Best Thread Capital Spreads

Phil Mibbutz said:
Finspreads also have humans pressing the buttons, I believe.

But you don't get price has expired. I have just opened and account with them and I executed trades quite well now I can focus on trading and not if my trades will be executed or rejected.

Plus you can add your stop as you go into the trade. which is great. I am sure they are not perfect but It's worth the try.

I also have a deal4free account which executes fast .They have "Mean Executioners" ;) at CS. They sit back and think Hmm I wonder where this trade is going. I will hold it reject it and take out the stop.. :cheesy:

Kaffee said:
Zuke... I find them a very reasonable company to deal with. This doesn't surprise me.

this is what makes it so frustrating Kaffee..their customer service is excellent, as are their spreads..if they could just sort out their fills and 24 hour FX they'd really hit a home run.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Finspreads also have humans pressing the buttons, I believe.

But Fins jump around all over the shop on Cable.... and I mean by a good 5 points either side. Great for a limit, mare for a stop.

Probably great for scalping. But that's not my bag baby.

coolTrader said:
But you don't get price has expired. I have just opened and account with them and I executed trades quite well now I can focus on trading and not if my trades will be executed or rejected.

Plus you can add your stop as you go into the trade. which is great. I am sure they are not perfect but It's worth the try.

I also have a deal4free account which executes fast .They have "Mean Executioners" ;) at CS. They sit back and think Hmm I wonder where this trade is going. I will hold it reject it and take out the stop.. :cheesy:

?? You can set your limit/stop up as soon as your trade is placed with Caps i.e. on the confirmation ticket.

I've been told from sources that Auto Execution wont be operational for a few months, as they only just started to redesign the software.

Hi

How reliable is the CS trading platform?
I know that it is web based, rather than a application that you install, such as CMC's marketmaker. I like the fact that the CS platform looks uncomplicated and fairly "user friendly"....

For those with experience of using the CS platform-
If you were to have the CS trading platform open and running, waiting for your trades, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, over AN AVERAGE four week period, how many seperate "problems" do you reckon you'd encounter? (problems such as the platform/server has gone down, frozen, crashed, can't log in etc.)

How quickly and efficiently do such problems tend to be fixed?

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited:
jtrader said:
Hi

How reliable is the CS trading platform?
I know that it is web based, rather than a application that you install, such as CMC's marketmaker. I like the fact that the CS platform looks uncomplicated and fairly "user friendly"....

For those with experience of using the CS platform-
If you were to have the CS trading platform open and running, waiting for your trades, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, over AN AVERAGE four week period, how many seperate "problems" do you reckon you'd encounter? (problems such as the platform/server has gone down, frozen, crashed, can't log in etc.)

How quickly and efficiently do such problems tend to be fixed?

Cheers

jtrader.

I am an ex-CS client. All I can say is that the only good thing about CS platform is it's uncomplicated and user friendly and that's it.

It's not reliable, and it's notorious with execution being very delayed, the delays always happened to be resulting in losing more or winning less when you try to take a quick profit. Orders you set will randomly be filled to their favour. The delayed execution has been a problem for more than 2 years, despite hundreds of complaints. I doubt their integrity, I dont trust them.

I am glad that I closed my account with them. My advice to you and anybody is to
AVOID CAPITALSPREADS AT ALL COST !!!

MidasTouch1 said:
I am an ex-CS client. All I can say is that the only good thing about CS platform is it's uncomplicated and user friendly and that's it.

It's not reliable, and it's notorious with execution being very delayed, the delays always happened to be resulting in losing more or winning less when you try to take a quick profit. Orders you set will randomly be filled to their favour. The delayed execution has been a problem for more than 2 years, despite hundreds of complaints. I doubt their integrity, I dont trust them.

I am glad that I closed my account with them. My advice to you and anybody is to
AVOID CAPITALSPREADS AT ALL COST !!!

Well said. I cannot add anything. As I said I have opened and account with finspread. Their price jumps all over the place execution is quick just trying them out. seems I will be falling back using just deal4free Alone.

wasp said:
I notice Simon hasn't even posted here for a while now...

