Best Thread Capital Spreads

I dont think that there are problems related to FX only. Those who trade other instruments have also reported delays. I suppose the most obvious example is to quote a volatile market like FX. One possible explanation which I always consider is that there may be several traders at CS on dealer confirm. Thus they experience delays while others dont ???

I dont think that there are problems related to FX only. Those who trade other instruments have also reported delays. I suppose the most obvious example is to quote a volatile market like FX. One possible explanation which I always consider is that there may be several traders at CS on dealer confirm. Thus they experience delays while others dont ???
Yes I posted previously on the delay problem issue, there is no such problem for me anymore. The same goes for the position not appearing in the open position window, it appears instantly now. By the way my dealer is also "John", he has become a much nicer fellow these days, he sure has a lot of work to do.

............................ One possible explanation which I always consider is that there may be several traders at CS on dealer confirm. Thus they experience delays while others dont ???

Has anybody been able to deduce what you have to do to get put in detention, oops I mean on dealer confirm?

Has anybody been able to deduce what you have to do to get put in detention, oops I mean on dealer confirm?
Yes I could imagen, only trading big during news time, and on a lagging quote would help.

This is one 'debate' in which you do not require balance. Either they provide good service or they shut down. It makes no difference to you whether I am happy with them if they are playing with your trades. Capital Spreads are playing a dangerous game and you guys who trade there should force them to change or close down. WTF?!

NO EXCUSES CAPITAL SPREADS, JUST FIX IT NOW

Im gusessing you are agreeing with my points. I left CS and moved back to IG (see my posts above) and FB for my day to day trading. I dont get why anyone who has bad service with them still stays with them.

I am kind of surprised to read all these negative posts lately. I will therefore say it again, I have experienced a noticeable improvement in the execution speed from CS in recent weeks. I trade the indices and not FX. One could ask, why do some traders have these negative experiences while trading with CS, when I, on the other side, see a completely different picture? Could it be that these are mostly FX and news traders? During news releases at DMA the spread widens considerably, no doubt about that. Take for instant the biggest retail FX broker Oanda, who widen their spread just before a news release, in order to cover up for the real market spread. This is the problem with SB and fixed spread, the SB cannot guarantee a fixed price all the way out, especially when there is a major difference from that of the real market price. I do not defend CS, they clearly have some issues to deal with, but to say they are all bad is far from the truth. As for Simon, his appearances at this board have become more and more seldom, I for one do appreciate it when he does stop by. There are very few representatives of the SB industry attending this forum. I am quite sure they will stop posting, if they are also targeted privately and the discussion is based on groundless facts.

It is not limited to FX and I certainly do not think that people's gripes are "groundless". Im sure you can see the possibility of abuse when a dealer sits there and decides whether to fill you or not. While Im very happy for you that all is well with CS, there are many other who have not been as fortunate.

Well my brother has just had confirmation of the DELIBERATE tactics employed by CS. I have just watched him (3 mins ago) try and place a trade to go long on Brent Crude. Each time, during the time it took to "process" the trade, the price had moved around 8-10 points in his favour. Surprise surprise the trade gets rejected. Now of course Simon would save that this is because price moved outside the spread before the trade was processed (Spread is 5 points).

My brother then tries again and this time, the price gaps 25 points DOWN (not uncommon for Crude given it's volatility), by CS's own "rules" this trade should be rejected right? WRONG!! The dealer waits until he is 35 points down and fills him.

I know this is making me sound like I'm on a anti-CS crusade but given the amount of good advice I have been given on these boards I feel duty bound to warn others.

It is not limited to FX and I certainly do not think that people's gripes are "groundless". Im sure you can see the possibility of abuse when a dealer sits there and decides whether to fill you or not. While Im very happy for you that all is well with CS, there are many other who have not been as fortunate.
When I was referring to "groundless" I was not referring to ordinary posts about trading issues with CS. I thought that was obvious. Anyway, if you look through this thread a couple of months back, you will find that I am also very critical about CS' execution model. I have also brought up many platform issues over the past few months, that need to be addressed. On the other hand, if I experience that CS service has improved considerably, I feel I should report this as well, not only post when things go wrong. Otherwise this board discussion would be totally useless, if one hears only one side of the debate. I am sure you agree about this standpoint. I have been in this game for quite a long time, and I have personally experienced every possible scenario and trading woes. I do understand very well the problems you are talking about.

