Best Thread Capital Spreads

fx winner

Funny how facts disappear out the window sometimes.

as you well know you have been winning very large sums for two years. Hardly the 'when you are winning and get to a certain size Capital Spreads dont want to know' . Your size with us has remained pretty constant throughout most of that period. Just because we slip ONE trade you get all 'i'm being persecuted'. As you also know, but have not bothered to mention, we corrected the 'slip' yesterday.

Run the numbers

The point about trading strategies which are not mathmatically based is that if too many people start to act on them then they become self defeating because enough 'market makers' get to know where orders are as well. If you are putting orders of £30m at a certain price every day and you place the orders through 8 brokers then the 8 brokers get to know what you are doing. They see that your strategy is successful and start to do the same thing (they may tell their mates as well) then loads of copycats come in and add their orders to these levels as well This swiftly adds up and the numbers get to £150m, £200m or more at a 'known level' then this becomes a worthwhile amount for the MM to hunt down.

As FXwinners mentions there are plently of differing strategies (fibs pivots trends momentum etc etc etc) but the point about them is that one mans fib point is not always the same as someone else. pivots momentums etc depend upon what period you are looking at. One dealer might like the 5 day moving ave vs the 20 day the dealer sitting next to him might prefer 3 day vs 15 day.

We certainly do not act against any clients, winning or otherwise. nearly all trades (especially in equities indices and commodities) just go straight through no matter what the size. FX tends to bring out the scalpers so we are more careful there. FXwinners is not a scalper at all, as he places orders to be activated and (because he is a consistent winner) we then place orders to cover his positions. If he wins we win if he loses we lose. There is no 'size' issue involved at all. If he put £1000 a point with us we would just leave £19.5m orders in the market. The point about slippage is that the bigger the order the bigger the chance of slippage. And if there is a large accumulation of orders at a certain price then the chances of slippage increase again

To move sterling a pip generally takes about £30M (£1500 a point) if MMs (because of previous experience) know where a sell/buy order for £100/200M is.Then when the market gets close to the triggers they will be tempted to hunt for them.

Simon

<< is not a scalper at all, as he places orders to be activated and (because he is a consistent winner) we then place orders to cover his positions. If he wins we win if he loses we lose.>>

Don't quite follow this. If FXWInner has been making 'Very Large Sums' for two years and you has been following him then surely CS should be happy to have him! If he loses, surely CS still at least makes money from the spread, which is how SB companies work.

phil

we are very happy to have him as a client (although the spread argument does not hold too well in currencies as we quote 3 pips and the 'real market' is generally 2 or 3 pips as well). If we trigger an order, say, to sell £150 a point at 1.9630 then the underlying market will be that price as well (1.9630-1.9633 or maybe 1.9631-33 or 1.9630-32) and we must pay commissions on our trades with the market makers.

There is a common misunderstanding that we can just pick up currency deals at the bid or sell them at the offer. We can't, we must go into the market like everyone else and pay the offer or hit the bids.

The point about this is that we do not make enough money out of these deals (maybe 1/2 pip a round trip after costs if we are lucky) that we can just absorb major slips in our fills. Which was the point behind my comment. We would be more than happy to take all his opening trades (rather than him spreading around 8 brokers) but i guess that is unlikely to happen. (!!)

cheers

simon

capitalspreads said:
fx winner

Funny how facts disappear out the window sometimes.

as you well know you have been winning very large sums for two years. Hardly the 'when you are winning and get to a certain size Capital Spreads dont want to know' . Your size with us has remained pretty constant throughout most of that period. Just because we slip ONE trade you get all 'i'm being persecuted'. As you also know, but have not bothered to mention, we corrected the 'slip' yesterday.

