Best Thread Capital Spreads

I don't see any quickness in a fill, (still taking long time to confirm).
I am happy with Worldspreads.

this upgrade is actually just put in because our major move has been delayed.

It is a substantial improvement on our old interface but is not in any way as good as the final version. (i hope)

simon

top trader
i think u must be on dealer confirm... deal fills are almost instantaneous for auto trades

if u give me a private message i will check it out.

Simon

top trader
i think u must be on dealer confirm... deal fills are almost instantaneous for auto trades

if u give me a private message i will check it out.

Simon
Simon, why in the world don't you stop this dealer confirm business? Hopefully it will be the end of it transforming to the new platform.

Simon, why in the world don't you stop this dealer confirm business? Hopefully it will be the end of it transforming to the new platform.

That is the million dollar question !

It's because like all the other spread betting firms,he wants to delay, control, frustrate and eventually chase off a proportion of the winners ! Those most likely to be in this group of traders are those trading very short time frames !:innocent:

That is the million dollar question !

It's because like all the other spread betting firms,he wants to delay, control, frustrate and eventually chase off a proportion of the winners ! Those most likely to be in this group of traders are those trading very short time frames !:innocent:
Yes, some of the SB companies do not yet understand financial Spread betting is entering a new era. I am a quite confident they will eventually adopt as the SB industry matures.

Last edited:
Yes this is all good, but I am waiting for the big transformation to the new platform.

I thought that is what had just been rolled out?
Or is the new platform a bit like London's Crossrail ... something that is talked about for years but never seems to materialise?

it is all very well to slag off the SB company for 'dirty tricks' but nobody ever admits to dirty tricks from the clients.

We shut out suspected scalpers... that is all. Winning clients are monitored (of course, we want to know what they are doing as they are generally correct) but not often put to dealer acceptance.

As GLE101 will confirm we already have the first draft of our new platform in existence working very well. We do not yet have a single client on dealer acceptance on that platform (only on a size basis). So while i agree that advances are slow this does not mean they are not iminent.

Simon

As GLE101 will confirm we already have the first draft of our new platform in existence working very well. We do not yet have a single client on dealer acceptance on that platform (only on a size basis). So while i agree that advances are slow this does not mean they are not iminent.

Simon
Yes, this is the way to go. I can confirm, not a single "price no longer valid" on the new platform since I started trading with it. The new platform is very fast and I have not seen the slightest sign of tampering with it.

Simon, I think you got it all wrong, traders overall just want to trade fair on the price quoted, and without any interference of dealers (the size issue is understandable) or any other individual parameters bias set against him.

Last edited:
Simon, I think you got it all wrong, traders overall just want to trade on the price quoted, and without any interference of dealers (the size issue is understandable) or any other individual parameters bias set against him.

Well said. And so say ALL of us.

Someone who makes money too quickly for them to hedge against. Do you think they would try and shut down losing scalpers?

I traded with CS years ago and found their service very lacking. I think the law has to be changed in the UK reguarding how SB creates the markets and executes clients orders. Something like what futuresbetting.com
does with its DMA platform should be a regulated must, where you see the correct market price and the their spread around it. Plus they hedge every client position. A true spread model and not profiting from client loses. The model we have today allows these firms to target consistant traders as a threat to their business model.

Spreadbetting has its place in learning to trade with it low $£ per point and low capital needs. Once consistant
trading has been reached you must leave these firms and move to DMA. Hopefully LCG wont screw up FB
business model.

Last edited:
crk-uk

that is all very well but futures betting only permits trading in contract sizes and with massive exchange margin requirements. Not everyone wants to trade in €25 a point on the Dax or a tenner a point on the FTSE and have to put up £2500 for the pleasure. FB also only fills the client IF there is an offer on the other side. If there is just one contract and you want to but £20 in the FTSE you will fail. On an SB you will, 99/100, succeed.

The T&C's make it clear that CS can place a client on dealer acceptance at its discretion (and this may be for a variety of reasons) but in reality we have over 45000 clients and only a couple of hundred on dealer acceptance. We have the odd market that is on dealer acceptance as well (brent oil for example) because of the lack of liquidity in the quoted market. But we will normally accept 40 to 50 quid a point even when there are only a few contracts on the bid/offer.

