Best Thread Capital Spreads

(perhaps £1-£3), staying in trades for an average time of 1-2 hours minimum and do this on the main currency pairs/indices then you'l fly well under their radar and be left alone....completely.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. If you can stay for a longer period with minimum bet size, they might let you go. But how many people can wait for hours and hours to close their bet? IMO Most people here are day traders. CMC is the S***** in this method.:cool:

Happy trading.

Hi, can anyone tell me why I am getting hammered with 'Debit for Dividend transactions' on my dow short. Over 20 quid in a week on a 1pound short. I haven't seen any emails to tell me this is coming in as far as I know and I cant find anything on the site. Any ideas?

Of course I now the reason why I was thrown out of WS. At the time I was in the red, and traded only with small bets. Being a short term trader I were informed that this was the reason. Whatever happened with WS a couple of years back, they might have a different client policy today. I am glad to notice that the SB industry is slowly changing towards the better. New clients are too expensive to obtain today. The SB industry cannot simply afford to be stuck in old tracks.The competition is fears and new ones are pupping up frequently now. Also regulation is knocking on the door, the SB industry are fully aware they can not continue like they have done in the past, without a hefty price being paid.

so far, after 2 weeks, i have no problem with worldspreads.
account was opened with 2k and after many scalping index trades it is now up 14%.

pappi- if you are short means you have to give back dividends but price moves down by the same amount but £20 is way too much. ring them and find out.

capital has been charging twice, in last few days, for interest etc.

any one using capital, check your account.

(perhaps £1-£3), staying in trades for an average time of 1-2 hours minimum and do this on the main currency pairs/indices then you'l fly well under their radar and be left alone....completely.

Totally agreed. If you can stay for a longer period with minimum bet size, they might let you go. But how many people can wait for hours and hours to close their bet? IMO Most people here are day traders. CMC is the S***** in this method.:cool:

Happy trading.[/QUOTE]

well, cable today 2 very obvious trades; one long entry at 8:15 (exit at 9), short at 9:15 close at 11:30. Fairly 'typical' (yes I know, "no 2 days the same", but the rules never change). So that's 2 trades in 3 hours on cable. Not taking the long on the way back up, want to get to the gym at noon. That (to me) is 'classic' day trading forex. Now given the mind blowing volume and liquidity in cable trading is truly mind blowing and the fact that the SB companies can offer 2 pip sreads that tells me that "winners" and lots of them they can easily cope with.

so far, after 2 weeks, i have no problem with worldspreads.
account was opened with 2k and after many scalping index trades it is now up 14%.
Thanks, it would be interesting if you could report your experience trading with them on the "Worldspreads updated!" thread.

Hi, i've never used spread betting before. I trade longs on my trading account and was hoping learn spread betting for leveraged shorting.

I opened a Capital Spreads demo account because the site mentions FTSE 250, small cap & AIM, however i do not see these listed in the trading platform.

Would these be listed in a full live account?

Hi, i've never used spread betting before. I trade longs on my trading account and was hoping learn spread betting for leveraged shorting.

I opened a Capital Spreads demo account because the site mentions FTSE 250, small cap & AIM, however i do not see these listed in the trading platform.

Would these be listed in a full live account?

You wont get everything they offer in the demo account. if you go here Capital Spreads - Financial Spread Betting Product Information you can see what is available on the live account.

DAX is up nicely since yesterday, up nearly 300 points from its low.
i am flat at the monent.[/QUOTE]

hello,
when you say scalping,what time frame do you use? do you open a bet and close all in less than a minute sometimes? or is it longer time frame? I think if you keep your bet open for more than 5-10 minutes,no bookie has any problem in my IMHO!

Happy Trading

fast trader- depends on market conditions. yesterday i was short in dax when it was around 5035, kept on going up, but closed at 5000.
long ft now at 4341, target 25-40 points.

sorry to others as this is not a trading thread.

EDIT- CLOSED AT 4362 at 9.40

Last edited:
Capital Spreads

Ref revised trading platform. Two problems.

1 Page showing prices - When I zoom to increase the size, the outside of the page does but the centre part with the prices does not.

2 Charts - All of my s/r lines, trend lines ,etc have gone.

Regards

bracke

Capital Spreads

Ref revised trading platform. Two problems.

1 Page showing prices - When I zoom to increase the size, the outside of the page does but the centre part with the prices does not.

2 Charts - All of my s/r lines, trend lines ,etc have gone.

Regards

bracke
You can use the zoom feature in Firefox and Opera browser. I believe IE does not support this feature.

I receive this email from Capital Spreads, I had a quick look and they have reduce the account of clicks and navigating to do to place and change orders. I will have to wait for markets to open to see if their are any improvements in the time it takes for trades to be accepted.

Capital Spreads have launched an upgraded version of the trading platform. We're sure that you'll appreciate the changes that we've made, but we want you to be prepared, so please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the new features.

The new features include:

* Faster trading – the stake entry is now embedded in the trade ticket, so there’s no need to enter a stake before clicking on TRADE
* Multiple trade tickets – you can set up as many different trade tickets as you like and watch market movements until you’re ready to make a trade
* Cherry pick – if you have more than one trade in the same contract, you can select which one you wish to close first
* Amend your orders from the open positions window
* Easier navigation of markets and improved drop down menus

The platform remains browser based so you can still access it from any computer with Internet access, although you may need to download the latest version of Flash. To ensure that you can start spread betting straight away, you can download it now by clicking here

It is important that you familiarise yourself with these changes as they may affect the way you trade.

Last edited:
I receive this email from Capital Spreads, I had a quick look and they have reduce the account of clicks and navigating to do to place and change orders. I will have to wait for markets to open to see if their are any improvements in the time it takes for trades to be accepted.

Capital Spreads have launched an upgraded version of the trading platform. We're sure that you'll appreciate the changes that we've made, but we want you to be prepared, so please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the new features.

The new features include:

* Faster trading – the stake entry is now embedded in the trade ticket, so there’s no need to enter a stake before clicking on TRADE
* Multiple trade tickets – you can set up as many different trade tickets as you like and watch market movements until you’re ready to make a trade
* Cherry pick – if you have more than one trade in the same contract, you can select which one you wish to close first
* Amend your orders from the open positions window
* Easier navigation of markets and improved drop down menus

The platform remains browser based so you can still access it from any computer with Internet access, although you may need to download the latest version of Flash. To ensure that you can start spread betting straight away, you can download it now by clicking here

It is important that you familiarise yourself with these changes as they may affect the way you trade.
Yes this is all good, but I am waiting for the big transformation to the new platform.

Yes this is all good, but I am waiting for the big transformation to the new platform.

This may well be it.

I notice that the platform is much faster when clicking on the different menus although I have not placed a trade yet. So, I will judge when it is time to trade. Happy with the add-ons though especially the ability to open multiple tickets and the stake being actually in the ticket itself. About time !