Run the numbers

The point about trading strategies which are not mathmatically based is that if too many people start to act on them then they become self defeating because enough 'market makers' get to know where orders are as well. If you are putting orders of £30m at a certain price every day and you place the orders through 8 brokers then the 8 brokers get to know what you are doing. They see that your strategy is successful and start to do the same thing (they may tell their mates as well) then loads of copycats come in and add their orders to these levels as well This swiftly adds up and the numbers get to £150m, £200m or more at a 'known level' then this becomes a worthwhile amount for the MM to hunt down.

As FXwinners mentions there are plently of differing strategies (fibs pivots trends momentum etc etc etc) but the point about them is that one mans fib point is not always the same as someone else. pivots momentums etc depend upon what period you are looking at. One dealer might like the 5 day moving ave vs the 20 day the dealer sitting next to him might prefer 3 day vs 15 day.

We certainly do not act against any clients, winning or otherwise. nearly all trades (especially in equities indices and commodities) just go straight through no matter what the size. FX tends to bring out the scalpers so we are more careful there. FXwinners is not a scalper at all, as he places orders to be activated and (because he is a consistent winner) we then place orders to cover his positions. If he wins we win if he loses we lose. There is no 'size' issue involved at all. If he put £1000 a point with us we would just leave £19.5m orders in the market. The point about slippage is that the bigger the order the bigger the chance of slippage. And if there is a large accumulation of orders at a certain price then the chances of slippage increase again

To move sterling a pip generally takes about £30M (£1500 a point) if MMs (because of previous experience) know where a sell/buy order for £100/200M is.Then when the market gets close to the triggers they will be tempted to hunt for them.

Simon

firstly simon you DID NOT refund the slippage from the 13th - i presume you are offering to do that on all of our accounts and look forward to the 11 pip refunds.

however i would like to point out that when we rang we were told in no uncertain terms it was hard luck. my collegue asked to speak to you and was assured that you would call - you didnt, though i'm happy to say this isnt the norm, you usually do call back even if it makes no difference at all.

as for being slipped only once, that's not true either for a start it's twice this week alone - do you really think that we would be complaining if we were slipped the odd once? you think we are that fickle that we wuld move thousands from our cs account to IG for a 'once' only slippage - we can lookmat the records and tell you EXACTLY how many times if you'd like.

you know damn well our size has not remained constant - we used to have much more money with you but because of your comments by telephone " because you dont make money out of us you would slip us now and again" - that comment was unnaceptable and thats why we closed down our main accounts and moved to IG index keeping a small account with you.

a month ago we added another 10k to our account with you as all seemed ok, we increased our stake again and here we are, being slipped as much as you can get away with. clearly we have slipped above your comfort level again and the shark has been let out to feed.

Simon, we accept that you are a bookmaker, not a trading company - you are expected to be a shark - however please don't come on here telling everyone you are 'fair' - sure you are - to losers!

I can remember when we first spoke - i called you telling you exactly what we were going to do - i was fully upfront with you and you serenaded us and said yes yes, everything is fine. clearly you thought "another bunch of mugs" - however after a year i called you and yur attitude was sooo different - "your business is not important to us - you making money from us does not make me happy - when you win you don't win at market you win from our pocket" and so on. that's also why we left.

I can't deal with the accounts myself at the moment as I'm in New York, however my collegues are pulling their hair out with the ineptitude of your trading execution.

you often state " if the maket slips us then we slip you" well that just does not wash, if every other platform on the planet can be filled at our level then so can you. you get the same prices and you have the same opportunities they do. Either your dealers are totally inept or you are ripping us off - i think the latter.

I also take issue with you discussing the extent or otherwise of our success and/or our trading methods on a public forum and for that matter The Sunday Times! - confidentiality does not seem to be your strong point does it!. wether we ourselves discuss on open forum is up to us - but it is not your right to reveal how long we have made profit for or how large that profit is - so when it comes to details like that please 'STFU' (work that one out)

In the past i reccomended CS to lots of people - now i would tell them that if they are losers then yes, go to CS, they LOVE losers! and they look after losers!. But if you actually do make money then go somewhere else and avoid CS like the plague.

Sorry Simon, but an old record by Al Wilson comes to mind.

