Best Thread Capital Spreads

Is anybody else having trouble accessing their "open positions" and "order book" this morning ?

Is anybody else having trouble accessing their "open positions" and "order book" this morning ?

Yes my friend "load a ******** by them today" - blank screen " no positions to display" cant access Order books etc - they are certainly trying the patience - bluudy crooked behaviour when trying to trade

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rgds

Yes my friend "load a ******** by them today" - blank screen " no positions to display" cant access Order books etc - they are certainly trying the patience - bluudy crooked behaviour when trying to trade

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rgds

Try IGIndex - downtime is minimal and there are no delays when opening or closing a position. You won't regret it.

Tony

open positions were not being displayed but trades were going through as per normal and clients were receiving trade confirms. I know this is not satisfactory and there are some heavy duty system analysis diagnostics going on this morning to try to work out what went wrong. The system was back online at 07.13 before any european/us indices, comodities or equity markets were open.

Simon

Thanks for the replies everybody, I was getting a little paranoid there.

I placed simultaneous buy and sell orders with intention of cancelling one because the O.C.O. is not working. When I logged on this morning the buy had triggered but I was unable to cancel the short (managed it eventually).

Simon, do you intend to bring back the O.C.O. feature ?

vorbis

yes... definately ..... for some reason a change in the code was creating trades at a price of 0.00 (!) nice for longs but a bit of a shock for shorts....so we had to pull it.. developers are working on it as I write.

Simon

I'd like to say how great it is to have Simon answering queries here, and that his site works a lot better on my mac than my current SB co- (their name begins with an F) so I'll be trading with CG from now on.
Simon have you got any jobs going? :)

Mike

Hi there, Any one using Capitalspreads. I went short on the FTSE100 and put my stop loss eleven points above the price. Ftse went up 10 points afterwards and i got kicked out just before it retraced in my predicted direction . I called them to ask why and they told me its because of their one pip spread. Is this standard practice with sb firms to close your positions when price is just a pip away from your stop loss or was this just a rip off.

Thanks.
It gone up 10 points this mean the ask price reached your stop loss point , its ok to be stopped out , but if the ask price didnt reach your point it is not ok .

yeah.. just shell out the extra wide spreads :LOL:
nearly the same spreads on Rolling daily markets except oil , ftse 2 instead of 1 ,yen 3 instead of 2 , dow the same , euro the same , euro/pound the same , dont forget 2 important things , Igindex markets r open 24 h and they have GSL :)

I've also got an account with IG but while it's OK for day-trading there are no rolling bets making it too expensive to hold a position for several days.

Editing because I've just seen tars post, do they do rolling now ? , I could'nt see any for forex last time I looked.

I'll check again.

Last edited:
I've also got an account with IG but while it's OK for day-trading there are no rolling bets making it too expensive to hold a position for several days.

Editing because I've just seen tars post, do they do rolling now ? , I could'nt see any for forex last time I looked.

I'll check again.
By the way i am still in the process to open an account w them , i tried cfd demo and binaries . But look at the link below u can c that if u want to rollover u should give them notice to rollover all ur daily bets unless u close it . the rollover spread (plus-minus) for ftse 0.5 point , dow 1 point . And 2% annually rollover charge (plus-minus overnight rates) for spot FX . Their is dividend adjusment for indices ofcourse , tues/wed for the FTSE100 .

http://www.igindex.co.uk/content/files/dealing_handbook.pdf

Thanks for the link, tar.

I've just had a quick look through and found this :

"Daily Bets expire on the same day as the bet is opened, at the closing
market bid/offer price of the share on the relevant exchange, plus or
minus half the IG spread. However, you can always ask for the bet to
be rolled over to the next day. This involves closing the old bet and
opening a new one. The opening level of the new bet will be adjusted
to reflect the effect of interest, any dividends and any borrowing
charges, but there is no extra IG spread to pay.
You can roll a Daily Bet over as many times as you like. You can also
leave us a standing instruction to roll a particular Daily Bet, until
such time as you instruct us to close it. Alternatively you can leave a
standing instruction to roll all your open bets until you decide to close
them."