It is very easy to slag off the SB companies but, in truth, it is not we who try to manipulate the odds in our favour. If a client manages to beat our system, gets away with it and takes the money from us for a while then "ce la vie" but we tend to get a bit annoyed when they then want us to continue to allow them to fleece us saying that we are the crooks!

If SB's behaved like some of our clients ...........

Simon

crk-uk

that is all very well but futures betting only permits trading in contract sizes and with massive exchange margin requirements. Not everyone wants to trade in €25 a point on the Dax or a tenner a point on the FTSE and have to put up £2500 for the pleasure. FB also only fills the client IF there is an offer on the other side. If there is just one contract and you want to but £20 in the FTSE you will fail. On an SB you will, 99/100, succeed.

The T&C's make it clear that CS can place a client on dealer acceptance at its discretion (and this may be for a variety of reasons) but in reality we have over 45000 clients and only a couple of hundred on dealer acceptance. We have the odd market that is on dealer acceptance as well (brent oil for example) because of the lack of liquidity in the quoted market. But we will normally accept 40 to 50 quid a point even when there are only a few contracts on the bid/offer.

It is very easy to slag off the SB companies but, in truth, it is not we who try to manipulate the odds in our favour. If a client manages to beat our system, gets away with it and takes the money from us for a while then "ce la vie" but we tend to get a bit annoyed when they then want us to continue to allow them to fleece us saying that we are the crooks!

Simon

Are we talking fraud? or fast market traders who can spot your weakness?

Without giving the game away as to what these clients are doing I think you should fill in the blanks more here.
Learning to trade without SB would be very hard, not everyone can learn trading es at $50 a point I know that. But once consistant trading has been reached its time to move on. SB firms are not for the consistant. Some have things that the market cant match like CMC stops. (no slippage) But you cant trade using their charts and the requotes are annoying. SB has its place but the fact that you profit from clients losses should bar you from making the market. Its set up as client v bucketshop and when clients get problems with service once they start winning cant you see why we think the way we do?

Last edited:
crk-uk

Simon

You still haven't defined scalping, which is understandable as consistently losing short-term traders must be very profitable for the company and you wouldn't want to get rid of them, of course!
No-one here would doubt that SB has its place, but CS and the rest wouldn't exist unless the odds were biased in your favour. You then increase the bias by weeding out clients who try to take advantage of deficiencies in your system. Isn't that 'manipulation'?

The bit about 45,000 clients and only a few hundred on dealer acceptance doesn't really mean much, because anyone who is put on dealer acceptance will obviously soon go elsewhere and become an ex-client. How many of those do you have?

You still haven't defined scalping, which is understandable as consistently losing short-term traders must be very profitable for the company and you wouldn't want to get rid of them, of course!
No-one here would doubt that SB has its place, but CS and the rest wouldn't exist unless the odds were biased in your favour. You then increase the bias by weeding out clients who try to take advantage of deficiencies in your system. Isn't that 'manipulation'?

The bit about 45,000 clients and only a few hundred on dealer acceptance doesn't really mean much, because anyone who is put on dealer acceptance will obviously soon go elsewhere and become an ex-client. How many of those do you have?
I am quite exited over the new LCG platform. Extremely fast and with a price feed that is next to impossible to manipulate. However, I don't agree with you on the fact that SB wouldn't exist if there wasn't for a bias against the trader. They profit from the spread, and that should be sufficient to keep the business running and even attract additional traders on grounds of fair play. The manipulation days is over for the SB industry, if they don't listen to he signals coming from EU, they are in for severe regulation by the same.

phil-
"The bit about 45,000 clients and only a few hundred on dealer acceptance doesn't really mean much, because anyone who is put on dealer acceptance will obviously soon go elsewhere and become an ex-client. How many of those do you have?"

I already withdrew half of my money from Capitals because of constant trade delay, even on £1/point. Why do they have to refer to the dealer? I thought they hedge their positions. After Capitals earlier "reply" I doubt it. I am happy with Worldspreads, so far.