Best Thread Capital Spreads

In a way I think Lee is right. Isn't it best to start posting other issues on this thread? Everything is not black or white, there are shades of gray to things as well. There are a few of you who have a very negative opinion on CS service. Yet, many of you do not even trade with CS, or have left them for another company. I have not read of any major problem with CS recently that has been brought forward on this thread, and if there are any out there, let these traders come out and present their cases alongside those who have a positive outlook on CS. As things are right now, the same people are repeating the same old issues over and over again. As for myself, I will definitely be posting more restrictively. This is in order not to repeat myself too much. It is a lot of fun communicating, but I must set aside some time for trading as well.:)

Being repetetive is a very useful tool. Anyway, some things are black and white.

1- Whether Capital spreads fills, rejects or requotes is black and white. Either they do it or they don't

2- Whether capital spreads having a system in place never to fill trades they say are rejected is black and white. Either it happens or it doesn't

3- whether Simon acknowledes these specific issues and addresses them and fixes the problems so they don't happen is black and white

A winner knows what to fight for and what to compromise on.
A loser compromises on what he should not and fights for what isn't worth fighting for.
Every day is a battle in life and it is very important that we are fighting for the right things and not wasting our time with trivial matters.

Capital Spreads are legally correct (if not, sue them).
Capital Spreads will not refund losers money.

Solution, give up complaining (especially over and over), if you cant win the fight then find another spread bet company, there's many out there.

If you feel that all spread bet companies are the same (which they mostly are), go direct access. If you cant afford that then dont play the markets.

Remember it's not personal, it's business. The house always wins.

A winner knows what to fight for and what to compromise on.
A loser compromises on what he should not and fights for what isn't worth fighting for.
Every day is a battle in life and it is very important that we are fighting for the right things and not wasting our time with trivial matters.

Capital Spreads are legally correct (if not, sue them).
Capital Spreads will not refund losers money.

Solution, give up complaining (especially over and over), if you cant win the fight then find another spread bet company, there's many out there.

If you feel that all spread bet companies are the same (which they mostly are), go direct access. If you cant afford that then dont play the markets.

Remember it's not personal, it's business. The house always wins.

Apparently people were repeating themselves. Now the people who were complaining about people repeating themselves are repeating their complaints. Now I want to complain about the people who were complaining about the people who were repeating themselves - they've fallen into their own trap of repeating themselves. Now, just so we are clear on this matter, are you complaining about people who are complaining or are you complaining about people repeating themselves? Or, are you merely repeating an earlier complaint? For what it's worth I think repeat complaints are acceptable but complaints about repeats are not. The last thing we need right now are complaints about complaints.

Please don't let me have to repeat this.
Steve (Complaints Department).

A winner knows what to fight for......ah.

I've said that..sorry.

Let me know if I repeat myself so I can change and improve.

Great post.

Thanks in advance.:LOL:...lol

Apparently people were repeating themselves. Now the people who were complaining about people repeating themselves are repeating their complaints. Now I want to complain about the people who were complaining about the people who were repeating themselves - they've fallen into their own trap of repeating themselves. Now, just so we are clear on this matter, are you complaining about people who are complaining or are you complaining about people repeating themselves? Or, are you merely repeating an earlier complaint? For what it's worth I think repeat complaints are acceptable but complaints about repeats are not. The last thing we need right now are complaints about complaints.

Please don't let me have to repeat this.
Steve (Complaints Department).

Arabian,

"The other way of looking at it is that we are traders, not the women's institute*".

I wouldn't be so sure. Simon seems to have plenty of bitches around here.

Grant.

Fxscalper,

Yes, I do want you to contribute very little to the thread. I don't even read about CS but I'd noticed your continued attacks. Hell, I wouldn't even go near a spreadbetter with a barge pole. I think you're all mad; your government has driven you in a stupid direction with UK tax laws.

But.

We have vendor threads so that they can respond to issues not so that they can be harassed (much/continuously). So if you want to contribute to the thread then think about keeping it to once every few weeks and keeping it polite. Ones argument is better understood by the readers if it kept clean and to the point.

