of years ago and despite my encouragement and support, he hasn't even read it and now wants to sell it.

Anybody in the market for a PIE manual with all the updates, private message me

if you have still have your copy of PIE Trading that you are interested in selling let me know. thanks tim

Hi Tim,

If you send me a private message (click on Becks100 just above the number of posts) and Ill pass on the contact details for my cousin.

Regards
Becks

Hi Tim,

If you send me a private message (click on Becks100 just above the number of posts) and Ill pass on the contact details for my cousin.

Regards
Becks
apparantly i don't have sufficient privileges to send a private message! you can send me a message at edwilde69atgmaildotcom

Not working for you then ?

Hi Panda,

I've been using the standard method for 2+ years and I'm very happy with it, I'm managing my retirement funds so I tend to be conservative and target 10-15%.

I have also adapted it to my own risk-profile and knowledge of the markets as others appear to have done in this forum.

With the current historically-low volatility it does mean that returns are towards the low end but they are still acceptable, and I have no doubt that an increase in volatility will resume in the near future :)

If anyone has any questions please get in touch via email.

Kind Regards
Pete