Well my brother has just had confirmation of the DELIBERATE tactics employed by CS. I have just watched him (3 mins ago) try and place a trade to go long on Brent Crude. Each time, during the time it took to "process" the trade, the price had moved around 8-10 points in his favour. Surprise surprise the trade gets rejected. Now of course Simon would save that this is because price moved outside the spread before the trade was processed (Spread is 5 points).

My brother then tries again and this time, the price gaps 25 points DOWN (not uncommon for Crude given it's volatility), by CS's own "rules" this trade should be rejected right? WRONG!! The dealer waits until he is 35 points down and fills him.

I know this is making me sound like I'm on a anti-CS crusade but given the amount of good advice I have been given on these boards I feel duty bound to warn others.
Trading crude oil given its volatility at the time, is begging to get burned, if there is a delay in execution, as you have said. It is like giving away the control of the position, anything can happen. You just got to have instant execution on crude, to be able to handle the volatility and the leverage. I have not experienced CS playing this kind of trick on a regular basis, often you get filled at the right price, even if it takes some time. Ask yourself, is there a delay in quote, or some other problem that is causing them to take this action. I never continue to trade with a company, if I am put on referral to a dealer on a continuous basis. If this happens today, there are many better alternatives around to choose from.

Trading crude oil given its volatility at the time, is begging to get burned, if there is a delay in execution, as you have said. It is like giving away the control of the position, anything can happen. You just got to have instant execution on crude, to be able to handle the volatility and the leverage. I have not experienced CS playing this kind of trick on a regular basis, often you get filled at the right price, even if it takes some time. Ask yourself, is there a delay in quote, or some other problem that is causing them to take this action. I never continue to trade with a company, if I am put on referral to a dealer on a continuous basis. If this happens today, there are many better alternatives around to choose from.

Well it serves my brother right for not moving to FB and IG like I did!

gle,

You are either a fool or very naive. Listen, 'debate' is the wrong word. A spread bet company has to provide good service to all its client, end of story. Being slipped and requoted happens everywhere. That is not the issue. The issue is Simon's stupid outfit not letting people know whether they are filled or not. That is outrageous. It doesn't happen to you. Yeah, so what? Maybe you are a rubbish trader so they don't care, or maybe you don't day trade volitile markets, maybe you trade £2/pip and wait until there are no lags in the price. Who cares. It is silly for anyone to say, 'hey they are ok with me'. Who wants to know?

The fact is that Capital Spreads do not like good short term traders. You can defend them until you are blue in the face but you better realise that they don't give two hoots about you or anyone else. They will screw everybody they come across if they could get away with it. You think they are there for your benefit? How can you even believe this 'debate' needs a balance? It doesn't. If they are providing good service, we don't want to know. That is what they should be doing. If they are rubbish, we want to know, make lots of noise and, if they don't sort it out, bring them down. Everybody should know they would be refered if they do well day trading. Stop talking BS.

gle,

You are either a fool or very naive. Listen, 'debate' is the wrong word. A spread bet company has to provide good service to all its client, end of story. Being slipped and requoted happens everywhere. That is not the issue. The issue is Simon's stupid outfit not letting people know whether they are filled or not. That is outrageous. It doesn't happen to you. Yeah, so what? Maybe you are a rubbish trader so they don't care, or maybe you don't day trade volitile markets, maybe you trade £2/pip and wait until there are no lags in the price. Who cares. It is silly for anyone to say, 'hey they are ok with me'. Who wants to know?

The fact is that Capital Spreads do not like good short term traders. You can defend them until you are blue in the face but you better realise that they don't give two hoots about you or anyone else. They will screw everybody they come across if they could get away with it. You think they are there for your benefit? How can you even believe this 'debate' needs a balance? It doesn't. If they are providing good service, we don't want to know. That is what they should be doing. If they are rubbish, we want to know, make lots of noise and, if they don't sort it out, bring them down. Everybody should know they would be refered if they do well day trading. Stop talking BS.