Nine,

Rationing over a long time period will simply extend the lack of addressing issues. Then it becomes a question of he with the greatest patience (and I doubt FX is will easily let something go). Simon is the one who can end all misery. But he won't (can't).

Grant.

LOL Grant.

Can't you guys end it by taking your business to someone else?

Fxscalper,

Yes, I do want you to contribute very little to the thread. I don't even read about CS but I'd noticed your continued attacks. Hell, I wouldn't even go near a spreadbetter with a barge pole. I think you're all mad; your government has driven you in a stupid direction with UK tax laws.

But.

We have vendor threads so that they can respond to issues not so that they can be harassed (much/continuously). So if you want to contribute to the thread then think about keeping it to once every few weeks and keeping it polite. Ones argument is better understood by the readers if it kept clean and to the point.

Ok, this is the funniest thing I read in a while. You are telling me how often to post? What are you talking about? Your opinion of how often something needs to be said is just your opinion. I happen to believe you have to repeatedely raise issues that you think are important.

I don't think your job is to educate us about the effective way to present arguments. Why do you think you have a special expertise on the issue? How about asking Simon whether he will address the hugely important issues I raised. He is allowed to get away with never dealing with serious concerns but we can't put pressure on him. Maybe he provides advertising revenue, I don't know, but it would be disgraceful if you want to protect him from legitimate crticism.

As to taking our business elsewhere, may be we did; maybe we don't want to. I don't think that is your concern really. I am prepared to use civil language and not be rude at all, but I don't believe you can tell me how, or how often, to argue. Are you serious?

Let me keep it simple then so that you understand.

Fxscalper we received a large number of complaints about you and your posts. Keep it up and you will be banned.

Last edited:
Ok, this is the funniest thing I read in a while. You are telling me how often to post? What are you talking about? Your opinion of how often something needs to be said is just your opinion. I happen to believe you have to repeatedely raise issues that you think are important.

I don't think your job is to educate us about the effective way to present arguments. Why do you think you have a special expertise on the issue? How about asking Simon whether he will address the hugely important issues I raised. He is allowed to get away with never dealing with serious concerns but we can't put pressure on him. Maybe he provides advertising revenue, I don't know, but it would be disgraceful if you want to protect him from legitimate crticism.

As to taking our business elsewhere, may be we did; maybe we don't want to. I don't think that is your concern really. I am prepared to use civil language and not be rude at all, but I don't believe you can tell me how, or how often, to argue. Are you serious?
FXSCALPER, this is a battle you just can't win. Be smart and tone it down a little bit. Who do you think bring visitors and content to this site and thread? Yes, having Simon attending this board draws a lot of traffic to this site. I for one don't have any problem having you on this board, as long as you don't flame us repeatedly with your cut&paste technique, along with your constant harassment and abusive language toward anyone that might have a different opinion.

Nine,

"Fxscalper we received a large number of complaints about you and your posts. Keep it up and you will be banned".

Arabiannights made a reference to the Womens' Institute; this is worse. Indeed, any memeber of WI is more of a man than some of the sycophants on this board.

Why not hand just hand everything over to Walt Disney and have done with all the nasty things in the world?

Grant.

Fxscalper we received a large number of complaints about you and your posts. Keep it up and you will be banned.

Keep what up, nine? That last post of mine was perfectly civil, was it not?

Whilst I wouldnt personally post in FX's 'style' I would point out that a number of prior posts encouraged people to complain about his posts. This could be an additional reason for the increase.

Steve.

Yes Fxscalper. I agree, it was just fine.

Steve, it could be but the complainers were not "specials."

Look, I have NO respect for ANY spread betting company or fx bucket shop. I won't touch them personally. But that is my view and not T2Ws position necessarily.

What I do have is a respect for what T2W is when compared with Elite. It is an opportunity to put up complementary or divergent points of view without them being trampled under the boots of stronger members. And it's about reasonable behaviour even when faced with issues such as may occur with CS.

I infracted someone over their behaviour with a vendor soon after I took this "fun" role. And several weeks later I banned the vendor with agreement from the other mods and the advisors. But the infraction was valid --- even though said vendor got banned. Note that the mods do ban people for a few days some times to try to get the point across but the vendor got banned permanently.

