Best Thread Capital Spreads

Of course, there are minimum stop sizes, depending on the market (and perhaps time of day; I'm not sure about that). My experience has been with one of their limited-risk accounts, which imposes some additional restrictions and costs (such as bigger spreads). The main benefit is guaranteed stops.

People running less restricted accounts may not have to enter a stop, whereas I always had to, so in effect, yes, my stops were always predefined. Made things nice, simple and logical.

no not predefined , but u can attach it with your trade when u enter , as a pips distance , i think it is very good feature
Ok, I understand. No, a user predefine stop you set in pips, ticks, points or amount, probably in your account
settings or options. and you don't have to think about it, when you go into a position.

GFT's Dealbook software enables (almost) everything to be set by the user, and I don't think there's any restriction on stop placing.

Apparently CS have a system upgrade during the weekend. Maybe, something interesting appears after the weekend.

Sorry to be blunt here but sod setting stops and limits on the opening order ticket. The key here SPEED in execution. Get the trade open and then spend next 10 seconds setting your stop and limit. If CS want to get really complictated here then perhaps they could allow an extra 'client specification page' where they allow clients to replace the CGSL with specified stop loss sizes on any instrument the client chooses. That way clients could specify say "50 pips on GBPUSD' and "25 points on FTSE Rolling" etc etc etc.

Steve.

I agree Steve - would also be good to have pre-defined limits as well.

I set my entry, stop and limit, but with CS's order ticket it is fiddly and time consuming and sometimes navigating back and forth through the ticket the platform hangs. It is also difficult to check an order, except by opening the order ticket again.

I have recently gone across to ODL, which allow all the details of the order ("If done" and "OCO") on the same page. The order then displays all these details on a single line in the active orders tab. Their platform seems quicker than CS's and doesn't hang during navigation of the order ticket.

capitals-

There is lot of un-used space and wasted blank space on the main trading page.
To make use of it is it possible to
A) Have a open position folder at the bottom, like IG and others?
B) Introduce more favourite folders?
C) Add news info.?

I have few more suggestions to make the platform better and more user friendly for traders which I will suggest once above are introduced.

Thanks for listening.

capitals-

C) Add news info.?

I have few more suggestions to make the platform better and more useser friendly for traders which I will suggest once above are introduced.

Thanks for listening.

yeah , alot of space unused ...

capitals-

C) Add news info.?

I have few more suggestions to make the platform better and more user friendly for traders which I will suggest once above are introduced.

Thanks for listening.
The new platform will contain some of these features.

The new platform will contain some of these features.

Have you seen the TradeFair version of CS?

It's still a bit fiddly but VERY workable, you can also split it across two screen which is very nice. Its just missing the all import "what is this trade going to cost me?" like at IG. (this was mentioned in an earlier post)

Does anyone know if this is where CS & the other white label trading platforms are going to look or is this just a TradeFair version?

BTW: For a CS white label TradeFair spreads seam a little wide. Any ideas on this? This was only the demo platform.

I have been really quite please with the direction of CS since the beginning of 09, not one problem please keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Have you seen the TradeFair version of CS?

It's still a bit fiddly but VERY workable, you can also split it across two screen which is very nice. Its just missing the all import "what is this trade going to cost me?" like at IG. (this was mentioned in an earlier post)

Does anyone know if this is where CS & the other white label trading platforms are going to look or is this just a TradeFair version?

BTW: For a CS white label TradeFair spreads seam a little wide. Any ideas on this? This was only the demo platform.

I have been really quite please with the direction of CS since the beginning of 09, not one problem please keep up the good work.
It has been a while since I had a look at it. I will sign up for a demo and have a closer look at the platform. The white label Dealingdesk has a really good thing going. If CS themselves is heading in this direction, it is very promising for the future. CS is one of the industry leaders, so the pressure and demand to perform, just as good as their own WL around, are a justified issue.

It has been a while since I had a look at it. I will sign up for a demo and have a closer look at the platform. The white label Dealingdesk has a really good thing going. If CS themselves is heading in this direction, it is very promising for the future. CS is one of the industry leaders, so the pressure and demand to perform, just as good as their own WL around, are a justified issue.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, attached are two screenshots, one of CS & one of TF.

Attachments

• CapSpd.JPG
    CapSpd.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 194
  • tradefair.JPG
    tradefair.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 186
pip star

i think the point from marlintrdg is actually how different they are. It is not remotely obvious that one is the same company as the other from the trading platforms.

Simon