Unnecessarily rude, I think

Unnecessarily rude, I think

Sometimes you have to give people a wake up call. This gle fellow wants to be 'balanced' about Spread Bet companies and he persists on doing it. This is a one way street: they HAVE TO provide good service. No balance, no on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hand BS. Trading comes with the slippage but it certainly doesn't come with people not knowing whether their positions are open, finding a trade excuted 30 minutes later, etc. No 'balance', no excuses and stories, sort it out now.

People like gle are like turkies voting for x-mas. Simon has to sort this out immidiately. SB companies are greedy bookies just like any gambling shop, stop kidding yourselves and certainly don't even think you have to defend anything they do. You kidding with this?!!

Everybody should know they would be refered if they do well day trading.

I have to agree with your statement. The speed of execution, fills, slippage on my account all worsened after a period of very successsful trading with CS. It's the price to pay for success, I suppose. Win and suddenly the game becomes more difficult; lose and you enjoy great execution, perfect fills and virtually no slippage. But is CS any different in this aspect from the other spread bet companies out there?

By the way, is anyone under any illusions as to why CS has disabled (greyed out) its OCO order facility? Certainly not to help us traders.

gle,

In order to brand somebody as "rubbish", one has to be reasonably sure of his ground. This certainty requires a free discussion with those who have first hand experience. With your avowed dislike of Capitalspreads in general, and Simon in particular, I don't suppose you have ever traded with them in the recent past (correct me if I am wrong), and so do not have first hand experience of their platform as it functions at the moment.

Do you have a problem with a free and open discussion? This is what a forum like this is all about. I also suggest you take a look at the T2W forum discussion conduct rules.

I called to ask and was told by Louise that "IG work out their FTSE price differently than us"...40 points difference???!!

Were you taking into consideration that there was a 31 point ex dividend on FTSE which, as always, comes out Wednesday mornings?

If you were watching IG then you were watching the 'Cash' price with an expiry for Wednesday's close of business which would obviously have the divi deducted since "Daily Cash Wednesday" has finance and xd discounted in the current price.
You were comparing this with a "Rolling Cash" product which, depending on which platform you use, gets "Rolled" at a specific time. Capital 'roll' their markets after the close. This means that Wednesday's xd wouldnt get deducted until the market shut at 9pm Tuesday evening at which point, if you were short, you would get 31 x stake deduced from your account which you would effectively get back once the ftse gapped lower the next morning. Likewise, if you were long, you would get the divi paid into your account (although Capital only pay 80% of it for some reason!) - You would of couse suffer the 31 point drop on your position when the market reopened.

So the answer to your question is one of 'determination date'. Always be aware of this on a Tuesday evening since FTSE goes ex div on Wednesday morning at the open.

Steve.

Were you taking into consideration that there was a 31 point ex dividend on FTSE which, as always, comes out Wednesday mornings?

If you were watching IG then you were watching the 'Cash' price with an expiry for Wednesday's close of business which would obviously have the divi deducted since "Daily Cash Wednesday" has finance and xd discounted in the current price.
You were comparing this with a "Rolling Cash" product which, depending on which platform you use, gets "Rolled" at a specific time. Capital 'roll' their markets after the close. This means that Wednesday's xd wouldnt get deducted until the market shut at 9pm Tuesday evening at which point, if you were short, you would get 31 x stake deduced from your account which you would effectively get back once the ftse gapped lower the next morning. Likewise, if you were long, you would get the divi paid into your account (although Capital only pay 80% of it for some reason!) - You would of couse suffer the 31 point drop on your position when the market reopened.

So the answer to your question is one of 'determination date'. Always be aware of this on a Tuesday evening since FTSE goes ex div on Wednesday morning at the open.

Steve.

How much the averge movement in FTSE100 at WED opening ? Can we take advantage from this movement at binary websites ?!