Best Thread Capital Spreads

Zarif, another one Ive been getting LOL, is chasing the drop down execution box with the mouse pointer, and not being allowed to open a trade, usually when I had just had a few successful scalp trades,funny that.

I had to log out and in again to cure the problem, only to see the trade had got away from me, and was no longer viable.

I am having exactly the same problems with CS as all of you guys. I have been with them for 3 years now. Every time I email them about the problems, I always get the same answer : the fault is not from CS side but from my computer. Last time they even suggested that I delete "temporary files" and get the latest version of Adobe !!! They must think I am stupid. They cant even be honest and put their hand up.

This afternoon I could not log in to the CS website.

I phoned them to ask what was wrong with their site.

Their answer was .. there is nothing wrong with our site.....you should clear your cache.

I said that I had already cleared my cache 2 days ago because of a problem with the CS website.

Their answer ?

You should clear your cache every day.

Bolloc*ks said I and withdrew my whole balance.

Twa*ts.

This afternoon I could not log in to the CS website.

I phoned them to ask what was wrong with their site.

Their answer was .. there is nothing wrong with our site.....you should clear your cache.

I said that I had already cleared my cache 2 days ago because of a problem with the CS website.

Their answer ?

You should clear your cache every day.

Bolloc*ks said I and withdrew my whole balance.

Twa*ts.

Yep I think its time to go, Ive been reasonably happy in the past despite the usual glitches considered the norm with an SB.

But its getting beyond a joke now.

I will be withdrawing my whole balance tomorrow.

Cs

I am having no end of problems with CS today. Trouble logging on and then cant access my open positions. Unexpected error messages when trying to close a trade. ive been with them 3 yrs, but im pretty p....d off with them today, its getting to the point of voting with the feet, me thinks. I see E-Trade are offering £100 to open an account with them, ive not checked their spreads yet thou.

So peed off with them today i came on here. They used to switch all trades to tel only, when the markets were moving rapidly. Now they seem to have adopted a new tactic, of locking out the accounts. I managed to close a very good position on FTSE today, by logging out, deleting all cookies, files etc then going back in.It was really slow, but eventually they accepted the close. Having said that, tonight they locked out my account again, tried the same, but they have sussed that one.
Seems like the FSA should be notified of these unfair dealings.
No problems when losing :mad:

If you dunno what non farm payroll is don't trade today. It's American monthly employment report and (stupidly imo) is the biggest mover in most markets.

Its not going to be a good number arabianights M8
The cycle is prime for a drubbing.
The drubbing not too cleaver either.
Had a Bad January too.
Plus seen some nice buyers yesterday that will show people are keen to get back into the markets (do Plus)
This week its telling me that we have not sold of much below 8000 on the dow because the Plus number could be ok ?
If its just as expected sell
If its worse than expected sell
If its better than expected we will see a good rally until tuesday.

If anyone has read any of my posts here they will know how i will play this number, by having lots of buy orders bove and lots of sell orders below the figure at 1.29pm GMT

14pts breathing space will be surfice.

Happy trading I will be sitting on my hands until 1pm, going to gym now for a swim and jacuzzi :)

I see E-Trade are offering £100 to open an account with them, ive not checked their spreads yet thou.

Where do you see that Etrade is offering 100 pounds to open an account? I could not see that on their website.

Here's the link: E*TRADE[/url]

Thank you for that and you are right.
It is strange though that they are having such a good promotion and there is no mention of it on the Etrade home page. I would have thought they would be making a big deal of it by making it more visible.

difficult to defend our performance over the last week

we have come across problems that sprang out of nowhere and my customer servcices and dealers have been doing their best to cover client requirements.

our IT providers and developers have (hopefully) corrected and refined the delivery in the short term but as most will be aware the delivey of IT upgrades and patches is never an immediate solution. Unfortunately (unlike the LSE or Eurex) we cannot just close down the entire exchange and say "******** to the lot of you" and we must do our best to offer as continuous a service as possible (even if this does not suit everyone).

no doubt every one and his dog will attack us but that is the name of the game these days.... all i can say is that occasionally i feel for 'our gordon' when he is under pressure from all sides.

simon

The rudeness of your telephone staff is impossible to defend as they try to talk through you.

They do not listen and never, ever does a member of your suPport staff admit that the problem lies with CS.

It is always the fault of the customer and his or her computer.

The rudeness of your telephone staff is impossible to defend as they try to talk through you.

They do not listen and never, ever does a member of your suPport staff admit that the problem lies with CS.

It is always the fault of the customer and his or her computer.

I would have to agree. Hence, I closed my account.

Your FTSE prices this afternoon were clearly way out. At one point IG were up at 83 offer I could have bought ftse with you at 72, but I couldn't because the trade would be rejected. The CS prices were clearly about 30 seconds behind IG this PM but there was no telling this to the CS Customer Service Team !

I called up customer services to TELL THEM there was a problem with the FTSE price. I was told it was A OK this was apparently confirmed by the CS dealers I was told to ignore IG. The lady I spoke to based her theory that the ftse price was OK because it was updating frequently. :rolleyes: My prices were the EXACT same prices she had on her bid/offer yet I couldn't trade them.

After being told the usual nonsense of clearing Cache etc etc and there was no CS fault I realised this woman was CLUELESS and the platform was clearly unstable so closed the account.

I have no problem with the odd trade reject here or there, but I must have had in excess of 20 this pm.

CS staff are obviously trained to say "Clear your cache".

I wonder if they know what it means.