Best Thread Capital Spreads

:) this is not the growth we r talking about , this is an unaudited results not big deal between 12.5 and 12.9 if u say they opened 11 k new accounts ! these numbers is a disaster , CS ususally make very high growth , double digit growth not 4 % in revenue and 39% drop in profits ! , and as i said look 70% of the new accounts is opened with white labels , many existing clients open more than account to try white labels like DD . Regarding the number of trades doesnt mean anything maybe it is at size of 1 sek / point , how come all these new accounts and more trades and the revenue is the same ! there is something wrong with their business model , what will happen to their revenue if account opening slowed down or some guys closed their accounts . BTW these 2.2 m pound in profit includes prospreads , CS , white labels , capital forex and derivatives brokerage !
I think CS should change its way , they should think to provide a better serivce : better platform , better execution , no dealers games ...etc , believe me if they change they will make much better ...
The figures are in the report. If you are in denial about the facts, I can do nothing to make you understand.

The figures are in the report. If you are in denial about the facts, I can do nothing to make you understand.
I didnt deny any figures gle , my point is there is something wrong with their business model 11 k new accounts and more trades but the same revenue ! and sharp drop in profits ...

I didnt deny any figures gle , my point is there is something wrong with their business model 11 k new accounts and more trades but the same revenue ! and sharp drop in profits ...
tar, you have to read through the report and find out why this is the case, in an unemotional way. And once again, the revenue is not the same. If they have a growth in revenue you have to aknowledge this being a fact. The profit for the company is not as good as that of the previous period, I agree, but this we already know, and the reason for that can be found in the explanation and the numbers presented. How the next period turns out remains to be seen. My way of looking at this might be consider boring, but I have to go by the figures presented in the report, and not widely speculate without looking at the real facts at hand.

tar, you have to read through the report and find out why this is the case, in an unemotional way. And once again, the revenue is not the same. If they have a growth in revenue you have to aknowledge this being a fact. The profit for the company is not as good as that of the previous period, I agree, but this we already know, and the reason for that can be found in the explanation and the numbers presented. How the next period turns out remains to be seen. My way of looking at this might be consider boring, but I have to go by the figures presented in the report, and not widely speculate without looking at the real facts at hand.

I checked the figures b4 , remember i put the link , the revenue it is nearly the same they usually make big figures in growth ( double digits ), but at this time they made 4 % only , this means a big slowldown in growth also add to this the sharp drop in profits 39 % , although they claim 11 k accounts opened , there is something wrong no doubt about this ...

I checked the figures b4 , remember i put the link , the revenue it is nearly the same they usually make big figures in growth ( double digits ), but at this time they made 4 % only , this means a big slowldown in growth also add to this the sharp drop in profits 39 % , although they claim 11 k accounts opened , there is something wrong no doubt about this ...
You keep repeating the same figures. Instead look into the financial reports for answers, if you think something is not right. Ask yourself, why has the profit dropped? Why hasn't the revenue increased in the same growth rate as the last periods (if that is the case). The answer to these and other questions can for the most part be found in the figures presented in the reports. If you compare with previous periods financial reports you might find something interesting to look closer at. Other factors as the recession, increased competition, platform problems and more mobile clients, can also contribute to fully understand the report. Saying, that they must have the wrong business model is not very smart. Remember they are the rich guys and we are the "poor" guys, making their riches grow.:)

You keep repeating the same figures. Instead look into the financial reports for answers, if you think something is not right. Ask yourself, why has the profit dropped? Why hasn't the revenue increased in the same growth rate as the last periods (if that is the case). The answer to these and other questions can for the most part be found in the figures presented in the reports. If you compare with previous periods financial reports you might find something interesting to look closer at. Other factors as the recession, increased competition, platform problems and more mobile clients, can also contribute to fully understand the report. Saying, that they must have the wrong business model is not very smart. Remember they are the rich guys and we are the "poor" guys, making their riches grow.:)
This is the point there is problem what ever the problem is they should solve it if they care about this business not playing more games cuz this will make them lose more clients , everybody knows how CS sucks the last year check this thread , so i am not surprised , and ofcourse when i c these disastrous figures 40 % drop in profits i will think there is problem in their business model . BTW i am not poor and i dont make them richer :cheesy:

As I see it, LCG's problem is that a few years ago CS had the tightest spreads, a relatively good platform and better customer service than the rest. Now they don't and there's more competition arriving all the time, so unless they can get their act together they'll just be getting a stream of new clients who lose a few hundred quid then go elsewhere.

As I see it, LCG's problem is that a few years ago CS had the tightest spreads, a relatively good platform and better customer service than the rest. Now they don't and there's more competition arriving all the time, so unless they can get their act together they'll just be getting a stream of new clients who lose a few hundred quid then go elsewhere.
Dealingdesk have among the tightest spread in the industry and a very fast platform. CS will probably make some changes after converting to the new platform. Hopefully, this will be done this month.

Anyone has a problem of not deleting shares from my favourite folder?
I complained about it over 3 months ago and several times afterwards with no result. (Everytime I get the same reply......our Technical Dept. is looking into.)

I was trading with Capital about a month ago, however as I trade stocks within the FTSE 350, I found the they didn't offer quite a few stocks that I was looking to trade.

I am now trading with IG and never looked back.

Anyone has a problem of not deleting shares from my favourite folder?
I complained about it over 3 months ago and several times afterwards with no result. (Everytime I get the same reply......our Technical Dept. is looking into.)

Yeah, this happens to me as well. Seems to happen with some symbols and not with others; there is one share in particular that I've been unable to delete.

CS will start to offer 24 hour trading and some new markets , this is a good move ...

Regarding the CPU load i have noticed if i use firefox to browse CS the CPU load is over 50 % but if i use Internet Explorer the load is around 25% ...

It appears as if "Popular Markets", "Indices" and "Forex" have become more "spaced out" in the menu bar to take up the space previously occupied by "Binary Bets".

binaries were my main activity with cs, i was hoping for some simple improvements, now that really disappoints me. it would be nice if simon could comment on that.

ANyone having connection problem with capital this week? Mine keeps droping in and out every 5 mins or so!

My connection seems to be ok at the moment ffsear, it went down on friday for about half an hour but it's been ok this week.

back after a long break

it would be difficult to answer the huge backlog of questions/complaints so if anyone has a bug bear that is still ongoing i would like to hear it.

I will answer the Binary question though... although we quoted a large array of binary markets our clients never really got involved and it was just taking up too much of our time for too little return. In the end we took a business decision to curtail our involvement and leave the field.

we gave it a go but with no real 'two way' flow the p/l was almost random!

At the same time we reallocated our resourses to open a 24 hr manned dealing desk and are now quoting far more markets in the small hours.

simon