I am not surprised Simon hasn't posted here for a while - what with all the criticism and everything. He's probably decided it's bad PR to perpetuate his presence here and keep responding to the same complaints over and over. I can understand that.

Though, if I were him, it would be too tempting not to keep reading peoples opinions, so although he's not posting, I reckon he's probably reading this right now :).

Anyway, I've used CS for just over a year. I love the simple interface, and my trades are executed pretty well, and their admin team provide good service. There are indeed slight delays when entering positions, but exiting with stop and exit orders seems reliable.

They often cease online trading in some products, eg EUR/USD, for short periods, which can be frustrating and nerve wracking with a large position open. It's not always convenient to switch to phone trading, especially in an office environment.

At the time of writing this, the CS website is completly down! www.capitalspreads.com just isn't there, which is really bad. Just to check it's not me, I can navigate to their sports site no problem ( www.capitalspreadssport.com ). I hope they post a reason on their front page once it's back online...

On the whole, speaking with 1 years customer experience, CS is usable for occasional spreadbetting, but not perfect. However, whats the alternative? I've tried Finspreads and I hate their website. So I'll probably stick with CS, better the devil you know?

EGO2

EGO2 said:
....However, whats the alternative? I've tried Finspreads and I hate their website. So I'll probably stick with CS, better the devil you know?.....

IG have just reduced their spreads on euro/dollar and cable rolling bets to 3 pips, and they offer 24 hr trading. Nice platform, too, comparatively speaking in my opinion.

No argument whatsoever for sticking with CS now....(again, in my opinion).

I think the best thing is to have different accounts with a few SB companies even if it is just for some peace of mind.......lol

BroadSword said:
IG have just reduced their spreads on euro/dollar and cable rolling bets to 3 pips, and they offer 24 hr trading. Nice platform, too, comparatively speaking in my opinion.

No argument whatsoever for sticking with CS now....(again, in my opinion).

Lol!
I have read that they can be dodgy have an account with them never funded it. Is there any spread betting company with have missed out?

Maybe we should open one. suckerspreadbetting.com or DodgyRusSpreadbetting.com
No wait that will be too obvious. Why don't we call it Genius_spreadbetting.com and have a slogan that says "A company where great minds make money". Surely it can't be that hard. We have lots of developers here in this forum. ;)

Just move our price at random hit stops and and we will be laughing all the way to the bank. If we get that one smart customer that thinks they can take "our money". We will just frustrate them , delay trades. go to phone only on that account etc. until they go away :cheesy:

I hope you will all open an account with us when we start.

Disclaimer:

This is not meant to be taken seriously

For small SB traders, especially those not into Forex, CS is fine... generally speaking the things people complaim about aren't going to affect small traders who are trying to turn £200 into £billions by daytrading the Dow. So for a good number reading this thread, CS is okay and the spreads etc are good and the platform is good and all the other bits with 'good' in them.

Anyone wanting to turn over larger amounts, especially via Forex, should probably look elsewhere - at least for now.

At a guess that about sums it up - if you are small enough, then even if they ARE messing about, the advantages probably outweigh the disadvantages... I suspect by some way too. Bigger traders and particularly Forex traders (it seems) will get frustrated pdq and for them the disadvantages outweigh the advantages... which is a shame but there we go.

Like much in life what you get in one hand goes from the other hand in some manner - better data and charts tends to cost more than the freebies, Ladas are cheaper than BMW's. It would be really nice if CS got the automated dealing going and it solved all these issues, anyone interested I'm running a March future on that with a risk reward that is out of this world.

Market forces will, in the end, decide this... I really would stress though that for any newbie lurking, wondering where to open an account, the thruth is that picking the right company to trade with is a variable and whilst I'm not seeking to downplay the problem highlighted here they shouldn't automatically figure this company is off the menu. For SOME people this is still a platform worth considering, it probably won't suit all however. (Before torching CS do bear in mind that many others have been the subject of our scorn and derision over the years - the definitive 'great bunch to deal with' has yet to be invented, and for a long time many of us thought CS finally filled that position <g>)

I don't blame Simon at all either - I won't feel sorry for him mind <g>

coolTrader said:
Lol!
I have read that they can be dodgy have an account with them never funded it. Is there any spread betting company with have missed out?