"Al Wilson comes to mind." ....LOL for the non Northern Soulies onboard we're talking about a little ditty called....."Show and Tell" ;) although to me it sounds as though it could be a case of Jimmy Radcliffe ..... ;)

fxwinner22

considering you have been making so much money from your Capitalspreads account over a period of time, you would be wise to exercise a little more discretion, and not rubbish the company on this site

if you seriously think ig are a better bet, I think you will be disappointed. They are much less transparent than Capitalspreads.

I have account with Capital but i don't use it regularly. For FX I have been using IG Index for speed on sometime large vol., no requotes ever. Even CMC is good for speed. CMC seeems to re-quote me many times in shares and indices.

hi chump - no, the other one - the sixties track.

pippin, ive already been with IG for over 6 months and am well impressed. also i'd make money no matter who the broker is as for being transparent - time will tell for you if you ever make any money.

also pippin, why should i not rubbish them on this site - if you think they would treat me different because of it then i think that proves my case.

not often I have to make an apology but it appears that we had not refunded the pips mentioned earlier to FXwinner.... whoops, made me look a complete idiot.

If you want something done do it yourself is the answer to that.

sorry

simon

xmas bonus for John !

I am no longer on autotrader (John) because a few weeks back I exploited a handful of off-kilter prices (I'll put my hand up...I couldn't help it .. they were just staring me in the face...my bad), but I'm sure most people are on still on autotrader (John) on trades below £10 a point and it is very fast. Simon, when you sit down with John for an end of year 360-degree appraisal and target setting for next year, I recommend John 'raises the bar' and works on executing stops and other orders at decent prices when the market is not in 'fast conditions'. John is much quicker than the human dealers but the trade-off is increased slippage. This is one of the few areas where Capitalspreads has fallen behind the competition. I don't think it's too hard to either speed John up or create a John v 2.0 that executes orders at the right prices, at least for normal mkt conditions (I appreciate many pure fx brokers such as Oanda work on a 'next best price' basis when orders are triggered, but even these generally give very good fills in normal conditions - I think it might be a technology issue).

Anyway, merry xmas to all and congrats to Simon for his good PR work on this board (I mean this in a good way!).

abo

thks for your comments

we have commissioned the nonslip version which should be available soon.

merry xmas to you too

Simon

Hi. Complements of the season. Just a quickie.

Are Capital going to be offering some sexy intraday options in their Binary Bets any time soon?
Will this be early in the new year (if at all)?. Thanks.

fantasy

which markets are you looking for.

if they are unique (i.e not open to arbing with you know who) all the better.

cheers

simon

Well... commodities in particular would be great ('A.N.Other company' :cool: offers gold and silver but not hourly or 20/30 minute intras, and Coffee and Sugar would be unique and of great interest).
Oil seems to be pretty well catered for already.

Re Indices, the French CAC 40, Italian MIB 30 and Dax are only offered daily elsewhere (if at all).
I'd much prefer betting on hourlies (and less) on these than the widely available FTSE intras, if they were made available.

Finally there is a SEVERE lack of opportunities to bet hourly binaries etc on FX
(unless betting through the exchanges which is far from ideal for a number of reasons).

Any chance of Santa being good to us Simon??
:D

Can someone please tell me whether Capital Spreads is open for trading the US markets on Boxing Day.

I have deleted the email telling me Xmas trading hours and cannot find anything on their website.

Thanks

Ben

This is from CS opening times email

Tuesday 26th Dec
FX Markets Open 12:00pm
UK & European Shares Closed all day
UK & European Indices Closed All Day
CME Indices 12:00 - 21:15
CBOT Indices 12:00 - 21:15
Brent Crude 12:00 - 19:29
Binary markets Closed all week

regards

Sorry to say, serious chart problems again with the USD/SEK on CS. At about 3:15 today, the chart and the price were over 120 pips different! No sign of a reolution from the helpdesk either :(

At worst, the chart was 5 minutes lagging behind the price.