What I said to that person was that they need to limit the number of times they complain. And they need to keep it rational. The arguments will be more effective that way and we don't have to spoil T2W to make their points.

OK. Off my personal soap box. Back to catching spammers. And removing the "language" from Grant's posts.

A lot of comment in the two days away.

As for FX's questions ... which i have answered about five bl***dy times.

If we rejected a trade and subsequently filled it don't you think that would break just about every FSA, Mifid rule in the book? So the answer is no we don't ..Is that clear enuf? Please do not confuse a 'trade rejection' with a message saying 'there has been a problem with the trade please check your open positions' (or words to that effect). i.e very occassionally, as we are a web based trading platform (rather than a downloaded one), there can be connection faults between our servers and your pc. If your pc does not get a trade confirm, or rejection, on a trade request made by you within a certain time period it will default to a message telling you to check your positions (or trade blotter) to see whether the trade has happened or not. I personally would consider this to be a very good safety valve. My dealers make hedging trades via various exchanges and quite frequently it is difficult to know, immediately, whether we have been filled or not because there is no confirm ticket on screen.

Other question... Yes we reject some trades.... I have said this god knows how many times. .. no we do not do 'requotes' the client must made the trade attempt again...again this is blatently obvious to anyone with an account with us.

No doubt somehow these answers will cause offence to somebody somewhere. Some people always think that every trade they ever make should be accepted no matter what. I am afraid that the market do not (and never have) worked that way. As many readers here who have actually traded 'direct access' will know very well, frequently somebody, somewhere, is just faster than you and you end up on the 'offer' or 'bid' with nothing done.

Simon

A lot of comment in the two days away.

As for FX's questions ... which i have answered about five bl***dy times.

If we rejected a trade and subsequently filled it don't you think that would break just about every FSA, Mifid rule in the book? So the answer is no we don't ..Is that clear enuf? Please do not confuse a 'trade rejection' with a message saying 'there has been a problem with the trade please check your open positions' (or words to that effect). i.e very occassionally, as we are a web based trading platform (rather than a downloaded one), there can be connection faults between our servers and your pc. If your pc does not get a trade confirm, or rejection, on a trade request made by you within a certain time period it will default to a message telling you to check your positions (or trade blotter) to see whether the trade has happened or not. I personally would consider this to be a very good safety valve. My dealers make hedging trades via various exchanges and quite frequently it is difficult to know, immediately, whether we have been filled or not because there is no confirm ticket on screen.

Other question... Yes we reject some trades.... I have said this god knows how many times. .. no we do not do 'requotes' the client must made the trade attempt again...again this is blatently obvious to anyone with an account with us.

No doubt somehow these answers will cause offence to somebody somewhere. Some people always think that every trade they ever make should be accepted no matter what. I am afraid that the market do not (and never have) worked that way. As many readers here who have actually traded 'direct access' will know very well, frequently somebody, somewhere, is just faster than you and you end up on the 'offer' or 'bid' with nothing done.

Simon

First, I do not personally trade with you any more. Second, I have never asked you to accept every trade. Indeed I said 'fill or reject'. Here I am refering to your platform making people wait sometimes for minutes without giving them a chance to cancel the trade before your dealer decides to fill it.

It is also not true that you do not fill trades that your system says has been rejected. You do. It happened to me repeatdely just recently.

I do understand how the market works. I trade DMA and I get slipped all the time. I have said elsewhere that, if the SB company is good and competent, your profitablity in the long run is about the same trading DMA or SB. But if I try a trade and I get slipped or partialled, but I get filled, then I have control over the trade. I can kill it, let it run or whatever.

You, on the other hand, take ages to fill the trade which I cannot cancel if I wish. Then the open position doesn't show for a long time so I can't do anything with it. This is completely unacceptable. What I am saying here is revamp your[tries not to swear:D] platform so this issues do not arise.

Once you do that, I will be off. I really have no interest in you personally, believe me. I just cannot believe you think it is better to deal with the problems day after day rather than sort it out and have a sound platform and be done with it.