Maybe we should open one. suckerspreadbetting.com or DodgyRusSpreadbetting.com
No wait that will be too obvious. Why don't we call it Genius_spreadbetting.com and have a slogan that says "A company where great minds make money". Surely it can't be that hard. We have lots of developers here in this forum. ;)

Just move our price at random hit stops and and we will be laughing all the way to the bank. If we get that one smart customer that thinks they can take "our money". We will just frustrate them , delay trades. go to phone only on that account etc. until they go away :cheesy:

I hope you will all open an account with us when we start.

Disclaimer:

This is not meant to be taken seriously
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

DaveJB said:
For small SB traders, especially those not into Forex, CS is fine... generally speaking the things people complaim about aren't going to affect small traders who are trying to turn £200 into £billions by daytrading the Dow. So for a good number reading this thread, CS is okay and the spreads etc are good and the platform is good and all the other bits with 'good' in them.

I freely admit that i'm a very small trader. All i ever do are £1 - £4 bets, and i'm not expecting to make a huge amount. If i make £30 a day i'm pleased, anything more and i'm overjoyed. But when they are choosing whether or not to fill my trade, its extremely annoying. If i want to get out for a £2 profit, i'm filled quick, for £10 profit in a fast market, i'll be lucky. Same for losing trades, £2 loss, delayed fill, £20 loss almost instant. I've never had it once where a delayed execution has gone in my favour. Its well beyond the joke.

If ever you guys want to complain to FSA as a group, count me in :D

Simon (capitalspreads) seems to have gone quiet on, or stopped contributing to this thread.

When Simon wrote that CS never bias prices and reject less than 1% of trade requests, do you think he was telling porkies?

Last edited:
jtrader said:
Simon (capitalspreads) seems to have gone quiet on, or stopped contributing to this thread.

When Simon wrote that CS never bias prices and reject less than 1% of trade requests, do you think he was telling porkies?

Put it this way I had more than 1% of my trades on Forex rejected. I also did not trade news so there was no excuse there.

Simon said something along the lines that I was pip hunting and I still haven't got a clue what that means and why it would be a problem in any case!

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Put it this way I had more than 1% of my trades on Forex rejected. I also did not trade news so there was no excuse there.

Simon said something along the lines that I was pip hunting and I still haven't got a clue what that means and why it would be a problem in any case!

JonnyT

He did! What does he think we are hunting burgers!

JonnyT - Put it this way I had more than 1% of my trades on Forex rejected. I also did not trade news so there was no excuse there.

Hi

CS do admit that forex is their weakest offering, due to instability in their price feeds, and I think they have also admitted that perhaps some of their competitors currently offer a better forex spreadbetting serivce.

Any CS dislike of "pip hunting" probably means that you do not clients placing frequent trades in pursuit of a small number of pips profit per trades - i.e. scalpers. They may say something like their platform is not designed for scalpers, as CMC have said in the past.
Still, I don't see why scalping would be a problem though, as CS make money through the spread every time a trade is placed. Perhaps the problem is that their human dealers/trade request ACCEPTORS or REJECTORS, do not like to be kept busy?

They said on the phone that they can't remember the last time that they rejected a trade request on their SP500 products, due to the massive liquidity in, and stable nature of the price movements in the underlying futures market.

Any comments or insight? (from CS' past or present SP500 trading customers?)

Also, if you were logged in and ready to trade 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, over an average 4 week period, how often would the CS website/trading platform freeze, go down, crash etc.meaning that you temporarily lost the ability to place trades online? i.e. how reliable is the platform in terms of maintaining accessibility, and how quickly are any problems with the platform resolved?

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited:
all i can say is they must have spent months researching and compiling the best excuses before they opened.

If they can offer live charts within a month, why wont they offer auto-execution? Something for which i have been told is very easy to implement and something that traders have been complaining about since they opened 2-3 years ago.

Well its obviously really, without all the money they are conning out of clients they wouldnt be able to go public and line their pockets further.