Effectively, it seems that you can arrange to have a daily bet treat the same as Capital treat a rolling bet. Does anybody use both and know how the "adjustments" compare with Capitals daily rollover charges?

Thanks for the link, tar.

I've just had a quick look through and found this :

"Daily Bets expire on the same day as the bet is opened, at the closing
market bid/offer price of the share on the relevant exchange, plus or
minus half the IG spread. However, you can always ask for the bet to
be rolled over to the next day. This involves closing the old bet and
opening a new one. The opening level of the new bet will be adjusted
to reflect the effect of interest, any dividends and any borrowing
charges, but there is no extra IG spread to pay.
You can roll a Daily Bet over as many times as you like. You can also
leave us a standing instruction to roll a particular Daily Bet, until
such time as you instruct us to close it. Alternatively you can leave a
standing instruction to roll all your open bets until you decide to close
them."

Effectively, it seems that you can arrange to have a daily bet treat the same as Capital treat a rolling bet. Does anybody use both and know how the "adjustments" compare with Capitals daily rollover charges?
u r welcome , Capitalspreads charge is 2% above intrest rate , ex. ftse is in pound and the rate is 5% capitalspreads charges 7% instead of 5% if u r long Ftse and gIves u 3% annually instead of 5% if u r short Ftse , example : u r long 10p/p ftse at 5300 u pay daily = (5%+2%)*5300*10 / 365 =10 pound daily . example: u r short 10p/p ftse at 5300 u take daily = (5%-2%)*5300*10/365=4 pound . ( if u r long equities u pay , if u r short equities u take usually ) . Ig charges u or gives u at Ftse 0.5 point for every contract , and 1 point for the dow .
About Fx as i understand IG and Capitalspreads r the same 2% caharge above the intrest rate , Example : u r long pound/$ 10 p/p =( 5%for the pound-2% for the $ -2% for CS ) *19800*10/365=u take 5 pound daily .

By the way Tradefair ( white label for capitalspreads , belong to betfair ) charges u 1% instead of 2% .

About divdends ( Ftse at wed morning ) Capitalspreads charges u 100% of the divdend if u r short and gives u 80% of the divdend if u r long .

If u calculte it for the Dow ( 2% cuz its in $ ) , CS charges u 4%=1.25point daily if u r long and gives u 0% if u r short but at igindex they charge u 1 point long ang gives u 1 point if u r short Dow .

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry if this has already been asked but I have the following queries and don't have time to go through 445 pages to find out if already asked:
Am currently using Etrade for FTSE100, S&P 500 and eurodollar. The areas I'm asking about are areas where I'm having problems with Etrade:
- can I specify my stop with each trade using the bid/ask or do I have to move to a seperate window once the trade is on to do that?
- Let's say I'm trading the FTSE and my entry is 5360 and my target 5310. As the indice moves down, it meets resistance at the 50% Fib retracement. Not knowing what will happen next, I decide to hedge my position at 5335 but I still want my trade to stay on. If I try buying on Etrade when I have a short position on, it cancels out the short position. Does your platform have a facility that enables me to place trades in 2 directions without canceling out both trades?
- Is the leverage on the S&P the same as for etrade: ie if I sell 1 S&P at 1250.0 and buy back at 1248.0, at £1 per point, I make £16. I found that on Finspreads, I'd make £1.60, so prefer to check.

Anyone else having orders "missed" when trading Wall St Rolling Daily ? Have watched price come to rest on my order price but not trigger it several times, only for it then to move in my direction, leaving my order still unfilled. I am sure there is an innocent explanation for this !

Anyone else having orders "missed" when trading Wall St Rolling Daily ? Have watched price come to rest on my order price but not trigger it several times, only for it then to move in my direction, leaving my order still unfilled. I am sure there is an innocent explanation for this !

Ring them up, sounds like a palpable pricing error on filling a clients order. I'm sure they will make you good and put you in the trade from your original order price if it hit it several times without filling you.